8

From the Past to the Present

'Myungsoo's weird behavior'

Yurin returned to her room with a big smile on her face. She her stomach and frowned. *I'm sorry baby. It's for the best. The best for all of us. Please forgive Umma, okay? I hope you grow up well.*

Yurin waited a while before she slept since Myungsoo told her he would be with her that night to take good care of her.

Hours passed and there was no sign of Myungsoo. *I wonder where is he? Maybe he's tired from all the work. I should sleep first for the baby.*

-------------------

A few weeks passed and Myungsoo never bothered to see Yurin and the baby. 

Howon had to return back to the battlefield and promised Yurin he will be back in about a few months, just in time for her to give birth.

One day, Yurin was strolling in the garden, thinking about Howon. She heard some laughter and giggles so she went to check it out.

To her surprise, it was the girl Kaein who was with her the same day Howon returned flirting with Myungsoo.

Yurin thought about the days Myungsoo took care of her and accompanied her. And how happy he was when she was with child.

Anger and jealousy roamed in her body as she saw Kaein and Myungsoo shared a kiss. *So what he did for me......was it sincere or an act?*

Yurin did not understand why she was feeling angry. Maybe it was her imbalanced hormones?

Yurin could not bare to see the picture and walked away angrily from the scene. Myungsoo saw from the corner of his eyes how angry Yurin was. He wanted to chase after her and explain, but stopped when he realized what he saw the night Yurin and Howon kissed.

-------------

Tears ran down her cheeks as she sat near the pond and cried.

"Unnie." a handkerchief was held in front of her face. Yurin looked up to see Yoonjae smiling at her.

"Y-Yoonjae?" Yurin stuttered. She remembered Howon's words and hoped her best friend did not hate her at the moment.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Yoonjae sat next to  her.

Yurin nodded her head. 

"Don't lie, unnie. I know you too well."

"You don't hate me?" Yurin asked.

"Why would I? We're still best friends. and even the best of friends fight."

Yurin smiled. "Thank you."

"Now, Unnie. Tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know. That's the problem. I knew I always loved Howon, but for some reason when I saw Myungsoo with another woman, I just- I just - I don't know what I'm feeling." Yurin explained.

"Is it that uncomfy disgusting feeling called jealousy? "

Yurin nodded her head. "Maybe. I don't know. I never thought I had feelings for Myungsoo. I was grateful he took care of me really well, but I didn't think ....."

Yoonjae patted her shoulders. "Well, when Howon Oppa comes back. I'm pretty sure everything will be solved, right? You and Howon Oppa will live together that simple life you two always wanted."

Yurin nodded her head. "Thanks, Yoonjae-ah. I don't know what I will do without you."

----------------

"Yurin, Master. Emperor Kim wants to see you." A servant bowed.

Yurin nodded her head. "Okay. See you later, Yoonjae-ah." She waved her friend goodbye and followed the servant.

Yurin entered the main room with Kaein sitting on Myungsoo's lap. Bitterness was written all over Yurin's face as she witnessed Kaein feed Myungsoo grapes.

Myungsoo turned around to see Yurin standing there. His eyes widen at her sudden prescence and pushed Kaein off.

He walked to Yurin's side and helped her sit down. "Yurin-ah, why are you here?"

Yurin frowned. "Because you called me here. So did you call me here just so I can witness you and your other wife act all flirty and lovey dovey?"

"N-No. I didn't call you here." Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and gave Kaein a glare.

"Well, since you have nothing to say to me then, I'll be going." Yurin got up to leave, but Myungsoo tugged onto her arm. "Wait!"

"What?"

"Since you're already here, do you want to walk around?"

"Don't you have some buisiness to get back to?" Yurin's mood swings were kicking in.

"I always have time for my Queen and baby." Myungsoo hugged her from behind and  rubbed her stomach.

Yurin pushed Myungsoo away. "But she and the baby don't have time for you. Go back to your other wife and be all sweet with her." Yurin abruptly left the room. *What's wrong with me? WHy did I just flip out? Am I going crazy??*

Myungsoo was angry getting rejected and smashed everything on the table. "What's her problem??" Myungsoo yelled.

"Honey, don't be mad. You still have me." Kaein batted her eyelashes.

"Get away from me, !!" Myungsoo hissed. Kaein jumped in surprise and left the room.

"Woahh woahh, what happened??" Woohyun and Sungyeol came running in.

Myungsoo punched the table as it split in half. "Woahh chill macho man." Sungyeol went over to calm his friend/master down.

"What happened?" Woohyun asked.

"Probably something to do with Yurin." Sungyeol shook  his head.

"What does she want from me? I tried my best to win her heart, but nothing works! What can I do??" Myungsoo cried on Sungyeol's shoulder.

"Now now." Sungyeol patted his friend's head. "If you meant trying to win her heart as in spending time with that Kaein lady  that just left then you are one heck of a douche."

"I agree." Woohyun added. "Plus isn't she pregnant? With YOUR child? She's bound to be getting mood swings. Just give everything her way. She's going through a tough time too."

"A tough time as in kissing my close friend Howon?" Myungsoo mumbled.

"What!?" The two said in unison. *So the rumors are true??* Sungyeol looked at Woohyun who shrugged his shoulders.

"M-Maybe we should have told you this......." Woohyun started.

-------------------

Yurin kicked a few rocks in anger. *Why am I feeling so emotional lately?? I hate this!!!!* She pouted and sat down near the lake.



Yurin started to throw rocks with all her might into the waters. *Stupid Kim Myungsoo! I hate you!!* "I HATE YOU KIM MYUNGSOO!!!!! I HATE YOU! HATE YOU! HATE YOU!" Yurin yelled at the top of her lungs while throwing rocks into the lake.

"I see you have some problems with Myungsoo. You must be Kwon Yurin." 

Yurin looked up to see the source of the voice. "Who are you?" She asked. "Why do you look familiar?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Rinnie-ah, you don't remember Gyu Oppa??" Sunggyu smiled his adorable eye smile.

"Gyu Oppa?!?! You're back??" Yurin hopped up and almost slipped, but Sunggyu caught her in time. "Clumsy as always." 

Yurin chuckled. "Oppa! It's great to see you again!" She hugged him.

"Is my brother bullying you?" Sunggyu asked. Yurin sighed heavily.

"I'll take that as a yes? Stupid Kim Myungsoo. That boy was not raised properly." Sunggyu shook his head. "Want to tell Oppa what happened??"

Yurin sighed and told Sunggyu everything and every detail, including Howon and her mixed feelings for Myungsoo. Sunggyu was like a brother to Yurin and they told each other everything, but ever since that day he was kicked out of the kingdom, they were unable to contact each other.

"So...you love Howon, but was arranged to marry Myungsoo who loves you. And during the small period of your married life, you started to develope feelings for Myungsoo because of how sweet he was and how he took care of you. Now that you see Myungsoo with another girl, you feel jealous but at the same time you still love Howon a lot and plan to run away with him after the baby is born?" Sunggyu repeated.

Yurin nodded her head. "Oppa, I don't know what to do anymore. Please help me. You know me so well."

"I really don't know what to say, but knowing my brother for so long, I can tell you he's one of those people that does not know how to express himself. So I hope you understand if he acts as if he does not care then he acts like he cares. It's just him. He's just being Myungsoo. The Myungsoo that doesn't know how to show his love for you." Sunggyu patted her back.

Yurin nodded her head. "Araso."

"Go talk to him and see what happens. It's best to talk things out rather than keep them bottled right??" Sunggyu smiled.

"Neh. Thanks Oppa. Miyoung unnie is lucky to have a husband like you and Jungyu is lucky to have a father like you as a role model."

"Speaking of Jungyu.......he's about to wake up, and when he wakes up. He's gonna poo. Oh my, I better get going." Sunggyu got up and quickly ran back.

Yurin chuckled. *Oh Oppa, you changed. You're going to be a great father.*