2

From the Past to the Present

'Lee Howon, the General's Son'

Howon gave Yurin a frown from disapproval.

She looked at the ground, feeling guilty. Everytime Howon gives her that look (A/N: The one in the picture xD), she can feel her heart accelerating at a very fast rate, but also a rush of guilt from his disappointment.

"Come on! Your dad was looking all over for you. I didn't tell him you snuck out." Hoya grabbed her arm and dragged her back into the direction of the palace with Yoonjae trailing after the two .

"How did-"

"Come on now Kwon Yurin. I know your every move. We grew up together. I practically know you better than I know myself." Howon chuckled.

Yurin felt her cheeks burning. *He knows me so well.*

----------

When Yurin came out from her room, she saw Howon pacing back and forth nervously.

"Howon." She called.

Howon looked up from the ground and felt his heart beat quicker. *She never fails to look beautiful.*

"Do I look fine? Oppa?" She waved her hands in from of Howon.

He snapped out of his daze. "Y-Yeahh." he stuttered.

Yurin chuckled at his expression.

"Master, Scholar Kwon is here now and he requests to see his daughter and you." One of the servants told Howon.

Yurin gulped. *I hope Appa doesn't know about me sneaking out.*

Howon was able to read through her troubled and grabbed her hand, holding it tightly. "It's going to be okay." He assurred her.

The two, holding hands left the room to meet Yurin's father.

-----------

When they reached the meeting hall, they were surprised to see the king himself, and Howon's father along with Yurin's dad.

The two bowed and sent their wishes to the king before sitting down.

"So...." The king started. "Scholar Kwon, are you sure you agree to our discussion."

Yurin's father nodded. "I'm sure it would be best for her." He smiled. Yurin and Howon exchanged confused looks.

"It's about time they got married. They knew each other for such a long time."

Yurin and Howon suddenly felt embarrassed thinking the elders were talking about the two.

*Are we really getting married?* Both of them thought. *What does he/she think about this marriage. Will he/she agree?*

"Honey, do you think it's a good idea?" Yurin's dad asked making her snap out of her daze and started to pay attention to the three elders staring at her.

Yurin shyly nodded in agreement. Howon noticed and smiled secretly. He reached over to secretly hold her hand.

Yurin blushed at the contact and took a small glance at Howon.

-----------

Moments later, a servant came in announcing that Prince Myungsoo was outside waiting.

"Send him in. We have an announcement." Emperor Kim said with a big smile.

Myungsoo sent his wishes to the king and bowed out of respect. "Father, you wanted to see me?" He kept his poker face on.

He looked to his left to see Yurin. His heart started to race faster, but he saw his best friend, Howon next to her. Their smiles on his faces pierced his heart with pain.

He knew his love for Yurin was always one-sided, and he already knew how much Howon and Yurin love each other. Even though the three were best friends and did everything together, Howon and Yurin always had that special bond.

They knew each other better than they know themselves. Everytime he saw how they were alone, his heart ached. They had the strong chemistry a typical love couple would have. How Myungsoo wished this bond was with him.

------------

"Myungsoo, it's that time in a life where you need to find a wife." Emperor Kim started. "Sunggyu is already married now it's your turn, especially if you are going to be the heir of the throne. You need your queen."

Myungsoo's shoulders slumped and looked at Yurin who was looking a Howon.

*So what if I'm the Prince of Korea? I have all the wealth and everything I can possibly want, but I rather give all this up just for her to look at me. Even fi I marry, I won't love this girl. I can't give her something I gave to someone else.*

"Who am I marrying?" Myungsoo bluntly asked.

The Emperor's smile widen even more. "Yurin-sshi?"

"Hmmm?" Yurin returned back from her fantasies of having a cute family with Howon.

"Yurin-sshi just agreed to marrying you Myungsoo-ah." The Emperor beamed.

The trio froze in shock. *What?!* They all thought.