Chen: Uniquely Unforgettable

Trash Can

[140921] 

UNIQUELY UNFORGETTABLE
(a birthday project)

"Hyung ireonayo [wake up]," Sehun whispered into Chens ears.
That whisper of his was so soft that even a fully awake person would barely hear to make out what he said. So, since Chen didn't wake up Sehun had the chance to have his little fun. He grabbed Chens leg and pulled him off the bed.
"W-what the hell happened?" a startled Chen asked looking here and there, his upper half body on the bed while the lower half on the floor.
"Saengil chukkahaeyo hyung!" Sehun cheered and added, "How did you like my surprise?"
"Surprise?" Chen asked standing up.
"My surprise event to wake you up!" Sehun grinned.
"You pulled my leg!"
"And it worked!" Sehun added, proud.
"When did you become so evil? The first time I met you, you were such a sweet innocent child."
"Well, I did ask you to wake up but you didn't so it's not really my fault," Sehun shrugged.
"Are you asking for a beating?!"
"No, are you becoming deaf?"
"Yah!!"
"Mianhae-mian," Sehun said, laughing. "Well, lets go. Hyungs are waiting."

 

The two joined the other members at the dining table. "Saengil chukkahae Chen!" Everyone wished the moment they saw the birthday boy.
"I've made the seaweed soup for you," D.O said getting a bowl for him.
"I helped with the seasongings," Chanyeol added.
"And we all helped make this feast," Suho said gesturing at the full table.
"Wah~ jinjja komawo yedeura. [Thank you so much guys] I'm really touched."

 

Everyone was eating and talking but Luhan noticed that Chen was constantly checking his phone. "Are you waiting for a call?" Luhan asked.
"Yeah, (your_name). She was the first one to wish me last year. Do you think she's forgotten it this time?"
"Maybe she is just busy," Luhan comforted him.
"We called to invite her earlier but she didn't pick up. She must be busy with something," Xiumin, who was sitting on the other side of Luhan, added after hearing them.

 

After their eating program they had to get ready for their next schedule — EXO-K as guests for a radio show and EXO-M with their photoshoot for an outdoor clothing company. Later they all were meeting for a fanmeet for Chens birthday. The days schedule was packed for them.

 

All through the day, whenever he got any free time, Chen would pick up his phone to see if there were any texts or messages from you. There were none so he would just keep on staring at the black screen of his cellphone.

 

It was time for EXO to go on the stage; they had to leave their phones with their manager and it was obvious Chen did not want to. "Tell me when (your_name) calls," Chen left for the stage with a heavy heart.

 

The moment EXO got on stage the cheers got ever more loud. Chen finally smiled with all his heart for the first time today. "Fans really are awesome, aren't they?" Baekhyun who was standing next to Chen whispered after seeing him smile. Chen blinked in agreement.
"1, 2, 3 We Are," Suho started for everyone to add after him, "One! Anyeonghasaeyo EXO-imnida~" Everyone bowed and greeted together.

 

And the show started.

 

"As everyone knows, today is our dear Chensing machine Chen's birthday!" Suho said after their 'Overdose' performance. Laughter could be heard along with cheers from the crowd, the members also laughed hearing the 'Chensing machine' comment. Even Chen giggled. "Lets all wish him together!" Suho said when the laughter quieted down a little.

The members and fans became one and sang the birthday song for Chen as the birthday cake was brought onto the stage. Chen made a wish and cut the cake. The members fed each other and also distributed it among the fans. While distributing Chanyeol suddenly said, "Everyone! A fan... what's your name?"
"Hyun Surim-yo," the fan replied.
"Chen-ssi, Hyun Surim-nim wants to know what you wished for? Mind telling us?"
"Chaegayo? [me]" Chen smiled and took a deep breath before continuing, "All I wished for was to be like this, spending time together with my members and the fans even in next how-many birthdays to come."
"Chen-ssi isn't that wishing for alot?" D.O asked teasing him.
"Kureongayo? [is it]" Chen played along earning laughter from everyone. The venue was filled with laughter once again with the members playfulness.

 

'Growl' was the last performance of the day. "We'd like to thank all of you who joined us to celebrate Chens birthday together with us. Chen-ssi would you like to add anything?" Suho said handing the mic over to Chen.
"Ne, kamsahamnida," Chen said to Suho and went on saying to the fans, "To spend my birthday with all of you has been very wonderful. Thank you so much for coming. And Lay hyungs birthday is next! We will meet you all then too right?" Loud cheers came from the fans. "Please continue supporting EXO. Saranghamnida!" Chen made a heart over his head at the end.
"That was very nice Chen," Kris said and added, "We are very grateful for all the love and support you have given us. Please continue to support us and we will meet you next time."

Everyone joined hands and bowed together shouting out, "Kamsahamnida!"

 

All the 12 boys returned backstage. Presents everywhere.

 

"I'm sure she remembers," Tao said to Chen.
"Huh?"
"Your real wish."
"Mm, maybe I should try calling her first?" Chen asked, probably to himself than to Tao.

 

After getting his make-up off Chen was just waiting around in the room. "I can't take it anymore! I'm calling her!" he announced, pointlessly.

 

"Waeyo [what is it] oppa?" you answered from the other line.
"Do you know what day today is?" Chen tried beating around the bush.
"What day is it?" you asked innocently.
"The 21st of September!"
"21st... hm... oh no!"
"Oh yes!"
"I'm so sorry oppa. Thank you so much for reminding. Saranghae," you hung up.

 

"I can't believe this," Chen said, shocked.
"What happened?" Lay asked coming to sit next to him.
"I just told (your_name) that it's September 21 and she still didn't remember," Chen explained annoyed from the phone conversation with you earlier.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, she didn't wish me!"
"I don't think she is the kind of person to forget about these kindof stuffs."
"She isn't. That's why it is even more frustrating!"
"Why don't you call her again?" Kai joined in their conversation.

 

Chen called you again, taking Kais advice, but it got connected to voicemail instead. He could only let out a sigh.

"Maybe she's got tired of you," Kai said shrugging.
"Yah, how can you say that so easily to me?" Chen asked, bewildered.
"Be prepared for a breakup in the soon to come future hyung."
"Yah!" Chen stood up angrily.
"I'm just kidding!" Kai pulled him back at the couch. "Gwenchaneulkoya hyung [It'll be alright]," Kai patted his shoulders.

 

They were all seated in their vans, ready to head back to their dorm. Chen phoned you again and thankfully this time it connected.

"Thank you so much oppa. If it wasn't for you I'd have forgotten to submit my project. I really owe you one," you said right after picking up.
"Isn't there anything else you want to tell me?"
"I don't think so... why?"
"Nevermind. I'll hang up," Chen hung up the phone, disappointed.

 

They finally reached home. And the moment Chanyeol opened the door VIXXs 'Thank You For My Love' suddenly started to play.

"Could it be a ghost?" Lay asked startling everyone frozen on their spots.
"Eiii solmayo [I doubt it] hyung," Chen said and bravely entered inside.
"And so our brave funky JD who wasn't scared of any ghosts met his end by the hands of a ghost," Baekhyun narrated.
"Keumanhaera [Stop it]," Chen said pushing the stop button on the player. "See, no ghosts!"
"Roger that! There are no ghosts, it is safe to enter. I repeat, there are no ghosts, it is safe to enter," Baekhyun was enjoying teasing him.
"Baekhyun neo jinjja!" Chen was getting pissed off. Then all of a sudden the song started to play again.
"Yah, Chen are you sure there is no ghost?" Baekhyun asked, feeling a little scared now.
"I don't know," Chen replied, honestly, also a little scared. He pushed the stop button again but only for the song to start playing a few seconds after, by itself!
"Yah yah yah Chen come out from there," Baekhyun said, panicking.
"Um guys..?" Kai, who was standing right behind Baekhyun, trailed off.
"What is it?" Chen asked, still inside.
"I saw a shadow in the bathroom."
"Hyung, why don't you go with Chen and see what's going on?" D.O suggested to Xiumin.
"Na? Wae? [me? why?]"
"You are one of the strongest of hearts out of us," Kris said.
"Also the eldest," D.O added the obvious.
"Minseok-ah palli ka [go fast]," Luhan said quickly, to stop Xiumin from asking anything more. The look in Xiumins eyes made Luhan pretty sure that he was going to say something more.
"Araseo, kalke. [okay, I'll go]"

 

Xiumin and Chen tiptoed towards the bathroom with VIXX still singing in the background. Chen slowly pushed the door open. "SURPRISE!!!" you jumped out from behind the bathroom door scaring both of them out of their wits.
"It was just (your_name). You guys are such scaredy cats," Baekhyun said coming all brave and strong after seeing that is was actually you.
"You were the one who was scared the most," D.O pointed out.
"Yeah, I thought he'd pee right here," Luhan added.
"You talk as if you weren't scared at all hyung," Baekhyun said to Luhan.
"You were both as much scared so just give it up already," Kris said irritated.
"Are we gonna stand here all night or are we gonna go in too?" Suho said to all the members blocking the door at the front.

 

"Yah! How did you get in?" Chen asked still recovering from the shock as the rest of the gang joined them inside.
"I pressed in the password," you shrugged your shoulders.
"How did you know the password?"
"You told it to me last time. Did you forget?"
"Oh right," Chen said as he recalled. "So, have you submitted your project?"
"What project?"
"The project you said the you had to submit," Chen said raising his brow.
"Oh that project! I lied," you said smiling innocently.
"What?! Why?"
"Come with me," you grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. The others followed behind you two.

 

"Surprise!"

 

You had decorated the whole kitchen. The table was filled with food and there was a chocolate cake at the centre.
"When did you..?"

"I thought I'd try something new this year. I had been preparing since you guys left this morning."

"Wow. I don't think I'll ever forget this birthday," he was awestruck from this surprise and still shocked from the one before.

"Saengil chukkahaeyo oppa!" you kissed him on the cheek. "Lets cut the cake!"

Chanyeol lighted the candle and Chen made a wish once again. VIXX was still singing, it was in a loop.

Rest of the evening you spent happily celebrating with EXO.