Seven

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Holy ,” Aerin is able to mutter when she flutters her eyes awake. Right when they’re widened open, Aerin feels a sudden pang in her head, and she whines at the pain. Her vision is pretty groggy, but she rubs her eyes a few times before she can see pretty decently.

 

She slightly moves in the sheets she’s in, as if she’s trying to make out whose bed it actually is--because it definitely isn’t her’s. Aerin tries her best to recall her memory from last night, but honestly, she couldn’t remember one thing.

 

Finally grasping the idea that she could be in danger, Aerin shoots up from her bed and scans the room. It was a definitely a student dorm room, presumably a boy from the posters on the wall and the smell of the room. Aerin then sees a pair of extremely long shoes at the edge of the door and she immediately sighs in relief, “It’s Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol then enters the room, much to Aerin’s surprise. Her eyes brighten when she sees the guy, and then later notices he has a bottle of water and two pills of Ibuprofens in his hand. “Are you drugging me now?”, Aerin says as she takes the pills from his head.

 

“You honestly need to be on an IV, considering how you are were last night.” Chanyeol replies truthfully.

 

“Really?” Aerin just cringes at how awful she could have been last night.

 

“Really. You’re not going out again--I mean, you can’t end up like that again.” Chanyeol replies, and Aerin nods her head. “And you can’t go out with Baekhyun.”

 

And then Aerin stops nodding her head and furrows her brows, “Wait, why? Baekhyun’s my friend.”

 

“Your friend?” Chanyeol repeats. “Your friend would allow you to be this drunk and out of it, knowing that it’s your first time at a freaking bar? Your friend would take advantage of your vulnerability and find joy in it? That’s what you consider a friend?”

 

“I don’t think he was trying to hurt me, Chanyeol. You’ve been his friend for years, you know he’s a good person.”

 

“He’s a good person when he’s sober, which is 30% of the time.” Chanyeol replies, and rolls his eyes. “That’s when you can be with him. But anytime else--you can’t be with him.”

 

“So I just can’t drink and be at parties with him. That sounds fair.” Aerin answers; it honestly wasn’t that much of a compromise.

 

“Alright then,” Chanyeol says, “Do you want to go back to sleep? Do you need anything else?”

 

“No, I don’t. But thank you for taking care of me.” Aerin smiles and looks up to Chanyeol, feeling genuinely happy that she was able to meet a guy like him here. Chanyeol has been so kind and caring since the moment she met him; she felt really lucky to even know him.

 

“Any time.” Chanyeol says and lightly pats her smaller hand repeatedly. “Want to go get breakfast?”

 

“That, I will say yes to.” Aerin says, and Chanyeol chuckles. “I can’t go in this though.” Aerin looks at her wardrobe, and sees that she’s still in the same black dress yesterday. She didn’t even know how she handled sleeping in that, because even breathing in it was uncomfortable.

 

“I’m sure you can fit one of Baek’s sweats, and I can give you a shirt.” Chanyeol says, as he stands up and rummages through his drawers. He then throws a white tee towards her, which lands directly on her face.

 

“Thanks. That hurt.” Aerin laughs as she grabs the tee shirt and sees Chanyeol exit the door to walk to Baekhyun’s room. In minutes, he’s back with a pair of grey sweatpants. It was kind of embarrassing to know that she could fit in a guy’s pair of pants, but it was more humiliating to Baekhyun than her (she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter