Four

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning, Aerin woke up with no problems at all (but what did she expect, she only took a few drinks). Like Chanyeol told her to last night, Aerin texted the rest of the guys and Soojin to grab lunch, but it seemed like the only person down was Baekhyun--Chanyeol got called in early to work, the guys decided to sleep in, and Soojin’s roommate was coping with a breakup.

 

Aerin was already sitting down at the spacious booth that she initially reserved for 8 people, and now it dwindled down to just 2. At least they had space to move around.

 

“Baekhyun!” Aerin exclaims as she sees the familiar male walk in the restaurant. Baekhyun’s wearing heavily tinted sunglasses and a black hoodie--which is pretty weird since it’s the beginning of August. “Why are you dressed like that?”

 

“My eyes are still red and I threw up on myself a little this morning.” Baekhyun admits, and Aerin wants to puke.

 

“So you just threw on a hoodie and didn’t bother taking off the shirt?!” Aerin yells, but Baekhyun immediately reminds her to keep it quiet.

 

“Shh! Of course I did, this hoodie was the only thing in my car.” Baekhyun replies and picks up the menu in front of him.

 

Aerin forcibly smiles at the male who just admitted that he puked on himself. “You’re a crazy partier, aren’t you?”

 

“Aw, ,” Baekhyun takes off his glasses, “Of course! That’s what college is about.”

 

Aerin begs to differ, “Uh, I actually think college is for furthering your education… but you know, that’s definitely not what it’s for, right?”

 

“Funny.” Baekhyun winks, “That’s what college is about, to me, I mean.”

 

“Well, maybe not the academic aspect then. What about the clubs? The events, like student mixers or whatever?” Aerin asks.

 

“Actual clubs, you mean? Like bars? And like, you mean mixing different vodkas or… cause I’m not a bartender.” It seemed like Baekhyun had no idea what those words meant, or rather, any word that didn’t relate to the party scene.

 

Aerin takes a sip of water and eyes the guy. A small part of Aerin wanted to believe that Baekhyun wasn’t only about parties and girls; maybe she was able to learn about his side hobbies or other interests. But there were none; that was all to it with Baekhyun.

 

“Never mind,” Aerin says. “So, have you talked to Soojin today?”

 

“A little bit! I dig her.” Baekhyun’s eyes light up, as he’s finally on a topic he can contribute to, “Why? Did she talk about me?”

 

Aerin chuckles, “Nah, I haven’t. She did invite me her cosmetology class later though.”

 

“That’s perfect,” Baekhyun says with excitement in his voice, “I’ll say this truthfully. I need a wingman.”

 

“Then find a wingman?”

 

“No, Aerin,” Baekhyun takes off his hoodie as he sighs, “It’s not that easy! It should be you--can it be you? You’re getting to know her, and in the process, she can get to know me.”

 

“Uh, you have the wrong person,” Aerin lightly chuckles, “I don’t even know how to be a wingman, whatever that is.”

 

“But this is the perfect situation! Come on Aerin, I just need you to mention how great I am sometimes and brag about my intelligence!”

 

Aerin looks a him with disbelief, “So you want me to blatantly lie in front of her face?”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes but then says, “Actually, yeah! That’s exactly what being a wingman is.”

 

“Huh,” Aerin bites her lip. So what Baekhyun would rather lie and make someone else do the work, rather than him actually trying to get the girl himself? Aerin thought such characters only existed in movies.

 

“You’re not lying about everything. I mean, you think I’m a pretty good guy, right?” Baekhyun flashes a smile, and his eyes turn into the shape of crescents. Aerin had to admit, Baekhyun wasn’t the best student or the most motivated person, but at least he was good company?

 

“I guess,” Aerin tries her best to sound sarcastic, “Fine, I’ll do it. But only cause I think you might actually have a shot with Soojin.”

 

“Awesome!” Baekhyun yelps in glee,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter