Fifteen

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**hi!! just a friendly note that I updated one chapter RIGHT AFTER another (thirteen and then fourteen). just wanted to let yall know that there's actually two new chapters, since i saw there were way more views on fourteen than thirteen. so pls read that one if you have yet to!! thank you :)

“All I want to do right now… is drink my problems away.” Baekhyun says flatly to his friends, who are all sitting in his living room. Baekhyun glances to the pair sitting right in front of him, Aerin and Chanyeol, who are silently judging his words.

 

Aerin scoffs, “I told you yesterday that that’s called alcoholism!”

 

“Well, I’ll rephrase. Tonight, I just want to drink with my friends and have fun. Better?”

 

She rolls her eyes, “Sure.”

 

“Well, nothing wrong with some laid-back get together. I’ll get some beer,” Suho announces, and nudges Jongin to come with him.

 

“Can we do like a game night? How about that, just a casual game night with drinks?” Sehun suggests, and all the boys are all surprised that finally an idea coming from Sehun doesn’t sound half bad.

 

“I’ll invite just a few more people,” Baekhyun says, and the rest of him shoot him a look.

 

“This is not turning into a party, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol says. He could not even bare to imagine himself scrubbing his floors one more time from Minjun’s vomit.

 

“And it won’t be! We just need to… invite more people to get the game night going. I want to play this one game that needs, like, 12 people minimum.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Chanyeol replies.

 

 

By the time Suho and Jongin comes back, a few of Baekhyun’s friends have filled in the living room and kitchen. He kept his promise by keeping it to a smaller number of people, but Aerin didn’t want to speak too soon.

 

Aerin invited Soojin by texting her, but she still had that big exam coming up that she was busy studying for.

 

Aerin:

 

Why do you sound like me right now? Live a little!

 

Soojin:

 

Baekhyun’s rubbed off you way too much. I gotta study or I get a C in this class! I’ll call you later on my study break.

 

Aerin:

 

Hey! Just want you to have some fun. But okay, just call me when you’re free.

 

Aerin puts her phone away in time for Chanyeol to approach her. He’s holding an ice cold can of beer in a hand and extends it out to offer it to her.

 

“One is not gonna kill you, I promise.”

 

“I know,” Aerin laughs. “But it’s so vinegary. I can’t drink it.”

 

“Everyone else is drinking one. I think they only brought beer,” Chanyeol replies. “We have some Caprisuns in the fridge if you want that instead.”

 

“What do you take me as?” Aerin scoffs. What do I look like drinking a juice packet here, Aerin thinks. She opens the can and takes a tiny gulp of it, squirming her face in disgust afterwards. “I’ll get used to it.”

 

Chanyeol raises her chin to kiss him, and Aerin gets a second taste of the beer he had just drank.

 

“It tastes better that way,” Aerin cooes, and Chanyeol caresses his girlfriend’s chin. “Ooh, look! They’re playing cards, let’s go! I know a bunch of card games.”

 

Aerin takes Chanyeol by the hand and drags the giant over to the living room floor. They join the small group that’s already playing within themselves and invite them to the next round of the game.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun is in the kitchen, helping himself to another can of beer. One of his female friends, Jisoo, swings inside from the corner; the sudden sight of her gives Baekhyun a mini heart attack.

 

“My bad, Baek.” Jisoo laughs, and Baekhyun closes the fridge door whilst sighing.

 

“You scared me, woman! Why did you just appear like some ghost, instead of normally walking in? My heart’s about to pop out of my chest,” Baekhyun says.

 

“Jesus, I said sorry. Get that checked out.” Jisoo approaches him; her steps are confident, and she has a purpose in her eyes--she knows exactly what she’s doing.

 

Jisoo and Baekhyun go just a few months back. Initially, it started as flirtation strictly in only party settings. Baekhyun almost always begged her to come back home with him, but the girl was too proud to give in. She always gave Baekhyun a chase, but never bit the bait.

 

“You know, I broke up with Jihoon earlier this week. He got a little too clingy.”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, “Good for you, Jisoo.”

 

“He would call me all the time, say that I was the only one for him,” Jisoo ignores his comment and continues on. “I don’t think I’m ready for that type of commitment.”

 

“The definition of a relationship includes commitment, you whack job.”

 

“Exactly, so that’s why I broke it off. I don’t think I want to be committed right now.” Jisoo nears closer to Baekhyun. “I think I just want to have fun.”

 

Baekhyun takes a few steps back, “You know I have a girlfriend now.”

 

“So? When have you ever passed up on a chance to have fun?” Jisoo winks, and she grabs Baekhyun by his hand. She walks him to his own room, as if she’s been in there before. Baekhyun curses as the girl forces him inside his own room, telling her to stop.

 

“I repeat again, I have a girlfriend.” Baekhyun reiterates, and Jisoo invites herself to sit on his bed. “I’m not doing this.”

 

Jisoo her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter