ONE

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  „(Y/N)-ah! Are you ready?“ I heard my brother call up the stairs. I took a last glance at myself in the mirror before taking a deep breath and heading out of my room.

 

~

 

2 hours before

 

I stared at the hanger with an unknown dress that was hidden by a fancy-looking suit bag.

“Why couldn't you tell me earlier?” I barked.

In the door frame leaned a handsome young man, only mere years older than me – my brother. Junmyeon was our parents' oldest child and is soon to be taking over our father's company. And right now, he had just overrun me by telling me we would be attending a party this night.

Not just a party, but one of our business partners who was simultaneously one of hist closest friends, invited us to his annual masquerade ball. It was the first time for me to be invited.

“It's an honor you know” he pondered. “Being invited to an event like that.”

I sighed and flopped back onto my bed.

“But I promised Hye I would go out with her tonight” I protested.

And that was only half a lie. My brother knew exactly how much I hated social events like that. Especially when they were business related.

“You can go meet your friend tomorrow” he ensured me and patted my head affectionately. “And now get yourself ready. We need to leave at 7. I'll be waiting downstairs.”

He pushed himself off of my bed and was already heading towards my room door when I jumped up.

“But-!”

He silenced me with just one quick hand motion. “No buts tonight, sis. When I'll be the companies CEO, I want you right next to me. Tonight, I want to introduce you to all my business partners.” With that, Junmyeon left, leaving me behind speechless and with my mouth wide open.

As I snapped back into reality, I closed my mouth, my teeth clattering together and the sound broke the uncomfortable silence in my room. I sighed hard as I dragged myself to my bathroom.

“Stupid oppa” I mumbled to myself. “You want to hate him, but you just can't!” I grabbed a few extra fluffy towels and took a long and hot shower. Actually, I was taking up a lot of the time I had left just standing under the beam of water, watching the bathroom get blurred by all the mist the hot water had caused.

When I was done, I wrapped my body in a towel and tip tapped back into my room. Slipping on black lace underwear, I took the hanger and placed the covered dress on my bed. Inhaling deeply, my hand moved to the case, when suddenly my door opened and my brother was standing there.

Both of us gave out surprised sounds and he immediately pinched his eyes shut, just the second the pillow I had thrown hit him right in the face.

“I'm sorry” he yelped, quickly turning around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter