caramel macchiato (part two)

kwon soonyoung must die

Maybe Seungcheol hadn't punched Soonyoung, but the blond-haired boy couldn't help but think that a fist on his face would've been way less painful than the ache on his chest at the moment. 

Because Jihoon was laughing– and though said action would normally make the blond swoon over the older, smile and raise his eyebrows in disbelief (because, honestly, how could someone look so good– no, how could someone be so goddamned attractive?) Jihoon was laughing like Soonyoung hadn't ever heard before, and that made Soonyoung's insides warm but his fists clench when he realizes said sound hadn't been caused by him.

But by someone else– Choi Seungcheol.

Soonyoung sighs for the umpteenth time in the day, he rolls his eyes and huffs as he thinks about how much harder he could make the pink-haired boy laugh... more than Choi Seungcheol, anyways

The blond clears his throat, gaining the attention of the 3 boys in front of him for the first time ever since Jihoon arrived to their table– and yes, Soonyoung is feeling annoyed, but he brushes his emotions off for a moment and smiles at them. 

''Shouldn't we be ordering right now? Or... you know, studying?'' Soonyoung feels awkward speaking– Jihoon's smile suddenly turns into a grimace, and it reminds the blond about his brother's face when he told him their parents were the ones who put the gifts under their christmas tree. 

Soonyoung smiles again– tighter this time, and raises his eyebrows in fake curiosity.

...

The blond doesn't know what to do when he realizes no one is going to speak any time soon; it hasn't passed a lot of time minutes since he talked but he can't help but feel uncomfortable with 3 pair of eyes on him. 

''I said I was going to treat you, Jihoon,'' Soonyoung specifies, he stumbles on the older's name, but he doesn't care as he hears Seungcheol laugh.

''Didn't I?''

And Soonyoung feels bad; he really (kind of) does, but every hint of regret he had on him leaves his body as he sees Jihoon frown in an adorable fashion; and nod even though he still seems confused about whatever-that-was-going-on at the moment.

(Soonyoung didn't know, either.)

He doesn't have time to think about it, though, because when he's about to do so, Seungcheol clears his throat and stands up from his seat.

''I guess I should order something too...?'' 

It doesn't take a lot of time for Soonyoung to nod in agreement; it was time he left him alone with Jihoon!

''Hansol, you want an iced americano, right?''

Hansol only nods with his head, and Seungcheol nods back and looks around awkwardly; hands on his pockets as he slowly turns around to walk towards the cash register.

Soonyoung smiles triumphantly way too early, his cheeks almost hurt from doing it– but said smile leaves as soon as it arrived.

He can't help but mumble a few words nobody would really like to hear under his breath.

Because as soon as Seungcheol leaves, Jihoon whispers a soft ''I'll go with you'' and stands up as well; leaving the blond with nobody else but the quiet curly-haired kid Seungcheol had brought over.

The blond huffs, looking around and then in front of him when he hears not-so-subtle giggles close to him.

Hansol was laughing at him; with no shame at all and raised eyebrows, a knowing smirk on his lips that was making fun of him.

Soonyoung really isn't in the mood to deal with kids at the moment.

''What?'' 

He sighs, and Hansol only laughs again, ''It's nothing.''

Soonyoung has to roll his eyes, sigh again and look at the heavy-looking book on their table.

''I'm going to order as well,'' He mumbles, ''And I'm taking this with me.'' Soonyoung says, taking the book to walk towards the cash register a few minutes later.

Knowing the coffee shop completely doesn't stop the blond from looking around in curiosity– the pastel-colored walls, the posters on them, and that stupid picture someone took of them a few (not really) years ago. Now, although Soonyoung normally complains about the picture hanging on the wall, he can't help but look at it with tender eyes; realize how much he's change along his other friends, how ing much Kim Mingyu grew up after that and how Wonwoo clung on to the younger since day one.

How ed up they were now.

Soonyoung giggles and looks to his right side, only to find Seungcheol and Jihoon looking at the pastries together.

The view makes Soonyoung feel strange things and wonder strange thoughts– were they going to share a cake together? They were laughing, but what was so funny about pastries for Jihoon to laugh like that?

Soonyoung rolls his eyes, and rings the bell on the table a few times more than necessary, clenching the book on his arms tightly.

''I'm coming!'' A loud sing-song voice Soonyoung would recognize anywhere says.

The blond watches the cashier as he puts his apron on, and how his shoulders drop when he sees him.

''Oh, it's only you...'' 

''What do you mean it's only me, Kim Mingyu?'' Soonyoung huffs, annoyance visible on his face as he drops the book in the table..

Mingyu sighs way too loud.

''Nothing, Soonyoung,'' The brunette rolls his eyes, and the sudden action makes Soonyoung soften his features, ''Why are you so pissy, though?''

Soonyoung smiles, ''Why are you asking me that when you look like you don't want to be in Busan right now... or ever?''

''Did... something happen?'' He asks, softer this time, and Mingyu can't do anything but sigh once again; he shakes his head slowly, and looks at the floor with, what Soonyoung guessed and was guilt on his face.

The blond can't help but think the latter looked... ashamed?

Mingyu smiles back, but doesn't look at Soonyoung in the eye.

''I... might've forgotten to talk to Wonwoo after the game ended...?'' He says, and Soonyoung rolls his eyes.

He didn't forgot– how could he? Soonyoung knew Mingyu was just as excited as Wonwoo to talk again, to clear things out and make up, Kim Mingyu couldn't have possibly forgotten about his best friend.

Soonyoung wonders why he didn't talk to Wonwoo, though, but decides to not push the issue any further and only nods, he knows Mingyu is expecting some kind of response from him.

He sighs.

''One more chance, Mingyu.''

The brunette raises his head, confused and about to ask what the hell Soonyoung was saying before the latter interrupts him.

''You have one more chance before you up completely.''

Mingyu knows it.

''Anyways, get me some coffee, okay?'' Soonyoung clears his throat and smiles again, ''You owe me.''

''W-

''The party, Mingyu, the party.''

''Ohhh, I see,'' Mingyu smirks, scanning the room with his eyes, ''Your boy toy is here, isn't he? He's adorable– Minhyun asked me about him the other day...''

Soonyoung frowns.

''What the hell? Mingyu I am serious

Mingyu raises his eyebrows skeptically but nods nonetheless.

''Is he that good?''

''Kim Mingyu!'' Soonyoung exclaims, raising the book from the table to hit Mingyu repeatedly with it– nothing out of normal.

He can't understand completely what Mingyu is saying between the hits, but the blond is sure it has something to do with stoping and how sorry he is.

''S...Soonyoung! Stop! Duuude!'' The brunette whines, and shakes his head when Soonyoung stops.

Soonyoung raises an eyebrow.

''The coffee, Mingyu,'' He says, ''Please.''

Mingyu only rolls his eyes, ''The same as always?''

''Surprise me.'' The blond smiles, and Mingyu can't help but smile back at him.

❀ ❀ ❀

''Caramel machiatto?'' 

''You can't never go wrong with it, Soonyoung.'' Mingyu shrugs, ''I bet he likes sweet things,'' he says, pointing at the strawberry cake in the plate.

Soonyoung nods with a smile, agreeing.

''Because he is sweet?''

''... Ew? No.'' 

Soonyoung only smiled wider, biting his bottom lip as he thought about Jihoon. He could feel Mingyu's gaze on him but he couldn't care at the moment– he never cared about it, actually.

''So... you're serious about this?''

''Huh?''

Mingyu rolled his eyes, ''You know, about the boy.''

Was he serious about this? About them?

Was it really possible for somebody to fall in love so quickly?

Soonyoung smiled.

''Yes, I think I am.''

Just a few days– hours...

Mingyu pursed his lips, ''Okay. Just– you know, don't rush things up–

''Like I always do?'' 

The brunette nodded, ''Yeah.''

''Okay.''

Don't rush things up.

Not again

''Soonyoung, do you need help?''

Soonyoung raises his head to look at Lee Jihoon; at his eyes and his mouth, that turned into a small smile as soon as Soonyoung looked at him.

There he was, so simple... yet so breathtaking and perfect for him.

Soonyoung smiles back at him and nods.

''Please.''

Not again.


I don't know what I am writing anymore, lmao T_T I really miss my laptop... ugh these chapters still feel like fillers.. I swear something interesting is going to happen soon + the introduction of more characters!! Thank you all for your sweet coments, for subscribing and voting up, if I haven't replied is because u guys always surprise me and I really don't have words atm hehe. TBH.