Chapter 17- Updated 26/03/2016

The Dusk and The Dawn~ (DROPPED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my dear readers,

I sincerely apologize for my disappearance for a very long time. I haven't updated for almost an year. I am really sorry about that. So Life happened and Uni wasn't easy but good news is that I am about to graduate. Now I am almost over.

So This chapter, is the one you guys were all waiting for. It's shorter than what I used to post and I apologize that my writing style also is too different than before. I will try my best to correct those from my part.

So Thank you so much for being here, supporting me. Love you guys all a whole lot <3

 

Word count ~ 2845

 

 

17

Oh Sehun.

A man who has fingers speaking for the way he governs the world with a scalpel. His name has its power. His talent silently speaks volumes of the value the man simply carries. Oh Sehun is not just a surgeon, but a very rare kind of a doctor anyone will bow their heads to. The male’s existence is simply graceful; even it’s him just walking, everything about him seems so magical. There isn’t a day that goes by without colleagues praising his superb skills, co-workers marveling about his gifted hands, patients shedding tears for how grateful they are for their life savior.

Never once he appeared out of character. He might have become soft over the past few months; it isn’t a much of a secret that he is affectionate towards a certain doe eyed Pediatrician, if the way they look at each other was anything to go by; it is obvious as sun shining from east that Oh Sehun is so in love with the brightly smiling doctor Lu. But again, who wouldn’t?

Even he has become a little softie, especially bit less prideful, he is still Oh Sehun. He still gains the respect he deserves.

The man they have seen, composed and posture straight with pride, dark brown orbs shining in a gleam that screams of his brilliance, is not just another doctor in SM general but a man who is world renowned.

And Oh Sehun did not achieve that glory just by sitting somewhere, doing nothing.

And he is very determined to stay that way, especially in a very critical moment like this, where he can believe his hands, only his.

He shoots a sharp glance over Dr. Kim, the head of the surgical department, respect for the man is clear in Sehun’s gesture but he is born ready to defy no matter what, even if it will later bring him disciplinary affairs.

“Professor Kim, I can guarantee you that I am not emotionally compromised. If it was the case, I wouldn’t even come here. I do know what I speak of. And I do know that I am fit for my duties no matter what.”

Sehun’s voice is stern as always, as if he is not under any kind of an emotional trauma from what he just saw or heard or for the damages they have witnessed. He does not seem to be slightest bit of concerned of the possible outcomes, particularly worse, in future. His face is expressionless and hands solid, posture very calm and Doctor Kim is certain that he, himself, is contradicted too much of all the aspects. He shakes his head making an effort to explain the cardiothoracic surgeon about what he has not overlooked.

“Dr. Oh, I don’t doubt you or your skills. It is a matter of medical policies as you can say. You are not allowed to treat an immediate family member. This patient is personally involved with you. Once in the OR, your professional judgment can be affected because-”

“-of my emotional and clinical objectivity, I understand. Even you bring the medical policy, if you read into it, you will see in an emergency situation where another qualified person is not readily available, the policy can be revoked, standing on the ethical grounds as saving lives is our top priority. Dr. Wu is currently in a surgery and I am the next available candidate. I do not fancy the idea of delaying any second than this while I am aware of the condition he is in. Professor Kim, would you mind? Clock is ticking.”

Sehun cut the chief of surgery, very calmly, his dark browns never wavering. They were pouring determination with a tinge of moisture. But that saltiness will always be beneficial in encouraging Sehun in a great deal. Dr. Park nods his head in agreement, silently conversing with Professor Kim that it’s about time. The patient needs this surgery and this is an emergency. Laws be damned, they’ve got to save this life.

“He is right you know? We can’t take any more chances.”

He adds, checking his wrist watch. Sehun doesn’t move an inch, his resolve strong as ever, his gaze holding a silent competition for the battling minds.

“Professor Kim, please reconsider your decision. Though I am certain myself that I will do my very best and I will not be affected in any way to make a wrong judgment, for your reassurance, send Dr. Wu in when he is done, so he can supervise me. If you see me faltering or if he thinks that I am too much emotional to fit in, you or he will have every right to call me off and Dr. Wu can proceed.”

He says, every word making a promise, sincerity etched in every syllable. He does not wish to brandish a scalpel and take Professor Kim a hostage but Sehun is one step ahead and is not hesitating of doing that even it will be the end of his career. Rational part of his brain holds Sehun from being reckless and he trusts in his instinct. Sehun holds his chin up, mustering a very superior glance over the Professor, silently challenging him to over-rule him. He knows that Professor Kim does not have a legitimate excuse to deny him.

Sehun may be hiding how he truly feels, he may be an expert of steeling his nerves, banishing his emotions away and strengthening himself to stand up for the one who needs him and Doctor Kim Junmyeon feels the admiration for his fellow surgeon grows within him up to a very high level. Oh Sehun’s hazel eyes, for a second, discloses the worry he has for the other, the concern that churns his insides, the fear that tried to trample of losing the very person he values with his life but Sehun hides them all, all behind a veil of endurance and sheer fortitude.

Professor Kim’s eyes soften for all the effort Sehun puts with genuine feelings. They are raw and palpable, every moment his eyes fails to shadow the emotions that his soul is wringing with. He shakes his head with a very slight smile on his lips.

“I do not deem that is necessary.” He steps forward and pats the cardiothoracic surgeon’s shoulder. “Sehun, take care of him.”

A curt nod with determined eyes gives him the reply he needs.

 

Park Chanyeol is one of the excellent neurosurgeons within the land of Korea, a proud citizen who has a well-recognized career reputation, who has healed thousands, giving them the light back to their lives. Neurosurgery is rather difficult and surgeries do not come out as easy. They always have vulnerability involved within and unlike any other organ, brain holds a delicate nature to its complexity. Sustaining its essence after a considerable injury is particularly a very intricate task and one wrong move may incapacitate its functional abilities, and sometimes as far as to permanent paralysis of the whole body.

But Park Chanyeol knew what he was getting into, when he decided he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter