5

From the Past to the Present

'I cannot forget you'

Yurin sat off to the side as she watched the wedding happen. Her so-called best friend and her first love getting married on the same day her legal husband, Myungsoo is marrying a second wife. Not that it mattered to her.

Howon looked at Yurin with sad eyes. He could not tell if she was sad that he was marrying Yoonjae or sad that she now has to share a husband with another woman.

------

After what seemed like hours, Yurin returned back to her room, skipping the rest of the celebration. She could not bare to see Howon's happy face and the bride he married was not her.

She sat down on her bed and cried for a while.

Before getting ready to go to bed, she heard a few noises outside and went to check it out.

*I heard Myungsoo's new wife's room is across from mine. I wonder what is she like. I hope she can give him happiness.*

She walked out of her room but to have a body stumble on top of her. Panicking, Yurin pushed the person away and gasped.

*Myungsoo???* Yurin picked him up and laid him on the bed. "Myungsoo-ah shouldn't you be with your new wife?"

Myungsoo rolled on the bed and sat himself up with an intense gaze in his eyes.

"Why? I don't love her. It's an arrange marriage." He shouted, startling Yurin. Realizing what he just done, he cupped her cheeks and sighed. "I'm sorry. Why did you agree to this? Why did you not say no?" He hiccupped.

"Because.....that way you can find someone you like and make a family."

"But I already have someone I like." Myungsoo mumbled.

"What?"

"I love you, Kwon Yurin. And only you. I always had and always will." Myungsoo crashed his lips on Yurin's and pinned her on the bed.

Yurin had no idea how to respond and kissed him back half-heartedly. Myungsoo pulled away and frowned. "But you don't love me." Teared ran down his cheeks as he sat back up again.

Yurin sat up and hugged his waist. "I'm sorry, Myungsoo-ah. I-"

"Can't you forget about him? He's already married!! Why can't you give me a chance?" Myungsoo avoided eye contacts as she tried to hold in his tears.

"Myungsoo.......Please give me some time." Yurin hugged him tighter. "Today is your wedding night, you should be with your new wife."

"Tch, why should I?" Myungsoo turned around and faced Yurin. "I want to be with you tonight."

"Myungsoo...." She looked into his lustful eyes, knowing what would happen later. "Please, I'm not ready." Yurin stuttered.

The drunken Myungsoo pushed Yurin back on the bed and roughly kissed her. Yurin struggled to get free but was unable to. Tears rolled down her eyes.

It was one of Yurin's worst nightmares.

----------

Meanwhile, Howon and Yoonjae were in their room sitting side by side, awkwardly.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess. I don't know what I was thinking." Howon confessed.

"I know you love her, a lot, but why didn't you tell her sooner?"

"Because......she loves Myungsoo. Did you see how sad she was today when he was marrying another girl?

Yoonjae smacked Howon's head. "yah! Are you stupid? Or is having muscles and being athletic your only talents? Yurin clearly loves you a lot. She never stopped talking about you. She never wanted to marry Myungsoo. Do you know how bad she wanted to be in my place at this very moment? She was sad about our marriage not Myungsoo's"

Howon sat on a chair with his face buried in his palms. "What should I do?"

"Tell her your feelings. You're going to war soon and won't see her for a while. The least you can do is let her know your feelings."

Howon nodded his head.

-------

Myungsoo's new wife was waiting for him at their new room. She was getting impatient and called for Woohyun.

"Nam Woohyun! Where is Myungsoo??" the girl asked impatiently.

"Oh, he's not here? Then I don't know where he his." Woohyun smirked. To be honest, Woohyun knew where exactly Myungsoo is and it was his idea for him to confess to Yurin.

"Now, Mistress, will you excuse me, I have many important matters to attend to." Woohyun bowed and left. *Cocky bish!* He scoffed at her secretly and left the room.

The girl who's name was Son Kaein decided to take a stroll and wait for Myungsoo. *Maybe he's just busy with some important matters.* When she passed by Yurin's room she head moans, and cries of pleasure. She stopped, knowing it was Yurin's room and took a peek inside through the window.

She saw Myungsoo on top of Yurin. Her fists turned into a ball as she angrily walked away. *It's our wedding night! Why would he spend so much time with that woman. I'm his wife too.*

-----------

The next morning, Yurin woke up in Myungsoo's embrace. She looked at his sleeping figure who looked so calm and angelic.

When she tried to get up, Myungsoo tightened his grip on her. "Don't leave......Yurin....I love you........please." He mumbled in his sleep.

She felt her eyes water up again. What Myungsoo did to her last night came flashing back.

*How could he?* She roughly pushed Myungsoo away and got dressed quickly, leaving Myungsoo still laying there sleeping.

She walked out the room at the same time as Kaein. Yurin gave her a small smile and greet her. Kaein glared at Yurin and scoffed at her, walking away.

Yurin ignored her rude actions and strolled around the garden. She breathed in the scent of the flowers and relaxed a bit.

She crossed a bridge and fed some ducks on the pond. As she watched the fishes swim across the pond and ducks fight for food, she head footsteps behind her.

She turned around to see Howon standing awkwardly next to her.

"Good morning." He said.

"Morning." Yurin replied.

The two looked down at the pond and watched the animals in a peaceful silence.

"So......how was yoour wedding night?" Yurin asked, breaking the silence.

"What? Oh, yeah....it was fine I guess."

Yurin and Howon soon found themselves walking side by side, in a peaceful conversation.

"How is it going with Myungsoo?"

Yurin stopped and looked away. "Umm....good I guess." *How am I suppose to tell you we had last night and i wasn't willing to either?*

Howon nodded his head. "Are you....happy?"

*No.* "Yeahh, I guess. Myungsoo is really sweet."

"Good. Listen, I think I have to go. Yoonjae does not know I came out this morning."

Yurin nodded her head and Howon left.

Off to the side, Kaein saw everything. Even though Yurin and Howon did not do anything besides talk, she was able to see that they love each other a lot. And to her, it was an advantage to replacing Yurin's spot in Myungsoo's heart.