TEN

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car ride to his apartment was rather silent. But it wasn't awkward. When he stopped at a traffic light or stop sign, we would exchange a smile, and I would blush. I had my elbow propped on the window and started out into the night, watching the city fly by in a blur.

After a twenty-minute car ride, he turned left and entered an underground parking lot. He swiftly parked his car next to a brand new Audi, which I eyed in excitement. What a nice car, I thought to myself.

Jiyong pulled out his key and grinned at me.

“Do you like it?” he asked and pointed at the black car. I nodded and his grin got even wider.

”I actually just bought it yesterday.” I scoffed and nudged his arm lightly.

“You show-off!”

He started chuckling, opened his door and slid out of the car. He jogged around the back of his car, opened mine and gestured me to exit it with a motion of his hand.

The apartment complex he lived in was rather luxury. The floor was marvel and the elevator doors were made out of expensive wood. While waiting for it to arrive, he bumped his shoulder against mine, his lips tucked in between his teeth as he suppressed a smile.

I brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes and inspected the tips of my shoes, trying to hide my flushed cheeks from him.

The ringing sound of the elevator arriving broke the silence. The doors slid open and a hoard of people – probably a bunch of folks heading out for a club, since they already reeked of alcohol – exited the elevator cab. A man in his late thirties, who looked already pretty done, walked right in my direction, showing no sign of dodging me.

Suddenly, I was pulled to the side as Jiyong's hand s around my waist. I found myself pressed up to his side, the scent of his cologne filling my nose and blurring my senses.

“Rude” he mumbled, his mouth too close to my ear.

The feeling of his breath on my skin left me breathless.

After the people passed us, he gently shove me into the elevator, his hand still lightly resting on my waist. He pushed the button of the highest floor. The doors closed, and with the last slid disappearing in between them, the tension immediately heightened.

I s out of his touch, smiling shyly as I leaned against the wall. I was thankful for the metal's coolness. My breath went briskly and I didn't dare to look up, afraid that his eyes were scanning me already.

The elevator stopped, and I was thankful for the additional space I got as we stepped out into the dark hallway. Jiyong grabbed my wrist, leading me towards his front door without turning the lights on. I heard the tinkling of his key chain and soon, the door opened with a click and I got pulled inside.

As the lights illuminated his apartment, I was baffled. Knowing he was a workaholic, I assumed the interior of his apartment would be very spartanic, but it was actually quite the opposite. Though the colors were cold – a lot of whites and greys – it was decorated modernly. The huge sofa in the living room looked so comfortable; at least 20 pillows were spread across it.

He pointed at a shelf as he finally let go of my arm.

“Why don't you choose a movie and make yourself comfortable while I go and change myself?” he asked, and I nodded wordlessly.

His fingers traced across my shoulders as he backed away and left into the hall. I found myself lingering in the same place for at least five minutes before I could move. I bit my bottom lip and inspected the room more closely.

The shelf, he had pointed at, was packed with a lot of DVDs and Blu-Rays – even some video tapes. In a display cabinet were some framed photographs, as well as trophies from his school years and his graduation diploma. He had majored in music and business.

I took a second roaming the pictures with my eyes. There were some with his family when he was younger, some with his friends as he went to school. A photograph packed with people showed his graduation and the one next to it was the opening of his company – the logo of GD Entertainment decorated with a lot of balloons, and Jiyong smashing a bottle of champagne at the house front. Looking more closely, I could even make out my brother.

I started smiling to myself and turned around to dedicate on choosing a movie.

Just as I looked up, I saw a pair of feet entering the room.

Jiyong had changed into black sweatpants with silver zippers at the pockets. Without noticing, I gulped hard as I saw that he was only just pulling the loose, white shirt over his head, revealing a few more tattoos he had on his torso. His hair clung damply to his forehead and a cloud of body spray entered along with him.

It smelled fantastic.

As he slowly wandered over to me, a sly grin formed on his lips.

“You better close your mouth, or else flies will come in” he joked, putting his index finger under my chin and pushed it up, closing my mouth.

“I, uh...” I stuttered, clearly flustered that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter