Getting Ready

The Queer Love Story

"Krystal's POV

"Rise and shine, ice princess." Victoria drew the curtains back and let the sun glare into Krystal's sleepy eyes. Krystal groaned and yawned.

"Krystalllll...Are you awake?" Krystal blinked her eyes open. "AH! Sulli, what are you doing?!" She jumped up when she saw Sulli hovering over her on the bed.

"What am I doing? Don't act so surprised! We are all trying to wake you up so we can help you get ready for your date!" Sulli almost screamed. 

Date? Oh yeah... My first date with Minho oppa, Krystal glumly remembered. Minho and Krystal have been texting back and forth for about a month now after that crazy day with the kissing and the confessing...and now they finally decided on a date to go out on. At ten in the morning, he was supposed to pick her up from the F(x) apartment wearing sunglasses and a hat to hide their identity. Then, they were planning to go to a calm beach nearby, somewhere the papparazzi won't be sneaking around.

"What time is it?" Krystal asked.

"Time for you to get a watch!" Amber exclaimed and laughed at her own joke. When she realized nobody was laughing with her, she shook her head in disappointment. "I live with people who don't have a sense of humor."

"It is nine o'clock, and it is time for you to start getting ready." Luna said. "Come on, we will help you."

Victoria and Sulli grabbed Krystal's arms and dragged her to the bathroom.

"I don't want to get ready...I'm sure Minho oppa is fine seeing me like this." Krystal whined.

All the members ignored her.

"Sulli, you wash her face while I hold her hair back. She has to look absolutely stunning for their first date!" Victoria said as she bunched up Krystal's hair into a ponytail.

Sulli the faucet and ran her hand under it.

"I'll get her clothes ready!" Luna yelled from the bedroom.

Sulli grabbed the soap and rubbed her hands in it until white bubbles gathered. She then lifted her hands to Krystal's face and started rubbing. That immediately woke Krystal up.

"Uh, maybe I should wash my own face." She quickly said, grabbing the soap.

"No, Krystal. We are best friends and I am going to help you get ready." Sulli grabbed the soap out of her hands and put it back to its place.

"Wait, uh..." Krystal said.

Sulli gently rubbed her fingertips against Krystal's cheekbones and her eyebrows with her soap-soaked fingers. Krystal's face grew red and she began to panic silently. What if she finds out I'm nervous right now? And if she does, what will I tell her? I don't even know what this feeling is, so how am I going to explain to her about it!?

She closed her eyes and ignored all her complicated thoughts. Maybe if I close my eyes and imagine happy unicorns trotting across a happy rainbow field, I will stop being so nervous. 

                                                                         ♥  ♥  ♥

Minho's POV

Minho looked at himself in the mirror with intense eyes. He had shaving cream on the bottom half of his face. Although he doesn't usually grow much facial hair, he wanted to show his manly side to s this morning by shaving before the first date with Krystal. He brought the razor up to his jaw and start shaving. Key looked over Minho's shoulder to the mirror that was reflecting them.

"My little Minho is finally growing up." He laughed.

"Shut up, Kibum." Minho retorted.

"Whoa, is he shaving?" Jonghyun followed Key inside the bathroom.

"What's so surprising about that?" Minho glared at him through his reflection on the mirror.

"Nothing, just...Your face is like a baby. You don't even grow any facial hair!" Jonghyun said. Key and Jonghyun cackled with laughter.

Minho the water and splashed water on them. They screamed like a bunch of school girls and ran away to the living room. Minho finished up shaving and washing his face, and his skin was as soft as a baby. Maybe Jonghyun was right. Since he doesn't have much facial hair, he looked like a baby. Maybe I should not shave and grow a y beard. Would it look y on me? He laughed at his own reflection and left the bathroom.

"Hey..."

Minho turned his head around to see Taemin standing awkwardly next to their bunk bed. Taemin gently kicked a wrapped box towards Minho.

"Oh, hey...What is that?" Minho asked, trying his best to sound casual.

"It's a late birthday present. I was going to give it to you at your birthday party, but...you seemed busy with Krystal." He said shrugging.

"Oh...Can I open it?" He grabbed the box from the floor and ripped off the wrapping. He almost dropped the box when he saw what was inside it. "This is a soccer ball signed by my favorite soccer team coach!"

"Yeah," Taemin shrugged casually. "I was wondering what to get you and...I know that you like soccer, so yeah."

"Taemin, this is the best present anyone could ever give me! Thank you!" Minho immediately moved to hug him. He stopped mid way, thinking it might get awkward, but he threw away that thought and pulled him into a big hug out of joy.

"What about Krystal's present? Don't you like her present the best?"

"Come on, Taemin, she bought me a vanilla scented candle. Have you ever seen me wanting one or using one?" Minho said.

"That's true." Taemin smiled. "I'm glad you like it. I hoped it would take the awkwardness away after the 2min thing."

Minho smiled back at him, but say nothing because now, he didn't even want to go on that date with Krystal.