FIVE

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the whole car ride, I didn't know what to say.

Every now and then I would open my mouth as if to say something, but ended up just closing it again. This situation was really awkward. After a while, I just accepted my fate of being stuck in a car with one of the most handsome men I have ever seen, driving somewhere and getting no explanation of what was going on. Instead, I went straight to staring at him.

Very openly and very shamelessly.

His hair looked messy, yet very stylish. Once again, I admired his sharp side profile and the smile that was always playing around his lips, wearing it like some sort of distinct accessory. The first button of his shirt was open and I just watched his chest rise and fall steadily.

His white shirt was a little see through, and you saw something black shimmer through it on his right shoulder. A tattoo?, I thought to myself. While concentrating on the traffic, he chewed on his bottom lip, and that view gave me a tingly feeling in my stomach.

When the next song came on, Jiyong was silently mouthing along the lyrics and I couldn't help but glue my eyes on his moving lips. The way they formed the words – I felt spellbound.

Still fixed on his lips, I didn't notice him turning his head towards me.

“Can I help you?” he asked, amusement in his tone.

I instantly snapped out of my daze and – feeling a little embarrassed – cleared my throat. I only then noticed that the car had stopped moving. I cleared my throat and held my gaze sternly straight.

“Oh, we're here” I stated the obvious.

Jiyong chuckled as he unbuckled my seat belt and swiftly got out of the car. Before I could even make one move, the door on the passenger side was opened and he had his hand extended to help me out.

Standing on the sidewalk, I straightened out my skirt and squinted up at the high building in front of me. As I let my squinted eyes wander from the building over to the man standing next to me, he had his arms crossed over his chest and cocky grin on his lips.

“That's a nice building” I nodded and he started laughing at my face, which, I imagined, looked like an over-dimensional, red and blinking question mark. “But...why are we staring at this particular building?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes a little and shook his head slightly, clearly suppressing commenting on my confusion. He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me after him towards the entrance. Just before entering, I spotted the lettering on the facade.

GD Entertainment.

I was just about to say something, when I looked around the foyer. The interior looked very modern – and expensive. There were flowers everywhere and the room itself was really bright. Behind the reception stood and exceptionally beautiful woman.

She gave Jiyong a breathtaking smile and slightly bowed to him. He smiled back and raised his hand just a notch to greet her. On the walls were a lot of modern paintings and as I followed him down a long hall, I saw many doors, leading to small rooms behind them.

“Where are we going?” I asked, trying to keep up with fast pace.

Again, no answer.

As he pushed through a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter