Tape Measurer

The Queer Love Story

"The SHINee boys were in the F(x) dorm again to hang out. Krystal had invited them over purposely to ask one of the members for a favor. While all the other members were having fun and chatting away, Krystal stood up from the floor.

"Taemin, can you come with me to go get some snacks?" Krystal asked slyly.

"O..okay." Taemin was confused but followed her to the kitchen. The other members didn't suspect anything.

When Taemin and Krystal entered the kitchen, Taemin looked around and saw no snacks to take to the members.

"Uh, Krystal...Where are the snacks?" He asked.

Krystal suddenly grabbed Taemin's shoulders desperately and pushed him against the wall. Taemin gaped wide-eyed at her and his muscles tensed up.

"Wh-what are you doing, Krystal!?" Taemin hissed.

Krystal leaned closer to his face. Shocked and nervous, he quickly turned his face away.

"Krystal, stop!" He whispered loudly.

"Taemin oppa, you don't understand. I really need your help." She whispered, staring intensely into his eyes.

"O-okay but let go of me." He said.

"O-oh! Sorry!" Krystal let go of him. "Oppa, you've got to help me. I told Minho oppa that I will buy both of our costumes...but I don't know his body size."

Taemin exhaled a breath of relief.

"Can't you just get him a medium sized suit?" He asked.

"No, oppa. I have to tailor the costume to his perfect size. We have to look good at the Halloween Party because people will be taking pictures of us, and it's our first secret public scene together as a couple! Everything has to be perfect but I can't ask him to come with me because...because I can't!" Krystal said in a rushed, desperate voice.

"Are you nervous to ask him? What's the matter?" He asked gently.

"I think...I think..." Krystal couldn't look him in the eye. "I think I'm actually falling in love with him. But I can't let him know that, because I don't think he likes me as much as I like him."

Taemin chuckled. "Don't be ridiculous. He's the one who asked you out, remember?"

"Yes, but I ruined the date by dropping his favorite jacket into the ocean and I got him really mad. And now he's probably only being nice to me because I bought him a car and made a deal with him that he has to treat me like a princess from now on...until I say so." Krystal explained.

Taemin took a moment to process her logic, and then nodded.

"Okay, so what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"I just need you to...get his body measurements." Krystal opened a drawer and took out a tape measurer. "With this."

Taemin stared at the tape measurer blankly.

"You want me to measure his body?" He asked with a raised brow. 

"Please, please, please, please, pleeeaaassseee!?" Krystal begged.

"Okay, fine...When do you need this by?" Taemin asked defeatedly.

"As soon as possible?" Krystal said in a squeaky aegyo (cute) voice. "Please?"

Taemin sighed. "Okay fine. Give me that." He snatched the tape measurer and put it in his pocket. "I'll try to get it to you tomorrow morning."

"YES! Thank you!" Krystal hugged Taemin tightly and Taemin rolled his eyes jokingly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was getting late so Minho and the SHINee members decided to leave to their dorm.

"We have to get up early for a performance at Music Bank tomorrow, so we will be leaving now." Onew said.

"Awww don't leave!" Sulli said, her arms stretched out to the members. "I'm not sleepy yet!"

"Sulli, we have to sleep early today too. We have a recording to do, remember?" Victoria said in a stern voice. Sulli pouted but nodded. "Good girl." Victoria said, patting Sulli's head.

The boys said their goodbyes and got up to leave. They headed to the door and put their shoes on.

"Bye, Krystal." Minho said briefly. 

"B-bye." Krystal cleared and looked at him weirdly.

Minho wondered why she was being weird, but was tired so he didn't question her. The boys left the dorm and took the elevator to their own dorm.

"Oh, Taemin what were you and Krystal talking about in the kitchen?" Jonghyun asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, uh...why? Did you hear something?" Taemin asked, fidgeting his hands.

"No, it's just that you guys said you were going to get snacks but came back empty handed. So we assumed you guys were talking about something in private." Key said.

"Ohhh," Taemin laughed in relief. "It was nothing. We looked for snacks in the refridgerator but couldn't find anything! She said she thought they had something to eat, but there wasn't."

"Oh..." Jonghyun looked at him suspiciously. "Okay."

They got off the elevator and went to their dorm. They quickly washed up and went to bed. Minho finished washing up in the bathroom last and was on his way to his room when Taemin blocked his way.

"Uh, Minho, can I sleep in your bedroom tonight?" Taemin asked nervously.

"What? Why?" Minho blushed involuntarily.

"No reason, I just thought, you know...Key hyung snores a lot so I asked Jonghyun hyung to switch places with me today." He said quickly.

"W-why don't you sleep with Onew hyung? He has a room all to himself." Minho said.

"Well, his room is too small." Taemin laughed slightly. "So, can I sleep with you tonight? Just for today, I promise."

Minho scratched his head. "I guess you can."

"Thanks." Taemin smiled uncomfortably.

The two of them awkwardly walked into Minho's room. Minho sat on the bottom bunk and Taemin climbed up to the top bunk.

"Good night." Minho said as he turned off the lamp on the drawer.

"Good night." Taemin replied.

Minho was so tired that as soon as his head hit the pillow, his heavy eyelids closed and he felt himself drift off to sleep. His body felt light and...his eyes...were...closing and...he...

                                                                                                                                                           

He felt something pressing against his chest. Am I dreaming? He thought as he continued to lay still with his eyes closed. Now it felt like someone was hugging him. He crinkled his face as he opened his left eye. He couldn't see anything in the dark, but he definitely felt someone hugging him. Now he opened both of his eyes and moved to turn on the lamp. Suddenly, the person backed up. Minho quickly the lights.

"Taemin???" Minho screamed at Taemin who was hovering over Minho's bed.

Both of their faces grew dark red like a cherry. Taemin opened his mouth to speak but he couldn't form any words because he didn't know what to tell him.

"T-Taemin...Were you hugging m-me just now?" Minho stuttered. He put his hand over his heart to calm it down.

"Uh, n-no," Taemin scratched his head nervously. "I just...uh...I thought I dropped a sock on your bed, so I was looking for it."

"You were looking for it...by hugging me?" Minho frowned.

"N-no, you know what, let's just forget about this. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that at all. Hyung, go to sleep, I'll turn off the lamp." Taemin said.

"O-okay..." Minho turned to the wall, his back facing Taemin. He closed his eyes and waited for the lights to turn off, but it didn't. Instead, he heard Taemin writing something. Minho turned around. Taemin flinched and dropped his pen.

"What are you writing?" Minho asked.

"It's nothing." Taemin laughed weakly. "I just thought of something I need to remind myself of for tomorrow. So I'm jotting it down before I forget."

"Okay." Minho said. By this point, he was too tired to even care. 

Taemin finished writing on his paper and put it in his pajama pocket and turned off the light. Minho waited to hear the shuffling noises as Taemin climbed back up to his bed. Minho relaxed only after he heard Taemin move around his bed to get comfortable. Both of them drifted off to sleep shortly after that.