Chapter 05

The Dusk and The Dawn~ (DROPPED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiiii,

See, I got a new poster ! A friend of mine made it. She only has MS paint. She admitted it's crappy but I wanted to give it a chance. It's better than nothing right?

This chapter is about progress.

Enjoy.

word count : 1664

and Oh this is pediatrician Dr. Lu Han. This picture is not mine, I didn't create it. The owner must have the full credit. The owner of this picture is LUHANLOVER.

Dr. Lu is darn handsome, I tell you ;)

 

Lu Han watches the pitter patter of the rain against his window. It’s a slight drizzle now comparing to the down pour last night. Lu Han sighs, snuggling under the blanket. He has a few legitimate minutes to doze off before the alarm goes off. He smiles as he remembers the days passed by with the wind but inching closer to Dr. Oh’s cold soul.

At first Lu Han found it curious to know what it likes to know Dr. Oh better.

But then he was eager to know Sehun better.

Lu Han’s mind runs back in time. All he did was starting light chats.

………

It started with Lu Han chirping on a beautiful morning with his famous bright smile.

“Good morning Dr. Oh !”

“Good morning Dr. Lu!”

“Busy day starting ha?”

“I could say that.”

“Hmm see ya later. Have a nice day Dr.Oh!”

“You too Dr. Lu”

It ended less hostile but cheerless because Oh Sehun was not used to Lu Han’s cheery persona yet.

 

 

Another scene unfolded in a busy afternoon between two hectic hours. Sehun wanted to refresh his mind with a coffee. He didn’t expect to see Lu Han there but he did. This time Lu Han waved like a teenage shy boy.

“Hi Dr. Sehun.”

“Hi Dr…Lu.”

“you like iced Americano?”

“yeah”

“Me too”

They sipped their coffee in a comfortable silence. Sehun was still contemplating about calling Dr. Lu by his name, Han. Nonetheless he pushed the thought away for the time being.

 

Next meeting was during a brief lunch break. Sehun always liked to have his meal alone. He didn’t bother to find a seat mate for lunch. It wasn’t like he could spend a lot of time anyway.

But when Lu Han appeared with his lunch tray Sehun was kind of glad to have some company for the first time during a meal.

“Dr.Sehun, can I sit here?”

“Sure”

Lu Han didn’t notice the judging look Sehun threw over his lunch, a cup of ramyen.

“Do you call this your lunch?”

“It’s food, so yeah.”

Lu Han slurped his noodle. Sehun shook his head, eating his bimbabmp.

“You are a doctor. You should know that you need to eat more than that.”

“I know but I have a surgery scheduled at 2.”

“That’s like an hour from now on. What’s the hurry?”

Lu Han swallowed a mouthful of noodles. Sehun’s scrunched up his face. Adorable- Lu Han wanted to laugh but he opted for a long answer.

“Children are different Dr. Sehun. I am to do this surgery on an eight year old girl who has an intestinal tumor. She is really scared of the surgery though we’ve gone through psychological help. It seems she needs more time but we can’t delay anymore. I need to help her to be brave.”

“She will be fine.”

“Yeah. I gotta go Dr. Sehun. See ya”

Lu Han could feel the air between them getting cleared. Sun was starting to peek above the clouds.

 

It was Lu Han who dropped all the formalities first in a hospital corridor, bumping on to the cardiothoracic surgeon. He was indeed in a hurry unlike Sehun.

“Oh, there you are Sehun. I bought an iced Americano just now but I’ve gotta run, emergency. So finish this up, kay? See ya.”

He didn’t see the amusement flickered in Sehun’s brown orbs. Sehun’s lips curled up slightly as his fingers wrapped around the coffee.

 

The day Sehun decided to call Lu Han, Dr. Han was indeed another hectic day for both. Sehun was going home but he found Lu Han running around in his white coat.

“Hello Dr. Han”

“Hello Sehun. Tired ?”

“Yeah very. Aren’t you?”

“A little.”

“Are you on night shift?”

“Yeah, sort of. A complicated surgery was done to a 4 year old at the evening. Need to monitor him throughout the night.”

“Assign an intern. Go home Dr. Han”

“I doubt I will sleep if I go home. It’s fine. I need to look after him.”

“Heaven has really blessed this hospital to have a doctor like you.”

“We are blessed to have yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter