Luhan: Consulting a Therapist

Trash Can

[150106]

 CONSULTING A THERAPIST

 

You had been waiting in the corridor for 15 minutes when the patient who had the appointment before you opened the door and came out. The middle aged woman smiled at you before passing by, you kindly returned her smile.

For some reason you suddenly felt nervous to go in, you took a deep breath and turned the doorknob. You put your head inside the door and scanned through the room first but smiled embarrassedly when your eyes met the therapists. "Hi, there," she tried to manage a friendly confront.

She looked like she was over forty years of age, probably even almost fifty. This made you feel at ease and comfortable, like you were here to only meet your grandma though she is younger than her.

You straightened up and gracefully walked in, "Hello."
"Please make yourself comfortable. I'll be right over," she was actually looking through some drawers on her desk.

After about 2 minutes she came and sat down beside you and asked, trying to move on to the main business right away, "What brings you here today honey?"
You looked up from your hands intertwined in your lap to face the therapist. You slowly said, playing with your fingers, "It's about Luhan..."
"Luhan?" the therapist raised an eyebrow.
"Yes. He is, well, he was a member of EXO."
"The Korean-Chinese boy band?"
"Yes!" you exclaimed, surprised. "You know them?"
"I wouldn't say know but I have heard about them from somewhere."
"Oh. But it makes me proud to just know that you have actually heard about them."
"Yeah, so moving back to why we are here. What happened?"
"Well, you might have heard, he filed a lawsuit against his agency."
"Yes, that is sad to hear. But honey, there is nothing you could have done to prevent that. You should learn to move on and be happy in his happiness."
"Do you know that he is happy?"
"No, but it has been so many months. And look at him now, does he look sad? No, right?"
"Are you sure you are not a fan?"
She looked a little flustered. "Y-you are really here about a person who is far away from your life as the next galaxy?"
"Hey watch your tongue woman!" You gasped realizing what you just said and immediately apologized, "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that. It's-it's just that he is really close to me more than you can think of."
"So..? Are you dating him?"
"What?! Ew no! Why, why would I date him? Eww"
"Not a reaction I was hoping for... Weren't you his fan?"
"I wouldn't call myself his fan but I do understand his problem completely and I know why he did what he did but..!"
"But?"  
"But..." you heaved a sigh. "I really wanted him to stay. I didn't want to lose another one," tears started to build up as past eight months flashed through your mind.
"Honey, I told you. There was nothing you could have done."
"I know. It was the same as when Kris left all I could do was cry. I lost 17 kgs in a week. Can you believe that?!"
"Yeah... that is a bit hard to believe," she replied half-heartedly. The thing is you kind of looked a little over 60 kg.
"But this time as I was crying I remembered... that stupid idiot is my brother!"
"Wait, what?!"
"Mm-hm," you said enthusiastically nodding your head. "So that means I have his number! I called him up and gave him a piece of my mind. He would have had it a bit less tougher if he had given Kris' number the last time."
"Luhan is your brother?!"
"Yeah, I just said that. So, I think I said lots of nasty things. Is there any way to find out what I said to him?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry I'm just really taken aback. But now that I look at you, you do look a lot like him."
"Why thank you! But he still looks prettier, doesn't he? People used to mistake him for me and me for him always when we were kids."
"Are you two twins?"
"Triplets actually. We have a little sister - miss bookworm - she is pretty, actually the prettiest among us. And Luhan is the oldest. Hey, you are not following here!"
"Sorry again," she laughed sheepishly. "So, what were you saying?"
"I called him up and said some nasty things. Do you know if we can find out what I said to him? Or maybe we can make him forget what I said! Through hypnotism and stuff?"
"Why don't you just ask him? But why did you say anything that would make you regret later?"
"I know... it's just... the way he answered the call was so annoying! He picks up and greets me oh-so-jolly 'Hey, there lil sis! What's up?' as if nothing ever happened."
"Oh... it must have been hard. You know that saying 'Time heals everything' right? Give it sometime everything will be okay."
"It has almost been three months. How much more time do I need to give? You don't know my brother, he is twisted! He has been blackmailing me ever since."
"Wha..? Luhan is twisted? He looks like an angel."
"No, no, I mean my oldest brother who is four years older than us. I can never even imagine Luhan blackmailing me or anybody else. He is such a sweet child. He told me everthing with a calm voice and even when I shouted and cursed at him he just listened to it."
"But when did he
(the oldest brother) come up in our conversation? I thought this was about Luhan."
"Well it is about Luhan but you know that phone call?" She nodded her head. "I accidentally dialled my older brother instead of Luhan and all those things meant for Luhan I actually said it to him."
"My goodness. But blackmailing your own sister, that's sick! I think you should bring him for a session too. He is the one in need of it the most."
"I know right?! He asks for kisses, on the cheek don't get the wrong idea, and occasionally for me to be his girlfriend... this is the part I hate the most. Why doesn't he just reject a girl straight?! I have to act all lovey-dovey towards him the whole day."
"Maybe he just wants some affection time with his little sister."
"I hardly think that is the case. I think he has some mental problems. He adores us three very much but this adoration is so very unfortunate for me. Why does he need to be so fond of skinship?! At a time like this, I miss Luhan so much. If only he wasn't accepted to that stupid audition he would also have been with us. I can't share anything to that miss goody two shoes, always turns me into the bad guy or either tells me off to my parents."
"You know there is always the phone and internet. You could always leave him a message."
"If only that solved everything. That one phone call is what brought me here the first place, remember? This is making me question on your certificate."
"You are in good hands, don't worry."
"Well atleast talking with you kind of made me feel at peace. And not to mention the time just flew by!" you flashed a smile.
"Huh?"
"He should be here to pick me up. I'm really thankful to our talk but I don't think I need to come back again."
"Who are we talking about here no--ow?" Suddenly the door had opened. "Speak of the devil. I have a date with him today. Finally pestering Luhan for three months I got his number yesterday and he agreed to meet me."
"Aren't you coming?" Kris asked from the door.
"Yeah, let me just say goodbye," you told Kris. "Wish me luck!" you said to the therapist then whispered softly so that only she could hear, "It's his turn to get a taste of my anger that I had stacked up for him these past seven months." You winked and left the room.
"I think I should be wishing Kris all the luck... who will save him today?" she laughed sheepishly shaking her head sideways.