SIX

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon, the whole room was filled with music I have never heard before. It was a quiet song, but the bass was strong and you could feel it in your feet, making its way up through your whole body. The feeling made my heart flutter and I had the urge to start moving to the nice sounds.

I didn't notice that I had closed my eyes and jumped a little when I felt a brush on my hand. I raised my head to see him making a half turn, so he was standing directly behind me. His chest was touching my back when he inhaled, that's how close he was.

At first, I just awkwardly stepped from one foot to the other. It felt weird being alone with him with that nice music playing. What was he thinking to just ask me to dance like that?

After some time, I felt my muscles relax. Jiyong was still close behind me, following my steps. Suddenly, his fingers encircled one of my wrists and turned me around slowly. Due to the shock, I stumbled forward, my cheek colliding with his chest.

His body shook beneath me, and I figured that he was laughing. He moved his face closer to my ear, so I could hear him as he spoke to me.

“This is nice, you know?” he said, and I stiffened up a bit since his warm breath was tickling the skin on my face.

“What do you mean?” I mumbled, feeling the urge to bury my face in his chest.

He sighed and pulled pack a little, a crooked smile distorting his handsome features. Instead of giving me an answer, he just lightly shook his head and started to dance to the still ongoing music. For some reason, my mind went blank and my body took over. I moved along to the rhythm, along to his moves.

Jiyong was a great dancer. I couldn't help but watch him move through the mirror. We used the whole practice room as a dance floor, and as the music was slowly ebbing away, some clouds were pushing themselves in front of the moon, dimming the light that was surrounding us.

As the song was finished, we were standing face to face, our breathing going heavily and without even noticing, a bright smile appeared on my face.

It's been quite a long time since I stopped dance practice. When I was younger, I always dreamed of becoming a K-Pop Idol. With my parents wealth, it had been easy for me to start dance and singing lessons. But about two years ago, my father fell sick and Junmyeon and I needed to take more care of the family's business. I had been so busy with everything else, that I had completely forgot about my passion.

“Thanks” I whispered, still a little out of breath.

“What are you thanking me for?” he asked, straightening up his body.

“I had completely forgotten how much I used to love dancing” I replied quietly.

He let himself sink to the ground and laid down on the wooden floor, stretching his four limbs far away from him.

“Well, I am glad that I let you re-discover something you used to like” he said.

His eyes were closed, but he patted next to him, telling me to sit down. So I sank to the floor as well.

I sat down cross-legged, wrapping my arms around my knees. We spent a few long moments in silence, but as he sat up, the clouds released the moon's light again. The beams directly hit Jiyong's eyes. His pupils appeared black now, and seemed really mysterious. His face went from a smile to be really blank and his pulled his forehead in wrinkles.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked quietly, leaning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter