9

From the Past to the Present

'Dreams Come True.....Literally'


Yurin waited patiently in her room, hoping Myungsoo would come. Unknowingly, she fell asleep while waiting for him.


All was dark. Yurin was trying to find her way out of the darkness. She screamed Myungsoo's name, but no one answered. She screamed Howon's name,  but no one answered. She screamed Sunggyu's name, but no one answered. She screamed for Yoonjae, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and even Kaein, but there was no answer.

Tears were starting to form in her eyes. She felt lonely and abandoned. There was no light, nothing. Just plain darkness. She did not know how to get out of this endless darkness so she just kept walking.

As she walked, she screamed the names of everyone she knew. But there was no response.

Yurin walked further and further into the darkness. Then a voice, a very warm voice was calling for her name. She was trying to find the source of the sound.

She kept turning in circles like a puppy chasing it's tail.




"Yurin-ah, wake up." Myungsoo shook her shoulders. "I don't want you to catch a cold."

Yurin's tired eyes slowly opened, and Myungsoo's worried face greeted her. "Myungsoo?" She stretched her arms and got up. "I was waiting for you."

*She was waiting for me? I thought she would be mad at me.* "Oh?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Yurin bit her lip nervously.

"About what?"

"Well, Sunggyu and I met up and we had a little talk. I'm sorry I flipped out on you." Before Yurin could finish her speech, Myungsoo engulfed her into a hug.

"Sorry. I was a bad husband. I will try to be more understanding. I know it must be hard adjusting to a pregnancy. I'm truly sorry." Myungsoo hugged her tightly.

Yurin was shocked at his sudden actions and debated whether she should hug him back or not. Finally, he arms slowly made her way around Myungsoo's waist. 

Myungsoo felt Yurin hug her back and felt comforted and warm inside. "Kaja. Let's go sleep. You and the baby must be tired." Myungsoo lifted Yurin up bridal style and placed her gently on the bed. He pulled the covers on top of her and tucked her to bed. 

"Sleep well, Yurin." He kissed the top of her forehead and grabbed some spare pillows and blankets to spread on the floor.

"Myungsoo?" Yurin sat up from her sleeping position.

"Hmmm?" 

"Do you.....want to sleep with me tonight?" Yurin asked softly.

"Are you sure?"

Yurin nodded her head shyly. Almost immediately, Myungsoo hopped in bed with her. The two of them laid down like a real couple. Myungsoo's arms wrapped securely around Yurin's waist as she rested her head on his chest.

-----------------------

Everything was chaotic.

Noises and screamed were heard. Only one word described the scene Yurin is witnessing......pandemonium. Blood gushing from dead bodies. Weapons being stabbed into each other.

Yurin screamed for help as she saw a dead body being thrown her way. She tried to help the injured man, but nothing worked. Her hands penetrated the spear as she tried to grab a hold of it and pull it out.

Men were fighting fiercly on their horses and bombs were being launched at each other, making even more sounds.

Horns and cries of help were heard at this bloddy war. War. That was what struck Yurin. Could this be Howon's final battle??

She ran across the field to search for Howon, praying her hardest that he was okay. 

After what seemed like hours of searching, she finally saw a tall muscular man covered in armor on his horse, fighting the leader of the Huns, Attila. (A/N: Attila is really the leader of a barbarian tribe called the Huns, but I don't know if they actually attacked Korea. I know he attacked Europe and tried to seize roam, but Pope Leo somehow stopped him. So yeahh, a little history lesson that might help in the future?? Back to the story.)

Attila and Howon were fighting skillfully with their swords, but Attila was a wise and sneaky man. One of his acquaintances snuck behind Howon and his horse and managed to scare the horse, making Howon fall flat on his .

Howon was a fighter so he got back up and grabbed his bows and arrows, about to shoot the Hun leader and end this invasion, once and for all. Unfortunately, Attila and his men were more swift and attacked Howon, knocking the arrows out of his hand.

Attila took the arrows and shot Howon straight in the chest, fatality ending his life.

Yurin witnessed the entire murder and ran to Howon. She held him in her embrace with tearing eyes.

Even though no one could see her, Howon, for some strange reason can. With a pale face and smile, he her tear-stained cheek.  With his other hand, he drew a heart shape on her palm.

"Howon! No!! You can't do this to me! Why??" Yurin cried and held him close to her chest. Howon's eyes closely closed. 

She felt his vividly cold body against her.



Yurin woke up with beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. *That was the worst dream ever!* Myungsoo woke up too from the bright sun shining against his face.

"Yurin? Why are you up so early?" He croaked

"I-I couldn't sleep anymore." She lied with her heart still racing like crazy. "I'm going to go take a walk." She got out of bed before Myungsoo could say anything.

*That was a strange dream.*

She walked passed the garden and her good memories of her and Howon came rushing back. *This is what I should be thinking of.* She smiled.

Yurin walked around a bit more with happy thoughts once again, until she heard cries and sobs coming from a certain direction.

Curious, Yurin walked towards the crying sounds, to see her best friend Yoonjae sobbing on her knees. She was wearing white, funeral clothing along with other servants.

Yurin did not have a good feeling about this, but she was hoping her guts were wrong.

"Yoonjae-ah, what's wrong?" She asked her crying best friend and embraced her into a hug.

Yoonjae could not stop crying. Her voice was barely audible until a servant spoke up.

"Howon,Howon Sir, he-he died at war." The servant cried.

Yurin could not believe her ears. She felt her entire world turn black and white then shattering into a million pieces. *This can't be happening. I must be dreaming! He promised to come back!!*