oh no

Summer and What Happened Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So who are going again?" 

Mingyu sat in the living room of Hansol and Jisoo's dorm with the rest of the guys, as usual. The exams for that day ended and they all got together to review for the last day's exams. At least, they tried to review. Jisoo had just informed them that as soon as summer starts, Seunggwan is inviting people over to his house for a beach trip, so that was the current topic. Of course, hearing the name of any Pledis Pizza member only made Mingyu think of one specific name: Wonwoo; and if everybody was invited, as Jisoo said, that only meant Wonwoo would be around as well. 

Mingyu tried to get a sure answer. 

Jisoo wasn't giving him any. 

"Oh, you know," the latter replied offhandedly. "Junghan just texted me to say everybody was invited. It's up to Seunggwan anyway and I'm fine as long as we all agree to go." 

Seokmin grinned, pumping a fist in the air, "we should all go!" 

"I miss the beach," Hansol said from his spot on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. "Sand. Waves. Sun." 

"It would be nice," Seungcheol agreed, clearly discarding the textbook in his hands. Summer just felt so near. "I could drive us there as long as one of them show the way." 

Mingyu saw Minghao nodding as well, a smile on the other's lips, and he knew that this was going to end with him joining in as well. Jisoo was looking at him with a sheepish expression, phone in his hands as if waiting to text the results to Junghan. Reluctantly, Mingyu began to nod his head. 

"Sure, I'll go," he cracked a wide smile in the end. "This should be fun." 

Jisoo nodded, smiling brightly, innocence all over his face as he began typing on his phone.

 

 

Mingyu regretted saying yes the moment he got out of the car.

The car ride itself was fun- still the six of them in Seungcheol's car, radio blasting random songs they would all sing along to, either really well or in discordant tunes that included lots of shouting. There were some moments where Seungcheol lost sight of Jihoon's car on the way but surprisingly they made it to the sight of the beach soon enough, with the clear water and warm, inviting sand. Hansol was the first to see the shore, immediately announcing it to the rest of the guys who began to crowd around the window as if it was their first time seeing the beach. 

Seungcheol parked next to Jihoon's car, which was parked beside Seunggwan's. The latter's family picked him up at the university and led the way. 

Anyway, Mingyu had kept up his smile the whole car ride, even joining in when the group began to tease Jisoo about Junghan. He was so lost in the fun that his mind hadn't even flitted back to thoughts of who else were going, as they all began to descend from the car. Seokmin hollered in joy at the feeling of sand and Minghao basked in the sunlight, arms spread wide. It wasn't until Jisoo suddenly walked off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter