Cigarette

The Queer Love Story

Minho lied down on the cold wooden floor and stared at the ceiling. He watched s rehearsing from the floor.

"Come on, Minho, get up. We're not done practicing." Onew said, nudging Minho with his shoe. Minho groaned.

"We've been practicing for six hours straight. Let me just rest a little bit." Minho said.

Taemin stood over Minho and handed him a bottled water.

"Here, drink. And let me help you up. You can sit on the chair." Taemin said and held out his hand. Minho grabbed the water but didn't take his hand. Minho got up by himself. 

Things were getting less awkward between them, but Minho didn't want to take any chances.

"I'm going to go outside for some fresh air. I'll be back in a few minutes." Minho said and left the studio room.

He went down the elevator to the lobby and went outside the building. The cold breeze embraced his skin. He sat on a bench in front of the building and took out a cigarette and put it between his lips. He looked for a lighter in his pockets, but he had forgotten it.

"."

Then someone grabbed the cigarette out of his lips and threw it on the dirty ground. Minho looked up. It was Krystal. An intense feeling of annoyance filled his body.

"What the hell are you doing? That was my last cigarette." Minho snared.

"Oppa, smoking is bad for you. It's bad for your health, AND for your breath. No wonder your breath stinks all the time." Krystal said.

Minho picked up the dirty cigarette and tried to dust it off.

"That's gross." Krystal said. 

The cold breeze blew against his skin again and he shivered. He felt Krystal put a blanket over his shoulders. He stared at her strangely as she sat down next to him. He saw that her teeth was chattering too. He groaned in his mind, but put half the blanket around Krystal's shoulders so they were sharing the warmth. He felt her body warmth against his arm. 

"So are you going to smoke that?" Krystal looked at him. He took a glance at his dirty cigarette, and a glance at Krystal. Their faces were only a few centimeters away from each other and he could feel her warm breath on his neck. He put the cigarette in his pocket.

"No, you're too close to me. I don't want to damage your lungs like mine." Minho said. "I'll smoke it later when I'm alone."

They looked out at the empty streets quietly for a few minutes. Then Krystal said, "I want you to stop smoking. I'm worried about you."

Minho let out a chuckle. "You worry about me?"

"Of course I worry about you. Not only because I'm your girlfriend now but I've always cared for you as a friend. Just like I care about my members and your members." Krystal said.

"I thought you want me to stop smoking just because my breath stinks." Minho said jokingly.

"Well, yeah, that too." Krystal laughed.

"Why? Because you're afraid I'm going to kiss you again? Come here, you brat." Minho laughed as he grabbed her face and leaned in. Krystal laughed and screamed and pushed him away. They both sat there cackling with laughter. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kiss you right now."

Krystal paused. "I'm not complaining about that, but why? We haven't kissed since that first day we agreed to date. And I refuse to believe that you're that much of a gentleman."

Minho jokingly glared at her. "I am a gentleman." Krystal giggled and rolled her eyes. "Anyways, Krystal...let's not talk about kissing anymore. We have to talk about your fantasy dates you want me to take you on."

"My fantasy dates?" Krystal snorted. "You're really going to go with me?"

"Yes, I'll take you in my new car." Minho laughed. "And honestly, I'm very curious and intrigued by what your fantasy dates may be. They're probably all silly or cliche."

Krystal scoffed. "No they are not! You know, I've always wanted to try dating secretly. I didn't think it would be with you, but I can still make it work." She grinned. "The first fantasy date on my list is to go to the Halloween Party together as a couple."

Minho raised a brow. "How do you expect us to go as a couple if we are dating secretly?"

"You really have no imagination." Krystal teased. "We go as a group with each of our group members, but we 'coincidentally' match Halloween costumes. Like Snow White and Prince Charming. Or Jane and Tarzan. Or doctor and a nurse."

"Or ketchup and mustard." Minho burst out laughing at his own joke.

"Ugh." Krystal glared and slapped Minho on his bare arm. "Okay, what about cowboy and Indian?"

"What about zombies?" Minho asked. 

"Ugh...Okay last and final choice. What about we go as the ghost bride and groom?" Krystal suggested.

Minho thought for a moment before saying, "Okay fine, that sounds okay."

Another cold wind pierced through the air and Krystal shivered.

"Okay, let's go back inside now. I'll get you a hot coffee." Minho said as he wrapped around her blanket around Krystal's shoulders and got up from the bench. Krystal followed Minho inside the lobby.

When they went inside, Sulli was on the other side. Just as Minho and Krystal were about to greet her, they stopped when they saw Sulli on the phone, talking to someone in hushed tones. When Sulli noticed the two of them, she immediately said "Bye, I've gotta go," into the phone and hung up.

"Who was that?" Krystal asked.

"It's no one. It's...my mom. She was just calling to ask if I've eaten yet. That's all, no big deal." Sulli said quickly.

"Okay...well we are going to get some coffee. Want some?" Minho offered. 

"No, it's okay. But when did you guys come down here? Shouldn't you both be rehearsing upstairs right now?" Sulli asked.

"Minho oppa and I actually met down here coincidentally. I just came down here to take a fresh air and Minho oppa was sitting outside on the bench so I sat with him. But Sulli, you look cold. Here, take the blanket." Krystal gave the blanket to Sulli.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal wasn't sure why Sulli was acting suspicious, but decided not to dwell on it. They were best friends so Sulli wouldn't keep any secrets from her...right?

"No, keep it. I'm going to go upstairs." Sulli handed the blanket back and left the two of them alone again.

Krystal and Minho went over to the coffee vending machine and put quarters in the slot.

"I want a hot hazelnut latte." Krystal said.

"Okay, and I'm going to get...a hot americano." Minho said.

They got their drinks and headed toward the elevator. 

"So Halloween is coming up in only a couple of weeks. We should go buy our costumes soon." Minho said.

"Online shopping, duh. I'll buy your costume and give it to you in a few days and we will try it out together before the party." Krystal said matter-of-factly.

They went inside the elevator. As they went up, they drank their warm drinks and enjoyed each other's company. Krystal thought, I think this is the first time we haven't argued since the day we started dating...