Work This Out

HOMO sapiens VS GAYliens

A little over a week had gone by. IX had debuted and, as predicted, V:X wasn’t doing very great. Their sales have gone down, their pile of fan mail was thinning, and the one stalker they had no longer hung around outside of the studio. They probably found IX more fun to stalk than a boring hip-hop group, when all they did was sit around and complain.

 

After three more gloomy days in the studio, Wonshik finally called to a band meeting.

 

“Alright, es.” Wonshik announced into the mostly empty meeting room. “We’re getting our asses plowed into the ground, aren’t we?”

 

“It sounds even more pathetic when you put it that way…” Hongbin murmured while running a hand through his luscious locks.

 

“What do you suggest we do about it?” Taekwoon questioned with his arms crossed and his chair leaning back.

 

“Great question, Mr. Laid-Back Leo. I have the perfect plan!” Wonshik boasted with a stupidly smug look on his face. “We’re going to make our way down to their studio. You know what we’re gonna do after that?”

 

“Oh, oh! Pick me!” Their maknae stretched his hand up in the air.

 

“Yes, you with the stupidly pink hair!”

 

“We ring their doorbell!”

 

“No- Well, you’re not wrong, but I was implying that we had already gone through the entire entering process.”

 

“Oh. Then I have no clue what we’re gonna do next.”

 

“Okay, we’re going to ask them…” he paused for effect, “to feature in our mixtape!”

 

“What would that do for us?”

 

“Hongbin, you stupid ho.” Ravi shook his head in disappointment. “Getting a popular vocalist to feature in your rap is one of the most important goals to achieve!”

 

“I think it would be more logical to feature in their album.” Taekwoon mumbled to himself while the other two were arguing back and forth. No one heard Taekwoon. His idea went unheard. He was used to this.

 

After another 13 minutes of Hongbin and Wonshik fighting like small children, they finally embarked on their adventure. They were able to get directions to the aliens’ company (thank you, siri) and were now crouched behind a bush.

 

“Why are we hiding?” Hongbin whispered into Wonshik’s ear from behind. He simply just waved at him to be quiet. How dare this low-life bean ask him questions.

 

“Did you just call me a low-life, bean?” , Wonshik didn’t mean to say the bean thing out loud.

 

Wonshik didn’t have any time to defend himself, because a familiar voice spoke from directly behind them. “Oh, hey there, baby.

 

The pathetic trio all slowly turned around to come face to face with a crouching Hakyeon and Sanghyuk. It was kind of terrifying.

 

“So, why are you guys all…” Hakyeon gestured with his hands to the little circle they had formed behind the bush.

 

“Oh, we were just…” Hongbin’s sentence faded out because he didn’t really know how to explain their situation.

 

Wonshik decided to blurt out the first thing on his mind. “...Just enjoying the aesthetics of this bush!”

 

“Alright. Do you guys want to come inside?”

 

Hongbin suddenly remembered that IX was a group of Aliens. Aliens from outer space. The image flashed in his mind of Hakyeon, Jaehwan, and Hyuk his brain out through bendy straws, so he stood up very quickly and shouted “No! Don’t fall for it, guys!” His scream echoed for about three blocks.

 

“aaaaand why not?” Ravi looked at Hongbin with an expression that can only be described as a mix of concern and annoyance.  

 

“Oh, uhm… I mean…” Everyone was staring at Hongbin. Even the guy with the weed-wacker across the street was staring. “I meant, don’t fall for me, Sanghyuk. Players like us can’t be fallin in love.”  

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“You have to promise you won’t fall in love with me.”

 

Another awkward silence.

 

“That’s not a problem.” Hyuk finally said with raised eyebrows.

 

Now, Hyuk and Hongbin were staring at one another. It was starting to get weird until Hakyeon finally spoke up.

 

“Are you guys seriously quoting ‘A Walk to Remember’?”

 

Wonshik shook his head. “Nicholas Sparks, man. He’s the real MVP.”

 

Hakyeon stood from his crouching position and brushed off his shins. “Alright, I un-invite you inside of our building. Sanghyuk, stop making eyes at the human. Let’s head back.”

 

Although he was reluctant, Hyuk eventually broke Hongbin’s gaze and stood up with Hakyeon.


“Woah, woah, woah, there.” Wonshik scrambled as he attempted to stand up also. “We actually came here with a purpose.”

 

Hakyeon raised his eyebrows as he crossed his arms with super sass. “Alright. Out with it then.”

 

“So, we were wondering if you guys would feature in our next mixtape.”

 

“That’s it? You just want us to feature in your mixtape? Not even an album?”

 

“Rappers are too cool for albums.” Hongbin added uselessly. Taekwoon rolled his eyes (no, I didn’t forget that Taekwoon was present in this scene).

 

It took Hakyeon a few seconds to actually respond. “I need time to think it over. We’ll let you know when a decision is made.”


and then off Hakyeon went with Hyuk trailing behind him.

 

 

 

 

 

Please

subscribe - upvote - comment

(if you want to)

stalk me on socail media

twitter - tumblr

(only if you want to)