D.O: Complications

Trash Can

[140314] 

****This is a really old one (you might have already guessed from the date) that I wrote in facebook****

COMPLICATIONS
(old imagines series)

About you:

  • age 18
  • raised by your dad
  • mom died when you were 5 years old
  • EXO-L



Chapter 1

These past few days your body has not been in a very good condition; you feel tired, your stomach aches, your chest hurt, your head aches, your eyes hurt; your whole body was in pain. But it was your PE class just now and you love PE, so even though you were not feeling well you played really enthusiastically, and, now your body hurts ever more.

You are just walking to your class after changing, suddenly, you start to feel dizzy. You think it was because of weakness so you just moved on to your next class.

 

Classes end.

You get up and walk a few steps when suddenly.... darkness... you faint. When you regained your consciousness you are in the school infirmary. The school nurse advises you to go to the hospital.

 

Your dad is out of town due to work. You know how hard he is working to support you and you don't want to worry him more by telling him that you had fainted in school. So, you go to the hospital for the check up alone.

 

You reach the hospital and sign for an appointment. You feel thirsty so you go to get something to drink from the vending machine. Again, you start to feel dizzy, you try to walk towards the benches but you faint halfway.

 

You wake up. Your vision is blurry. You can't make out where you are.
You: Where is this??
Voice: It's my room. You fainted in the hallway so I carried you here.
You: Ah... thank you.

 

You are still feeling very weak and your vision is still not clear. But from the voice and the blurry figure you could make out that it was a guy.
Boy: I called the nurse, she said that you should visit the doctor after you wake up.
You: Yeah, okay, I'll go now. I have already made an appointment.

 

You try to stand but you are so weak that you immediately fell right back on the bed. So, he helps you up and also takes you to the doctor's cabin.

On the way your vision starts to get clearer. You can see who the boy is.... you can't believe your eyes!! A member from your favorite boy group EXO! D.O!!! You couldn't bring out a word from your mouth.

When you reached the cabin, without saying anything to him, you went straight inside.

 

You discussed all your problems and the doctor asked you to do some tests. When you came out D.O. was still there waiting for you.
D.O.: I don't even get a thanks?? I'm Kyungsoo by the way and you are...?
You: (after gathering much courage) I'm ___(insert your name)_____. Thank you very much for everything you did for me.

D.O. gives you his usual bright smile. You blush alittle and run away cause you felt very nervous.

 

You returned home after all those tests the doctor had asked. You were also tired from running away from D.O., so, you go straight to bed.

 

 

A few days later.

 

 

Your dad had returned back. But he was still busy as ever and since you didn't want to hinder his work you went to pick up your reports alone. When you showed the reports to the doctor... bad news...

 

You are sitting on a bench in the hallway, depressed. D.O passed by and saw you.
D.O.: Oho! Look who's here!?

You were surprised that he recognized you but the shock from earlier report was too great, you don't reply him.
D.O.: Is anything wrong? What's the matter?

You didn't want to worry him so you just tried to change the topic.
You: Ah, oppa did you get discharged?
He was wearing his own clothes and not the hospital ones.
D.O.: eung!? Oh, yeah, (waving his discharge papers) got discharged today! I'm on my way home.
You: What were you admitted for anyway?
D.O: some flu... I told the company it wasn't so serious but they insisted so... Hey! Don't try to change the subject!! What are you so depressed about??
You: It's really nothing. I'll need to go now. Bye.

D.O. grabs your hand. You try to break away but his grip was very strong.
D.O.: C'mon tell me already. It will get a load off your chest.

 

You can't hold it in anymore. You felt like you were going to break if you kept it in any longer. Tears starts to fall. He hugs you in an attempt to comfort you. And you finally speak in a shaky crying voice, "I have cancer."




Chapter 2

You and D.O, both, are standing in the hallway facing towards each other. Tears are flowing down your cheek and D.O stood there in complete shock.
D.O: Cancer??!! But you're still so young!
You: It's genetical. My mom died of cancer when I was young, I guess, now it's my turn. 
D.O: Don't speak such nonsense!! You have your whole life ahead of you! You're not dying!!
You: I don't know what to think anymore. I have to inform my dad too and I have to get admitted tomorrow.... I'll leave first.
D.O: Wait. How bad is it?
You: Doctors say it's in the second stage.
You turn away and leave.

 

You reached home. Everything looks dark and dull. You don't feel like doing anything so you just go straight to bed. In your dream, you see your mom. You don't have much memories of her but having cancer you felt like you could understand her pain alittle.

 

It is dark. Your dad wakes you up for dinner. You kind of miss your mom, for the first time in many years. After dinner you give your dad the news. He is heartbroken. But he wants to do everything he can to save you.

 

The next day you go to the hospital with all your necessary things. The doctors tells you and your dad about your options for survival. They give you few days to choose the treatment procedure.

 

A few days have already passed and D.O visits you almost everyday. You both have a wonderful time together. If he cannot make it then he calls you. So there wasn't a single day you both don't talk to each other.

 

You had decided to go with the surgery to remove the cancerous cells. For about 4 months in the hospital, your condition was getting better but then it started to get bad again. Doctors advised you to transfer to another hospital in U.S.A.

 

Your relationship with D.O. had started to take a romantic turn. You know this how? Yesterday when he visited you, he almost kissed you!! Since he was starting to have these kinds of feelings towards you and your condition wasn't improving you take the hard decision of leaving him. Atleast this way he would get less hurt if you were to die.

 

You talked to your dad about your decision and he accepted it. "Anything for your happiness," he said. Two days later, your transfer documents was ready and flight tickets were also booked. You didnt say a word about this to D.O.

 

Next day, D.O came to visit you again, but, instead, he found the letter you had left for him. It read,

Oppa, I'm leaving. I'm really grateful for everything you have done for me. Without you, I probably couldnt have progressed this fast. But, now, I need to go, this place has started to haunt me, I dont think I can live here any longer. I'll miss you alot, but, I hope you can carry on with your life.
Goodbye.

It was a complete shock for D.O. He asked the doctors, the nurses, the reception even the patients you got along with. But still didn't get any answers. You had made everyone promise not to tell him anything. Just silent tears fell through his eyes as he looked at your letter he held in his hands, he knew you were lying about your fast progress.




Chapter 3

About 2 years later.

 

You are almost completely cured, only a few tests remain. Not a single day has passed by without you thinking about D.O. You always searched about his activities everyday. And it did look like he has moved on. You were happy. Also, EXO was gaining lots more popularity worldwide. They were constantly moving from one country to other for interviews and concerts and things like that. You could only silently pray for their safety.

 

Your reports are out and it is... normal!! YAY!! The doctors even said that you could return to Korea now! But, you aren't least bit excited about it. There was no one to return back to anymore.

 

After a few days you are back in Korea. The first thing you do is visit the hospital to thank the doctors and everyone. Also, because it was the place where you first met D.O!

 

It became dark outside without you noticing. You were just happy roaming around the hospital. Then, you see the bench where you were sitting when you first heard that you had cancer. You walk towards it and you get all these flashbacks about your conversation with D.O and how he had comforted you.
Voice: Oho! Look who's here!

You hear a very familiar voice. And that line was familiar too. You turn your head towards your right and there he was, D.O, with tears in his eyes.
You: Oppa... (tears start building up in your eyes) w-what are you doing here?

An old man comes up to you from behind.
Old man: Aigoo, Kyungsoo-ya, is this young lady her? I told you never to give up, did I not?
You: What do you mean grandpa???

You turn to face D.O.
You: It couldn't be... oppa...(endless tears start flowing from your eyes)
D.O.: Thank you so much grandpa. Without your support, I'd probably have given up a long time ago.

You run towards him and hug him tight.
D.O: Are you back for good? Or, are you gonna leave me again?
You: (shakes head) No, never again. I'll always be by your side, so, oppa, you dont leave my side too okay!!?

 

Both of you are sitting on that bench, staring straight ahead.
D.O: (breaking silence) So, how have you been?
You: I've been well. The doctors tried very hard, so, I guess you will have to put up with me for a very long time oppa. (smile)
D.O: Y-you mean... you mean you're cured? You're healthy?!
You: eung!!!! (nods)

All of a sudden D.O kisses you. You are taken by a complete surprize, you move your head back. But, when you realized, you kissed him even more passionately.

 

About a year has passed, you've resumed your education and yes, you guys are still happily dating each other. Just the difference is your relationship became public and fans rage has also cooled down.

 

On a date one fine day.
You: Oppa, I've been curious about one thing for a very long time.
D.O: What is it?
You: How did you recognize me on your discharge day??
D.O.:How could I not!? You have such beautiful features that it just got painted on my mind.
You: Dont joke around. Tell me. Truthfully!
D.O: Araseo-araseo!! Remember how we first met?? I carried you to my room, right? Looking at your sleeping face for an hour ofcourse I'd remember.

 

Out of nowhere Baekhyun popped up. He was eavesdropping.
Baekhyun: These days our Kyungsoo is lying alot, isn't he!! The truth is he took a photo. He used to look at it all the time.
You: What?? A photo??
D.O: Thats not true, ok, Baekhyun!! Yeah I accept that I took a photo but I didn't look at it all the time!!
Baek: You used to look at it before going to bed after waking up, before practice after practice, before eating after eating. That sums up to all the time, doesn't it? And not to mention, you even used to mutter to yourself "will we meet again", "I hope we meet again". Oh! How desperate you were.
D.O: S-shut up Baekhyun!! And what are you doing here anyways? Were you eavesdropping?!!
Baek: NO!! Why would you think that!!??
D.O: Then, go mind your own business and leave us alone!!!

D.O gives Baekhyun his scary stare.
Baekhyun: Fine-fine I'm leaving... lovebirds tch!
D.O: Did you say something!!
Baekhyun: Kkaebsong~ !!!

 

You just stood there smiling at them. You were happy that EXO members got along so well and that D.O. had such amazing friends.
D.O: I'm really glad that even after everything you went through you're here with me right now.

 

You smile at him and give him a light kiss to show that you felt the same.



Um.. how was it? There is alot of grammatical mistakes, I know, but I just thought I'd post this here. I'll be posting some more of my old imagines, so, I hope you will read a few. ^^