Fourteen

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So,” Aerin says. “What ride do you want to go on first? Or do you want to play games? Or eat?”

 

The pair arrived at their local fair. Given that it was a Saturday night, it was extra populated tonight, mostly with couples on their dates. Baekhyun cringes at the fact that every way he turns his head, he sees at least one couple either snuggling up on each other, kissing, or feeding each other cotton candy. This definitely makes him feel better.

 

“I can’t control who comes to the fair, goddammit.” Aerin says, and Baekhyun chuckles.

 

“I know, it’s actually kind of funny.” Baekhyun twirls around to look at his options. The fair was quite large; through the forest of green, blue, and red lights, he could make out a few rides like a rocking ship, a ferris wheel, and giant swing set. “Let’s do the swings.”

 

“You got it!” Aerin jumps in joy; she’s just happy to be at the fair. Baekhyun smirks at the sight, and they walk towards the line leading up to the swings. When they finally get to the front of the line, Baekhyun follows Aerin as she chooses to sit in a purple seat. He knows that purple’s her favorite color.

 

When they’re all buckled up, Aerin looks back to Baekhyun, who’s coolly waiting in the seat. “Ready to have some fun?”

 

“Ready as ever, Rinnie.” Baekhyun gives a sarcastic response. The entire ride slowly raises above the ground; Aerin’s feet dance in excitement as they’re elevated higher and higher. Baekhyun gets the same feeling, as probably not as intense. He hasn’t been at a fair or amusement park in so long; it’s been a while since he felt this type of adrenaline.

 

The ride starts to peek up speed. When Baekhyun looks down and sees his feet dangling hundreds of feet above the rest of the fair, he gets tingles all over his body and screams from the thrill.

 

Aerin looks back and sees her friend, his hands raised up and his hair tousled from the wind. She grins at the sight and follows after him. The two have their hands raised together, and they both yell out from on top of the ride.

 

“This is so much fun!” Baekhyun screams.

 

“Yeah! WOO HOO!” Aerin shouts after him. Baekhyun looks at her, as she twirls around to see him. Her hair is violently moving all around her face from the wind, but Baekhyun doesn’t find it the least bit unattractive. In fact, the fair lights set a pretty glow on her skin, and Baekhyun takes note that Aerin looks really good in red light. Well, she looked good, regardless.

 

When the ride is over, Aerin makes the next decision to go another ride. It’s one called ‘Rattle and Slide’ and is just some machine that has four pairs of people in their own pod. The ride jolts everyone up in a super fast speed first and then slows down, which makes people slide into the person next to them. All of this happens as the rides turns around and around.

 

As they’re waiting in line, Aerin and Baekhyun engage in an innocent debate over which anime is better: Dragon Ball Z or Full Metal Alchemist. In their immature conversation, Baekhyun learns that Aerin has a thing for Goku’s messy, full hair, which explains why she likes Chanyeol so much. Baekhyun enjoys that he can have this type of conversation with Aerin: one that’s funny and honest. He doesn’t get this with Soojin.

 

“Help me up?” Aerin says to Baekhyun once they reach their pod. Baekhyun gives her a boost by cupping the sides of her stomach and lifting her into the seat. He follows in after her, and they buckle in together.

 

When the rid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter