Kris: Birthday Get Together

Trash Can

[141106] 

Birthday Get Together
(a birthday project)

 

 

cling-clong

 

The doorbell rang to Kris’ apartment. He slowly got up from the sofa, unwilling to leave his drama halfway. 

 

He opened the door to find a woman dressed in a simple sleek gown as though attending a formal party, “Yeah?”

 

“Finally!” you raised both your hands in the air, annoyed as you turned around to face him. It hadn’t even been more than one minute, but you just wanted to annoy him a little. “Took you long enough!” you pushed him aside and barged inside. 

 

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?! Get out!” Kris shouted but earnesty was lacking from his voice.

 

“Hm... you’re living better than I thought,” you said looking around the house, impressed.

 

“Didn’t anyone teach you to enter inside only after you’ve been invited in?” he said taking away the flower vase from your hand. “Don’t touch anything!”

“As you say, your majesty!” you bowed infront of him, exaggeratingly. You sat down on the sofa that he was once sitting on and taking the bag of chips from the table you continued, “Anyways have any plans for this evening?”

“No and these are mine.” He snatched the Lays from your hand as he went and sat down on the far left side of the sofa (you were on the right).

“Stingy Kris!” you frowned. There wasn’t much reaction from him just an annoyed sideways glance, “Or should I call you Yifan now?” You winked at him teasingly.

“I don’t care as long as you get out of my house,” he said munching on 'his' Lays, his attention back on the TV.

“Tch.” You shifted to his side and slipped your hand inside the bag of chips he was holding, “What the hell are you watching anyways? It’s so boring,” you put a chip of Lays in your mouth.

“Boring?” He asked, eyes wide eyebrows raised as if he just heard something outrageous.

“It’s in Chinese, what do you expect!” you said in your defense.

“You’re in China, what did you expect?”

You rolled your eyes. “Aren’t you gonna feed your guest anything?”

“You are already eating my chips. What more do you want?”

You glared at him. 

He blinked once then chuckling he got out his cellphone, “What do you wanna eat?”

“Anything would do actually but since I have guests coming, some old friends, so order lots!” you patted his back twice before putting few chips into your mouth again.

“Since when did you get permission to invite your friends to my house?!” 

You shrugged your shoulders and it ended at that. After twenty minutes of watching the boring drama in silence even that ended and the credits started to roll. Kris started flipping through the channels, “Say, how did you find my house?”

“What?” That question took you by surprise. “Um...” you shrugged your shoulders.

Kris rolled his eyes, “That habit sure is catching up to you.”

 

You shrugged your shoulders again, laughing. 

 

Kris hit the back of your head. You shot him a death glare, right hand at the spot he hit. Now, he shrugged.

 

You finally stood up, sick of the little shrugging game. “Well I’m gonna get water for myself, since you aren’t offering me one,” you rolled your eyes.

“Help yourself. You practically think it’s your own house anyways, inviting your friends and all,” he waved his hands not looking away from the TV screen.

 

You annoyedly walked towards the kitchen, but unfortunately stepped on your gown and fell down on your palms, “Ack...!”

 

“You okay?!” Kris rushed to your side and stood you up.

“Yeah. Sorry and thanks,” you replied, embarrassed.

“Who told you to come wearing a stupid gown anyways?”

“Stupid gown?”

“Fine. A beautiful gown, happy?”

“Jerk!” you kicked his leg and stomped into the kitchen, pulling up your gown all the way to your knees. 

Kris sat down on the floor rubbing his shin, “What was that for?!!”

 

Before you could shout at him the doorbell rang, “Just freaking get that.”

 

---×---×---×---

 

“Your food ma’am,” Kris came into the kitchen holding out the four plastic bags.

“Just keep it somewhere for later,” you said soullessly and walked out of the kitchen.

 

Kris was confused. Why the sudden mood change?

 

He came and sat down beside you at the sofa. You were fidgeting with your smartphone. “You don’t wanna eat?” he asked.

“We should wait for the others. They are on their way,” you said playing a racing game.

“Don’t wanna talk anymore?”

“I’m sorry I came over unannounced,” you took your eyes off of the game and looked into his.

“It’s expected of you,” Kris smiled, making you smile too. “So now would you tell how you found my address?”

You sighed. “Fine. I asked your mom.”

“What?! You asked who?!”

“Your mom. You know I get along with her,” you shrugged your shoulders.

“Stop doing that!” 

You shrugged again earning an annoyed look from him which only added fun to the whole thing. He stiffend, “She didn’t say anything else, did she?”

You hesitated but shook your head sideways, “Mm-mm.”

“That‘s good,” he relaxed and slumped back on the sofa.

 

For about a minute you were lost in your own thoughts, thinking about what his mom had said over the phone yesterday when you said you were going to visit him. “Erm Kris...?” you said breaking the silence.

“What?” He had his eyes closed.

“Never mind.”

“Okay.”

You sighed.

 

After another ten minutes of silence with you staring at his sleeping face the doorbell rang. You were about to stand up when Kris suddenly stood up startling you. Turns out he wasn’t asleep. “I’ll get it,” he said and walked towards the door.

 

“W-what are you guys doing here?!” Kris exclaimed in surprise when he saw the 11 figures standing outside his door. 

 

You figured out who it was — your guests! You also went to the door to greet them.

 

Suho came up from behind, “To celebrate your birthday!” He raised the box of cake he was holding, “And ofcourse you two getting back together!” he grinned.

 

“What?!” Kris and you exclaimed at the same time.

 

“You guys are back together right...?” Suho asked uncomfortably.

“No, we aren’t... and we probably won’t ever either,” you said in a small voice.

“That isn’t all true,” Kris put his arms around your shoulder, “Well come on in.”

 

“What do you mean?” you looked up at his face while walking back to the living room.

“That you should cheer up!” he pinched your cheeks.

“Oww.” You rubbed your cheeks.

 

Kris let go of your shoulders. “Make yourself comfortable. I’ll bring out the food.” 

“You don’t have to tell us that, hyung. We feel comfortable already!” Chen grinned.

“Your house is our house, isn’t it?” Tao also grinned.

“Sure, sure. My house is everyone’s house,” Kris muttered walking towards the kitchen. 

“What did he say?” Xiumin asked.

“I don’t know,” you shrugged maintaining a straight face while you laughed inside with Kris' comment. 

“You could’ve atleast changed out of that after your fashion show. Were you that excited to see him?” Kai asked you.

Before you could say anything Chanyeol said, “Didn’t you notice her the whole time today? She was all smiles.”

Again before you could speak Baekhyun said, “Chanyeol-ah, what’s wrong with you?” Everyone looked at him, surprised to hear the teasing king Baekhyun taking your side but then he put on a silly grin and everything was clear, “She was like that ever since she got this project.”

“Yeah but she was busy then and had a serious face most of the time,” Chanyeol explained.

“Still she was lost in her dreams whenever she got a freetime!” Beakhyun insisted in his argument.

“Shut up you two! I was smiling because I was happy I got this opportunity.”

“Yeah, opportunity to meet Kris hyung,” Sehun stuck out his tongue teasing you.

“Better take that back you maknae!” you said gritting your teeth.

“He was only saying the truth,” Luhan defended Sehun.

“Oppa!” you whined. 

 

“If your stupid chitchat is over, care to give me a hand?” Kris walked with a jumbo bottle of cola on one hand and seven plates stacked on top of each other on the other supported by both his hands.

“Sorry. We thought you’d manage since you went in alone without asking anyone for help,” you said getting the plates from him and placing them on the table.

 

Most of the boys went inside the kitchen to help him while three stayed in the living room with you to help arrange. 

 

Lay took the cake out and put it on the centre of the table, then also stuck the candles in.

 

Kris had ordered kimbab, cold noodles and also beef-filled dumplings. “He really listens well,” you thought to yourself and giggled.

“Why are you laughing by yourself like a crazy person?” D.O asked.

“She really must be crazily excited to be here,” Lay said with a straight face.

“I can answer for myself you know!” you said, annoyed with them commenting before you.

“Then you’re not excited?” Lay asked.

“I-I didn’t say that,” you said scratching your cheeks in embarrassment.

“Look at her blush!” D.O laughed out loud.

“Stop teasing her you guys,” Xiumin scolded. You beamed at him. “On second thought, continue! It’s far more fun to see her flushed.” 

You pouted.

 

---×---×---×---

 

Everyone sat on the floor around the table. Lay rearranged the table so that the cake was now right in front of Kris.

 

“Since we’re in China, lets sing the birthday song in Chinese!” Sehun suggested.

“But I don’t know how to!” you complained.

“Then repeat after me!”

You, together with few other korean members looked at him with keen eyes, wanting to learn in one go. Sehun took a deep breath and opened his mouth but no sound came out. “Okay I forgot,” he laughed, embarrased.

Everyone who were trying to learn started complaining at Sehun.

“Luhan hyung,” Sehun sent an SOS to Luhan.

“You buy me lunch tomorrow?” Luhan proposed. 

“Zitao!” Sehun flipped his head from Luhan to Tao.

“Don‘t worry Sehun-ah. I’m not as greedy as Luhan hyung,” Tao had a proud grin on his face.

“Yeah right Tao-ya. You are so not greedy. Or stingy,” Chen said sarcastically.

“What is that supposed to mean?!” Tao demanded.

“Exactly what it means,” Chen teased.

“You picking a fight? I can easily kick your !” Tao challenged.

“Who are you kidding?! Bring it on!” Chen rolled up his sleeve, accepting his challenge.

“Shut it with your stupid yapping and just freaking teach them already Tao!” Kris bursted, his patience level almost reaching its limit. 

Tao glared one last time at Chen, who stuck out his tongue at him, and started, “It goes like this.” 

 

After learning it from Teacher Tao everyone started singing the birthday song, “zhù nî shèng rì kuài lè… zhù nî shèng rì kuài lè… zhù nî shèng rì kuài lè~ zhù nî shèng rì kuài lè”

 

Kris blew off the candles. When said to make a wish he said that he didn’t believe in those childish things. But everyone knew that the stupid cold city guy had secretly made a wish.

 

The cake was delicious! It was a strawberry and chocolate cake with vanilla cream topped with more fresh strawberries.

 

Everyone were now seated in the sofas and enjoying the takeouts.

 

“I’ve got my own present for you!” you said after all 11 of them had given their gifts to him. You took out a slip of 75%-off-of-everything-you-buy coupon from your clutch.

“For you!” you bowed down and raised the piece of paper with both your hands, like presenting it to the royalties.

“What’s this?” Kris asked taking it and then going on to read what was written on it.

“I was shopping the other day and found this. It expires in two months so make sure to go together with your mom before that,” you smiled radiantly.

“T-thanks.” It was clear from his tone that he was very touched.

“You’re welcome,” you smiled and turned to walk to your seat when Kris grabbed your hand. “What is it?” 

Kris looked at Kai who was sitting next to him. “Got it!” Kai said to Kris and went and sat down at your place.

“Thanks bro!” Kris said after Kai then pulled you next to him. “Thanks,” he said to you and interlocked your fingers.

“Kris...” you said confused of his actions. 

He let out of sheepish laugh and started a new conversation with the guys never once letting go of your hand the whole evening, unless he had to get up and get something but he’d come back and interlock it again.


Please subscribe if you like the stories and I'd love to read your comments so please leave them behind and earn karmas =D