FOUR

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Ye Eun had prepared many traditional Korean side dishes for lunch. The time while eating the delicious food, we spent chit chatting.

Our guest told us a little bit of his Entertainment Company and that he planned on revolutionizing the Korean music industry.

As the time passed by, I caught myself glaring at this certain Jiyong every so often. Something about him seemed more than familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He seemed like a smart business man, maybe a little bit too satisfied with himself, and as far as I knew about my family's business, he was trying to get a credit from my brother.

After we finished dinner, the two men withdrew into my brother's office and I decided to go to my room. I texted my friend Hye, but she was on a date with a boy she met a few weeks ago.

I sighed, throwing my phone on my bed, watching it bounce off and land on the floor. Giving out a frustrated sound, I ripped open the door to my walk-in closet and dug for some gym shorts and a top. I was going to go running.

Before I left, I grabbed my iPod and headphones, told Ye Eun where I was going in case Junmyeon would ask, and headed out the front door. I put the headphones on and scrolled through my playlists, playing one with a lot of heavy rock music on it. Lightly jogging off of our property, I eyed the white Bentley that stood in front of the house.

With a sigh, I rolled my shoulders back a few times before taking off running.

I hated how crowded the city was. I had to squeeze myself through a whole bunch of people until I reached the park I always visited when going for a run. Since the weather was nice, it was a whole lot more people than there usually were.

I recognized a few people from school and waved nicely, but on the inside, I dreaded meeting people from school when I was outside of this jail. After half an hour, I made a stop and laid down on the grass, propping my hands behind me.

Closing my eyes against the bright sunlight, I inhaled deeply. As soon as I started hearing my speeding pulse in my ears, I saw his eyes behind my closed eyelids. I couldn't help but smile, and immediately felt like the stupidest fool for smiling sheepishly like that in public. It was almost embarrassing.

After a few minutes, I struggled back to my feet, stretched my arms, legs and torso and let out a long yawn. I restarted my playlist and took off back home. When I arrived, I was sweaty from head to toe, and I was pretty sure if I'd wring out my clothes, there would be a huge puddle at my feet.

My chest was rising and sinking heavily as I unlocked the front door and I felt like laying on the cool tiles. Instead, I dragged myself upwards to my room. I kicked my door shut behind me and was just about to pull my drained shirt over my head – my fingers already at the hem of it -, when I noticed someone standing in the middle of the room.

“Yah!” I unleashed and instantly clasped one hand over my mouth.

In front of me stood Jiyong, his eyes fixed on me, but he immediately faced the floor as he saw me staring back at him.

“I'm sorry” he said, not sounding flustered at all. “

What....what are you doing in my room?” I asked, sounding a little too informal for not knowing him.

Only now I noticed an object he was holding in his hand. Following my gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter