Sixteen

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun tries to recount what happened when he arrived at Soojin’s place, it all comes in a blur. He just has a faint memory of Soojin sobbing, screaming really, and her continuously hitting him in the chest. He was admittedly still buzzed from the beer, and that didn’t help his case either.

 

“I hate you, I hate you!” The voice of Soojin’s cries rings in his head.

 

He just remembers repeating sorry over and over again.

 

But obviously it was no help, as he was now curled up into a ball in his bed. Baekhyun doesn’t cry, but damn, does he feel really close to it.

 

It was the morning after, and Baekhyun had not gotten a minute of sleep the whole night. His head was panging with thoughts: what he could say to Chanyeol and ways to make Aerin understand. Last night, Soojin broke up with him. It didn't seem like she was willing to change her mind.

 

And Baekhyun wasn't too sure if he wanted her to.

 

He knows it’s no help if he just continues laying here, drowning in his thoughts and sorrow. He makes his way to the bathroom to splash some cold water on his face; when he looks in the mirror, he’s taken aback of how rugged he looks.

 

“I got a cream for those eyebags if you need it.” A deeper voice says, and Chanyeol appears at the door of the restroom.

 

“Dude,” Baekhyun says. “I’m so sorry. Can we talk?”

 

“We’re talking right now,” Chanyeol smartly replies. His vibe right now is beyond calm, and it’s terrifying to Baekhyun. “I’m fine. I heard you up all night, talking to yourself about this whole thing.”

 

“So you heard me practicing saying sorry to you?”

 

“Every word,” Chanyeol chuckles. “You ed up. I can get over it. Soojin though? That’s a hard one.”

 

“Yeah, she hates me. She was so mad, saying she already knew it from the beginning." Chanyeol wants to say, know what?, but he already knows that answer himelf.

 

“Hey,” Baekhyun calls out, and his friend twirls around his way. “Are you and Aerin okay?”

 

Chanyeol lets out a slight laugh. “I hope so."

 

 

Aerin and Chanyeol meet up at a restaurant. When Aerin arrives, it’s like she’s in a frenzy; she speaks at a speed of 100 words per minute, she takes no breaths between her sentences, and she just keeps saying sorry. Chanyeol, on the other hand, is the total opposite.

 

“I promise you, Chanyeol, nothing happened that night at the fair. We were just having a fun time as friends, I swear.” Aerin cries. “I don’t know what made him say that.”

 

“Aerin, calm down. Please.” Chanyeol takes her flailing hands in his own, and crosses them on top of the table. “I never thought anything happened anyways.”

 

“Really? Are you not mad at me?”

 

“Mad at you?” Chanyeol scoffs. “I would never.”

 

“Why aren’t you mad? Why aren’t you questioning me at all, isn’t that how it’s supposed to work?” Aerin is puzzled; why is Chanyeol just so submissive with her?

 

“Why, do you want me to be mad?”

 

“No! It’s just that… you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter