expectation

kwon soonyoung must die

Jihoon sighed with exasperation as he walked towards the school’s basketball court. As he held on his hot dog tightly and tried to prevent his drink from falling on his shirt, he wondered how it was possible that his life had turned into this upside down mess in just a matter of two weeks.

It is not that Jihoon hadn’t expected a change – with the whole changing-of-school thing Jihoon had been sure something had to change, not a lot; maybe he’d start listening to reggae and smoking weed, or dressing like all those nameless guys he always saw in the halls (cargo shorts and long socks paired up with sandals) but… never to this extent.

Jihoon couldn’t decide if what had happened to his life was funny or rather… sad, because now that the pink-haired boy thought of it, trying to gain someone’s heart to then shatter it to pieces because he had been cheating on their 3 boyfriends at the same time didn’t sound as normal as he used to think before.

Jihoon hadn’t really been thinking straight in the past 2 weeks or so, anyways – if he was honest.

Leaving Seungkwan’s house after the latter’s breakdown had been more difficult than Jihoon would like to admit – because although Jihoon had seen the brunette to the verge of tears, with clenched fists and trembling shoulders already (and felt like while doing it) he couldn’t help but feel a tightening on his chest every time Seungkwan’s sobs got louder and his breath stuttered into his chest. It wasn’t an exaggeration to say that, as the pink-haired boy caressed the other’s hair, he couldn’t do anything but think about the ways he could break Kwon Soonyoung’s heart.

He didn’t even care for Seungkwan… thinking about shattering someone’s heart wasn’t just something Jihoon would not do normally, but also something that, as he knew, was awful to do, painful to watch…

Strange as hell!

Jihoon had hesitated about it when Seungkwan’s breathing got softer, though – asking him if the whole ‘Destroy Kwon Soonyoung’ thing was still… well, a thing; and if he wanted to keep doing it.

Seungkwan, of course, raised a funny eyebrow (Jihoon wouldn’t had been surprised if the brunette laughed right in front of his face in that moment) and gasped when he realized it was getting late for Soonyoung’s game.

Because the first place on Seungkwan’s Favorite Things List wasn’t bickering, or talking loudly or annoying Lee Jihoon; it was revenge.

The brunette had then whined about Jihoon for coming over to his house instead of getting ready for his first ‘’date’’ with his ex-boyfriend, and Jihoon had rolled his eyes, but knew that the younger was actually grateful about the fact he had done that.

Long story short, Seungkwan ended up styling him once again – he dressed him up nicely and straightened his hair, too, and once he was ready to impress Kwon Soonyoung, the brunette practically kicked Jihoon out of his house (not without wishing him luck first, though).

Jihoon, being, well, Jihoon, had complained, knocked on the door and frowned once Seungkwan’s face was in front of him once again, but the brunette only smiled softly at him (it creeped Jihoon out, but for most of the part, he felt grateful) and gave him a neon-colored poster.

‘’Seokmin wanted to give you this, I forgot.’’

Jihoon had frowned again, and was about to complain when he felt the door closing in front of him.

Obviously he had thrown that ridiculously cheesy poster away.

Jihoon half-heartedly smiled as he thought again about it, and found himself being surprised when he spotted Seokmin in the over-crowded bleachers.

‘’Jihoon, here!’’ Seokmin yelled loudly, gaining the attention of most part of the crowd.

Jihoon faked a smile, and awkwardly made his way to where Seokmin was.

The latter boy was still waving his hands when Jihoon arrived and sat next to him, and smiled smugly as he analyzed the pink-haired boy.

‘’Seungkwan didn’t give you the poster, did he?’’ He asked, shaking his head in disapproval.

‘’That’s why I brought more! Here– hold this, Jihoon!’’

Jihoon gasped when he saw a yellow poster with the words ‘’Go, Soonyoung!’’ written over it in his hands – not because of the stupid message on it but because of the sparkly hearts that surrounded it. Seokmin didn’t seem to get it, but Jihoon was not going to show that poster to the whole school.

… Or maybe he was, you know, Seokmin could be scary when he wanted to.

❀ ❀ ❀

‘’Hold it higheeer, Jihoon!’’  Seokmin yelled at him, the crowd was cheering too loud to speak in a decent volume (not that Seokmin ever did it) and clenched his fist in the air with his eyes in the sky.

‘’Show me your spirit… you’re a part of the team now– no you’re a lion!’’ Seokmin continued, ‘’I want you to roar!’’

‘’Go Mingyu! Oh my God– Mingyu!’’

Seokmin frowned, puffing out his chest and shaking his head, disappointed.

‘’He’s so stupid.’’

Jihoon didn’t know how many minutes had happened since he had been staring at the other, but to say he was surprised was an understatement. Standing frozen on his seat, he frowned and threw a judgmental look to the person next to him, but jumped a little when Seokmin raised his eyebrows in annoyance.

A scary Seokmin wasn’t a good Seokmin.

‘’I… thought you didn’t like basketball?’’

Seokmin threw the pink-haired boy a toothy smile, and shook his head.

‘’I really don’t. I just get excited really easily.’’ Seokmin said, and turned his gaze to the game once again, yelling about some Minki guy being the best.

‘’I can see…’’ Jihoon mumbled, and smiled when he saw Soonyoung holding the ball.

Jihoon wasn’t a big fan of basketball either, but he had to admit there was something on Soonyoung’s eyes when he was on the court that made him gasp with expectation about his next move. There was a passionate, serious look on Soonyoung’s gaze when he stood there, waiting for the perfect moment to shoot. Jihoon was sure he took everyone’s breath away when he jumped just slightly to do it, and their hearts falter when he frowned in disappointment when the ball didn’t get in.

 The pink-haired only gulped, though, but he kept on cheering the blond leader – it wasn’t until Soonyoung pointed at him that he realized he had been holding Seokmin’s stupid poster all night, and blushed in embarrassment when he saw Soonyoung smile widely.

 It was strange but Jihoon hadn’t really paid attention to the captain until, well… that moment – it was the first time in the whole night Jihoon put his eyes on Soonyoung and genuinely looked at him; the times he was holding the ball didn’t count, since they happened way too fast for him to realize things about the latter.

About how his blond hair was sticking to his forehead and how goddamned happy he looked for the mere fact of being on the basketball court.

Jihoon smiled back at Soonyoung but looked to another direction quickly. Feelings were overwhelming and guilt had never felt good on the pink-haired boy.

A few hours ago he was willing to destroy the other, but now as he looked at him…

Jihoon looked to his feet, and then to the right – he didn’t care about Kwon Soonyoung.

Why was he making such a big deal right now?

Jihoon let out a shaky breath, and raised his eyebrows in wonder when he found Wonwoo awkwardly standing in front of him.

Oh?

‘’Wonwoo…? Hi?’’ Jihoon greeted him hesitantly, smiling slightly at the boy in front of him.

Wonwoo smiled back at him – teeth and gums showing fully.

‘’Hey,’’ Wonwoo greeted back, ‘’D’you mind if I sit here?’’ The black-haired boy pointed to the lonely seat on his right, and Jihoon shook his head.

‘’Not at all,’’ Jihoon said, smiling more widely this time and moving more to his left to leave more space for him.

Wonwoo seemed genuinely happy for the first time ever, and the pink-haired boy found himself feeling gigglier thanks to him.

‘’You like basketball?’’

Wonwoo smiled again, but bit his lip to prevent it from going wider – as if he was a little kid keeping a secret from someone else.

‘’I guess,’’ He said, shrugging and looking at the court with an excited look in his eyes, ‘’I mean, not as much as Lee Seokmin here, but… you’ll kinda see me here every time a game happens from now on.’’

Jihoon raised his eyebrows, ‘’Ah, really?’’

Wonwoo nodded, smiling just like he had done it before.

‘’Really.’’

Jihoon smiled back at him – dying from curiosity inside but not being able to ask since cheers soon erupted from everywhere.

‘’Mingyu, you can do it! God– Gyu!’’ Wonwoo exclaimed, clenching his fists and standing up so he was able to see what was going on.

Jihoon found himself staring at Wonwoo instead.

‘’Mingyu! Come on, score that point!’’ Wonwoo continued on cheering, raising his hands up in the air as the player number 4 (which Jihoon guessed by now and was Mingyu) scored a point and a beeping sound made clear the game was over.

Jihoon smiled when Wonwoo did it, and watched with curiosity as the latter let out a sigh and grinned at the floor.

The pink-haired was once again interrupted from speaking when Wonwoo lifted up from his seat and left without a word. Jihoon frowned and turned his body to Seokmin, who knowingly smiled at him.

It that it always seemed like everyone knew something that he didn’t.

‘’Don’t you have something to do, Jihoonie?’’ Seokmin asked, his stupid smile still playing on his stupid lips.

Jihoon raised a confused eyebrow, but frowned when his classmate subtly pointed his finger to the surrounded captain.

He had almost forgotten what he was there for.

With slow and small steps, the 18-year-old boy walked towards the blond, and smiled when Soonyoung turned his head to see him.

Once again, the blond left a person speaking alone as he cut the distance between them, and smiled excitedly as he did so.

He has that incredibly stupid smile on his face again; the one that makes his eyes almost disappear and his gums show. Said smile lights up his face and make his eyes shine, and Jihoon hates himself for not being able to say he absolutely dislikes it.

The pink-haired boy soon felt awkward for the lack of conversation, and decides to give him a pat on the shoulder to congratulate him – because that was totally not awkward, right?

And obviously it was less awkward to receive a hug from Soonyoung instead.

Jihoon stood frozen in Soonyoung’s arms for a moment before patting his back strangely – not sure if the blond had mistaken his actions or had just simply wanted to hug him.

Jihoon wasn’t a big fan of affection – let alone when it came from a person he disliked… it wasn’t only the fact he felt small in Soonyoung’s arms, or that the other’s warm skin was on his’ but…

‘’You are sweaty.’’ Jihoon mumbled into Soonyoung’s shoulders.

‘’What? Oh– sorry,’’ Soonyoung said, removing his arms from Jihoon’s shoulders.

Jihoon’s eyes widened, ‘’I mean– like, yeah…’’ The pink-haired stuttered, giggling awkwardly before looking at the floor.

‘’Uh… you liked the game?’’

‘’Yes!’’ He instantly replied, and locked his gaze on the floor as he realized he might have sounded too eager. ‘’I – you know, it was really cool.’’

Soonyoung only let out a small laugh, and looked at Jihoon in a way the latter couldn’t describe.

‘’Thank you for coming.’’

Jihoon brushes it off.

‘’Oh, it’s nothing! I liked it more than I expected to, actually.’’ He said, smiling widely as he remember Soonyoung’s fierce gaze a few minutes ago.

Soonyoung smiled proudly.

‘’By the way! Uh…’’

‘’I was wondering if you, you know– well you know how there’s always a celebration party after the game if the team wins?

‘’Like… Minhyun is doing one in his house and I… I don’t know, I was thinking that maybe you’d like to go?’’

‘’With me, I mean.’’ Soonyoung finished off, expectant as he stared into Jihoon’s eyes. Jihoon couldn’t believe how embarrassed he felt with Soonyoung looking at him like that– raised eyebrows and soft smiles.

Jihoon frowned, hesitant, but found himself unable to say no as he thought about Seungkwan and… well, Soonyoung.

‘’Yeah, that’d be great.’’ He said, biting his tongue as soon as he said so.

It wouldn’t be great– actually it would be awful… Jihoon normally hated parties and he was sure this one was not going to be the exception.

He hated the stupid red glasses and the stupid people drinking themselves into oblivion.

He hated parties, but he couldn’t do anything but say yes.

It’s all for Seungkwan, he thought.

For Seungkwan.


So... I know this chapter really but I just wanted to upload something before it was too late, you know? ;; Some of these sentences really don't make a lot of sense but it is because it's kind of late in my country and stuff so yeah :) I'll edit it as soon as I can, though.

I have to apologize to you guys because I haven't been as active as i would have liked to be with this story, but school and moving from my old house to another and losing my laptop charger after I lost this freaking chapter really made it difficult for me to update this story... From now on the chapters will be better, I guess (I HOPE, lmao). You'll find out soon why Wonwoo is so happy, and what will happen with Jihoon at the party :-)

I'll try to update daily before exams start!

(Aaand by the way: thank you for the votes and the comments n just being awesome readers in general!)