sudden change

Summer and What Happened Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was going to be a good plan, Wonwoo thought, setting up the needed props. It was romantic, right? A casual walk on the beach, overlooking the view of the ocean, gradually away from the others and soon, they reach a quiet place. There would be sea shells- the mentioned props- on the sand that would spell out Mingyu's name. Well, at least it should spell out his name. Wonwoo was running out of shells, and Seunggwan couldn't find any  more either. Junhui had been unwilling to help, claiming that Wonwoo should just relax and enjoy.

Maybe he had a point.

There was also the plan of having dinner after, and maybe Wonwoo can confess then. The thing is, should he really even confess? The sudden thought entered his mind, distracting him from the matter at hand. It wasn’t until he felt something small (a shell, he found out later) hit his head  that he was snapped back to reality. 

Seunggwan was looking at Wonwoo impatiently, one hand on his hip, and the other with a handful of sand and what little bites of shells he could find. Wonwoo gave him an apologetic grin, and the other boy rolled his eyes at him, "how are we initiating the beach plan if the target isn't even here?" 

Wonwoo's smile vanished as he groaned. How was he supposed to know where Mingyu was? 

The last thing he knew was Mingyu went over to Jisoo and Junghan’s shared room to get away from him. As if on cue, he spotted Junghan walking towards them, and expected Jisoo to be following soon. However, there was no sign of the other boy. Which meant there was no sign of Mingyu, too, and the realization left Wonwoo as dejected as ever. Seunggwan must have noticed, because he heaved a loud sigh, letting the sand and shells fall back down.

“What’s happening?” Junghan asked when he reached the scene, having been directed over there by Seungcheol when he asked where Wonwoo was. He looked down at the sand and the still incomplete setting of Mingyu’s name, then back to Wonwoo. “Beach plan?”

“Lacks a key component, though,” Wonwoo answered back with just a tiny hint of bitterness that Junghan caught, making the longhaired boy laugh. 

“Well,” Junghan started to say. “Don’t ask me, then. I was asked to leave the room. They should be having some kind of heart to heart moment in there.”

Wonwoo shrugged off the feeling that he should have been the one experiencing a heart to heart talk with Mingyu, because in truth, they weren’t really close friends, right? He was just a guy who liked Mingyu, who was friends with the boyfriend of one of Mingyu’s friends, and nothing more. The beach trip was supposed to make things better, but for some reason, things have been going on a downhill slope. 

It’s barely been half the day, too. Maybe the sudden drop in his mood was obvious, because soon, Seunggwan announc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter