TWO

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't realize I was staring until he met my gaze and locked it. I jumped a little, quickly taking my eyes off of him.

The heat was rising in my cheeks and I decided it was time for a little time out. I went to the ladies' restroom, set the glass I was still carrying on the counter and took a look at myself in the mirror. Since my cheeks were still blushed, I raised my hands and pressed my cool fingers against them. After some moments, I re-applied my lipstick and glared at my champagne.

That stuff was getting to your head quite fast. As I was about to leave the restroom, two women came in and I overheard a part of their conversation.

“...can't believe he's still single.”

“Right? But I heard that he's a player. Another woman every night.”

“I wouldn't mind” one of them shrugged and giggled.

I sighed to myself. I didn't get how you could be so dumb and spend a night with a guy you knew would treat you like trash afterwards.

I stepped out into the hall and almost ran past Junmyeon, who had been leaning against the wall, obviously waiting for me.

“How are you?” he asked, putting one hand at my back and led me back into the ball room. “Are you having fun?”

I sighed and made a vague gesture with my hand.

“You know how uncomfortable I am at partys” I said and he chuckled.

“I know. And I'm sorry. I just really wanted you to meet everyone.”

I sighed once again, turned to him and kissed his cheek. “I know. Thank you.” A smile immediately brightened up his face and he pulled me into a side hug.

In the following 30  minutes or so, I was offered several drinks by my brother's friends. I soon found myself slightly dizzy and I had to admit that I was already tipsy. We had good talks, but soon, I excused myself.

I knew I was finally having some fun, but I didn't like the feeling of being drunk. I ordered a glass of water at the bar and took the opportunity to get some fresh air. Taking the few steps down to the stone balcony, I admired the lovely view in front of me. The fairy lights really let the garden appear like some sort of enchanted place.

I leaned against the railing and pressed the ice cold glass to my face.

“Ah, that feels nice...” I sighed and closed my eyes for a second.

In the background, I could hear the muffled music from inside and in front of me were only the chirping sounds of the crickets in the grass. My body calmed down, but now I started to feel how chilly it has gotten. But I didn't care. It was so peaceful that I closed my eyes again. In the blackness of my mind, I was haunted by the eyes that had met mine just a while ago.

Those beautiful, dark, and mysterious eyes.

I winced when suddenly the doors opened and the music blasted through the quiet night. I stood a bit to the side, not directly where people would see me when they entered the balcony, so I got a glimpse at the person who has disrupted my peacefulness.

He was male, and when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter