Luhan: My Prom Night

Trash Can

[140913] 

MY PROM NIGHT

 

 

Music is playing, classical. Everyone is dancing with their dates, except our main girl - Junhee. She is just sitting by the tables looking at her best friend dance, smiling back when she smiles at her.

 

The thing is she didn't have a date for the prom. Nobody asked her out and the boy she wanted to ask out - he had a date already.

 

 

Two days ago at school during lunch...

Junhee was sitting at her usual table with a bottle of apple juice. Sipping on her juice, taking in her surroundings, which was filled with couples, suddenly her best friend came from behind and her hands on her neck, their face only inches away she had a wide grin.

"What's the occasion?" Junhee asked biting on the straw.

"Kai said yes!" Sooin literally screamed in her high pitched voice, clearly ecstatic.

"Yay for you!" Junhee said in a sarcastic tone. With that reaction she calmed down a little and sat down beside her as she continued, "What happened to you?"

"I lost," she replied, her voice sounding like she was almost gonna cry.

"In what? With whom?" she asked in concern.

Without saying anything else Junhee just turned her head to her right. Sooin followed her gaze and saw Luhan, the ace player in the school soccer team, sitting with Eunsu, the star actress in the school drama club. They were laughing and chatting with just the two of them together.

 

Eunsu then slowly moved her hand to place in on top of Luhan’s. And Luhan just looked at her and flashed his signature smile.

 

Junhee turned her head back to her table and dropped her head on the table in disappointment.

 

But Sooin was still looking at them. "Thats why I was telling you to ask him out since last week," she said not looking away from them.

 

Then Eunsu turned over Luhan’s hand and interlocked their fingers. But Luhan only gave her an awkward smile and didn't remove his hand.

 

"yah-yah-yah!" Sooin hit Junhee’s back and then came closer to her ears to whisper, "Luhan just glanced at you!"

"You don't have to try to cheer me up Sooin-ah. I'm alright," she whispered back, not raising her head.

"I'm saying for real! Just take a look!"

 

She looked at them but they were still talking and smiling at each other, fingers still interlocked.

 

"You are a nice friend," Junhee said again dropping her head on the table.

 

 

Back to the present time, at prom...

 

Junhee sighed and stood up to get herself a drink. She isn't much of a drinker so she just went for a glass of apple cider. She roamed her eyes at the dancers while the drink was being prepared, and there they were Luhan and Eunsu, her hands around his neck and his on her waist, completely absorbed in their ball dance. "Make it three please," she said to the bartender and he just nodded.

 

 

A week ago, shopping for the prom dress...

 

"Sooin-ah, what do you think about this one?" Junhee asked excitedly as she held a red coloured gown. It was simple in design, V necked opened to show little bit of the cleavage and long enough to even cover the heels.

 

Sooin looked at the dress for exactly two seconds before shaking her head sideways in a 'no'. Junhee just sighed and hung it back.

 

"Shouldn't we first be asking for dates before shopping?" Sooin asked in a sigh.

"Don't worry we'll get one," Junhee answered soullessly as she looked through dress after dress.

"And didn't you say you want to go with Luhan and Luhan only?" Sooin asked again, completely stopping her search for a perfect dress.

"Yeah. What about it?" Junhee answered still busy on her dress-hunt.

"What if he gets a date with some other girl?"

"Let’s think positive shall we?" Junhee glanced at Sooin for a second before continuing back on her hunt.

"I've been asking Kai for two weeks already and he is still rejecting me. While you, well you haven't even started!"

"Do you think Kai and Luhan are alike? He won't say no to anyone."

"Thats why I'm saying ask him before somebody else does!"

"Hey! How about this one?" Junhee held out another dress. It was magenta colored with a see-through back. It covered the front completely till the neck and had some sort of pattern drawn with magenta thread making it look a little rough while the skirt fell till your knees and had a few layers inside giving it some consistency.

"What am I gonna do with you?" she said as she shook her head sideways in defeat.

 

 

Back to the present time...

 

Those three drinks had already been drained to the last drop and Junhee next ordered watermelon and strawberry drink.

 

"Why is my life like this?" she asked to herself as her eyes searched for the Luhan couple.

 

The only reason she even came to this stupid prom when she didn't have a date was because she had already bought this dress. The magenta one.

 

"Here's your drink," the bartender placed it on the bar. She held onto the neck of the glass and stared into the liquid inside. Then she raised the glass upto your mouth and sighed. "I guess you're my only friend for tonight!" She took a sip.

"What about me?" a voice asked from behind her. And wow did that voice felt awfully familiar, she choked. "A-are you okay?" Luhan asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I'm--I'm okay," she said in between coughs.

"Can I have a seat?"

"Yeah. Yeah sure," the uneasiness from the choke had subsided away.

"So... where's your date?" he asked looking at her.

"I uh... I didn't have one," she replied avoiding his eyes.

"What? Really?!" he had a surprised tone to his voice.

"Yeah... so what about your date? Where is she?"

"You look really gorgeous today," he said instead as he slipped his hands to the inside pocket of his tux jacket.

"Thank you I guess?"

 

He took out a box and kneeled down infront of her. "W-what are you doing?" Junhee asked embarrassed when he did that.

He then opened the box to reveal a beautiful corsage of red roses, "Will you be my date?" he asked, his eyes literally twinkling. (maybe because of the lights or because of his naturally glowing nature of his eyes idk)

"Y-you already have a date," Junhee said, looking around praying that his date didn't see them.

"No I don't. I was waiting for you," he said sincerely.

"S-stand up! Stand up! People are staring at us," she said grabbing his shoulder and trying to pull him up.

"First let me put this on you."

Junhee flashed an awkward smile at the people looking at them. "Fine. Fine." She held forward her arm and he slid the corsage on her wrist.

"Thank you," he said and stood up.

She smiled once more at the audience present and sat back down on her seat. Luhan also sat back down.

"What were you thinking? What if your date saw you?" she shouted at him in a whisper (if that makes any sense), faces inches apart.

"I told you. I don't have a date," he spoke normally.

"Then what about Eunsu? Isn't she your date?"

"What?" he asked amused. "No. She is Lay's date. Look," he pointed at those two eating something (they were almost finished) at one of the tables.

"But," she had no idea what was happening. Then suddenly her trance was interrupted by Sooin hugging her from behind.

"Congrats girl," she said after pulling away. "I heard you got yourself a date!"

"Yeah but he was with Eunsu. We saw him," she still hadn't processed everything yet.

"You can just ask him that. Kai is waiting. Bye~" she went away.

 

Luhan was looking at her shocked expression while she was looking back and forth at Luhan and then at Lay and Eunsu. Finally Luhan thought of speaking up, "Eunsu is actually my cousin."

"What!?" she was even more shocked. "But... but you guys were holding hands..."

"She likes skinship. I can't help it," he shrugged his shoulders. You were still shocked but this time a confused look was also added to it.

 

"Are you gonna stare at me the whole night?" Luhan asked. Then suddenly the song changed into the orchestra ver. of Miracles in December. "May I have this dance with you?" he held out his hand for you. You were still like a statue, staring at him. "Should I have asked somebody else? Even xiumin would be a better date than you in this case," he pouted.

"What? Xiumin? Are you guys like... Really?"

"I'm glad you're back. Now shall we dance?" he motioned to his hand which was still held out.

 

Junhee smiled shyly and placed her hand on his, "I'd love to."

 

He pulled her to the dance floor. And they became the main lead, everyone following after them. It had been like the night of her life, well mostly since the first half had been boring solo night. But the best part was even yet to come.

 

At almost midnight it was time to announce the prom queen and the king.

 

"Guesses anyone?!" the MC shouted. Everyone was shouting names at the same time so it was pretty much impossible to make out whose name they were shouting. "Okay calm down everyone! I'm gonna read out the name!" he slowly opened the piece of paper keeping the suspense alive, almost taking up two whole minutes! "Ohoho! Its none other than! Our Luhan and Junhee!!”

 

The two were looking at each other in disbelief. "Come up on stage guys!" the MC annouced.

 

Junhee was still looking at Luhan her eyes wide with surprise. It was Luhan who grabbed her hand and led her to the stage.

 

He went up to the mic. "I never even imagined of being crowned as the prom king,” he started. “But now that I am I want to make an announcement guys! My prom queen!" He was actually anticipating you coming forth when he said 'prom queen' but since you were still frozen like a statue he went and pulled you front next to him. "My prom queen is a little slow in proccessing surprises” he said with a little chuckle and continued, “I just learned that today myself but I kinda found it charming so I'm really hoping right now that I won't have to be embarrased from whatever I'm gonna do next," he smiled at her and went off the stage leaving her all alone. Everyone was staring at her. She felt like she had to do something so she went upto the mic, "um.. Hi! And um... Thank you?" Phew Luhan came up on the stage again. "She's still processing," he took off the mic from the stand. He turned her towards him and kneeled down infront of her (again). He held a rose, red rose to her, "Will you go out with me?"

 

Her mind went on a complete shutdown. Did-did Luhan just propose to her?

 

"Please don't take much time to process this too. My hands will hurt," he looked at the audience.

 

Junhee blinked twice at Luhan when everything sunk in. "Oh My God! Yes! Yes Luhan! Yes I’ll go out with you!" She took the rose from him and hugged him so fast (almost in the speed of light) that they both fell on the stage. Luhan on his back and her on top of him. He was taken by surprise at first but then hugged her back and held her tight in that lying position surrounded by clapping and whistling above the sound of music.

 

And that's how everything changed in that one prom night.