First Date

The Queer Love Story

Minho's POV

Krystal opened the door to the passenger seat and climbed in next to Minho. She looked around for papparazzi, then took off her sunglasses and hat. She gave him a smile and a short, "Hi."

"Hey. You ready?" Minho asked, not really anticipating for her answer. She nodded and sighed while looking out the window, and he silently thanked her because he didn't want to make small talk with her.

Minho started up the engine of his cheap Honda car and started driving towards the beach. It was mid-fallat this time so the beach was practically empty. It was the perfect place for a date between two famous idols. After Minho turned a couple of corners and drove through a highway, they entered the scenery of the ocean. He stole a glance at Krystal and she was looking out the window with bored eyes. He was not surprised nor was he worried, because he wasn't planning on making this date fun. He turned right and drove into the beach parking lot which was empty except for three cars along the side. He parked his car closest to the ocean and cut the engine.

"We're here. You wanna go outside?" He asked robotically.

"Sure." Krystal opened the door first and climbed out of the car. Minho followed her out and felt the cold breeze against his skin.

"Let's go sit on the rocks." He said and led the way to the big boulder rocks outlining the ocean. He climbed the rocks first, then helped Krystal steady her feet on a big rock. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I can do this." She lifted her right foot and reached for the next rock, which she missed. "AHH!"

He catched her before she fell into the raging waters.

"Sure you can do this. You act so strong all the time, but you're so weak." Minho shook his head and helped her up on the big rock to sit on. She pushed him away and he almost toppled off, but she grabbed his arms before that happened.

"I'm sorry. Oh, my gosh, you almost fell." She said with widened eyes. Minho glared at her and sat down. "Actually, I'm not sorry. Why should I be sorry? You insulted me first. I should have just let you fall into the ocean and drown to death."

"Shut up. I shouldn't have caught you when you missed your step." Minho shot back.

"Ugh." She turned her eyes to the big blue ocean in front of them. "Why are we here anyways? It's so cold and boring."

Minho looked at her with a face of discomfort. She shivered and rubbed her bare arms.

"That's your fault. Who told you to wear a sundress in the middle of fall? Idiot."

"I'm not the idiot! Luna unnie told me to wear it. Don't be such a jerk and put your jacket over me." 

"What!?" Minho laughed out loud and clutched his black jacket. "I'm not going to give you my jacket. It's not my fault you listened to Luna like an idiot."

Minho waited for a snappy comeback from her, but it did not come. Krystal shivered and fixed her eyes on the ocean again. Minho shook his head in annoyance and tore his  jacket off of his body. Immediately, the cold air pierced his skin.

"Here." He handed her his jacket. She took it from him with a smile. Minho watched her try to aim her arm inside the jacket carelessly when...when...

Krystal's POV

"AHHHH!"

Oh my gosh...

Krystal stared at the piece of black color that was flying over the waters and slapped her hand to her glossy mouth. She watched the jacket land on the surface of the water about half a mile away from them, and her heart slowly sank with it. She looked at Minho and opened to apologize but nothing came out. He didn't even look at her. His eyes were fixed upon the place in the ocean where his jacket was last seen.

"My..." He whispered. "My favorite jacket."

"Sorry." Krystal finally croaked.

"My favorite jacket. My favorite jacket." He repeated, his eyes welling up with tears.

"I didn't know that was your favorite jacket." Krystal slowly said, not knowing what else to say.

He didn't say anything either. What does he expect me to do? Jump in the water to save that piece of fabric? I don't think so.

"MY JACKET!" He abruptly turned his body towards Krystal and yelled. She jumped in her seat. "Are you really stupid!? You can't put on a jacket properly and let my FAVORITE JACKET fly away???"

"I said I'm sorry!" Krystal exploded. She understood why he was so mad, because she would be mad too in a reverse situation, but there was nothing she can do about it now. "I'll buy you a new one, okay?"

"I got that from CALVIN KLEIN! MY ONLY BRAND NAME CLOTHING AND YOU THREW IT IN THE OCEAN!?!?!?"

"I didn't throw it, it flew away! I said I'll buy you a new one."

"I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY ON ME AND YOU LET FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS--MYYYYYY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS--FLY AWAY FROM YOU INTO THE OCEAN! THAT JACKET THAT I LOVED SO DEARLY IS IN ITS WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN, AND ANY MINUTE NOW, IT WILL BE CRAPPED ON A BUNCH OF FISH OR EATEN BY A WHALE!"

"You bought a four thousand dollar leather jacket!? And you wore it to the beach?" Krystal looked at him in disbelief.

Before she can say more, he roughly grabbed her arm. She could feel his big hand squeezing her skinny arm and halting her blood circulation. She yelped in pain.

"Let go of me!" She shrieked, but he ignored her. He carried her down the rocks and onto the sand and dropped her there. Then he grabbed her arm again and yanked her towards a direction. Krystal thought of screaming again, but Minho looked too angry to deal with her whining. His eyes were intense and focused like he was about to murder someone or something on the spot. The wind pierced and numbed their face, but that didn't stop Minho. Right when she felt like her arm was going to fall off, he stopped and threw her on the ground somewhere. She fell hard on the cement and groaned. She blinked her eyes open and looked around. Gift shop. They were at the gift shop.

"You threw away my four thousand dollar jacket. You are going to pay for it." He said it with such rage that Krystal could see his head veins popping out.

"Okay. How?" Krystal asked.

He started walking around the gift shop.

"Welcome to Fishy Fishy Gift House! Ha-ha-ha!" Said the gift shop owner, who was a kind-looking old asian man. Minho ignored him. Krystal apologetically smiled at the owner.

Minho walked through the store, looking for something--anything that catched his eye. He picked up a Hawaiian girl bobblehead and threw it to Krystal. She looked back at him puzzled, but he continued the act of picking up an object and throwing it to her until her hands are absolutely full. She then walked over to the counter and dumped all the items in front of the old man owner.

"Uh...I think I am buying all of this. How much is this?" She asked uncertainly.

"It is..." The owner man with a heavy accent checked all the prices. "Twelve dollars."

"UGHHH!" Minho groaned. "It's not enough, it's not enough. It doesn't pay for my jacket! I feel so...unjustified, this isn't fair!"

Krystal roll her eyes at him.

"I'll buy all of this. Sorry for his craziness." She apologized while Minho paced back and forth. She gave the owner a twenty dollar bill and got out her phone. She dialed a few numbers and put the phone to her ear. "Hello? Hi, is this the car dealership? (pause) Yes, I would like to buy the newest and best KIA model you have in stock right now, I will go check the condition and pick it up in about two or three days. My credit card number is 938-475-3839 and it is under my name, Soojung Jung. (pause) Yes, I'm his daughter. Okay, thank you, bye."

"What are you doing? What did you...Did...Did you just buy a car?" Minho stared at her in disbelief.

"It's for you. Is that enough to pay for your jacket?" She smirked at him and raised her brow. "You really underestimate me too much. After this date, you will take me to your dorm and wash my cuts clean and put medicine on them, alright? You dragging me across the beach really wasn't the best idea."

He didn't say anything and just stared at her. She laughed and shook her head.

"You really didn't know what you were getting yourself into when you kissed me that day, you know that?"

She ignored his dumbfounded face expression and handed him the bag of crap he chose to randomly make her buy.

"Take it. And take me home."

He nodded and took the bag slowly with his shaking hands.

Krystal still wasn't sure about Minho as a boyfriend, but...she was starting to really enjoy this.