Twenty One

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jihoon storms out the bar, with the guards on both his sides, Aerin and Baekhyun were left alone. Baekhyun’s not too bruised, but Aerin can’t see underneath his shirt.

 

Aerin stumbles to Baekhyun and tugs on his shirt. Her breath still reeks of Vodka, and she says, “Let’s go to urgent care and have them check you.”

 

Baekhyun is obviously frustrated in the face and whips her hand away. “I don’t need to, I’m driving you home.” He doesn’t let another word escape the girl’s mouth; he just grabs her, forcefully, by the wrist and drags him to his car.

 

Aerin stays silent, because she knows that’s what is best to do. She might be a bit inebriated, but she doesn’t want to push another one of Baekhyun’s buttons tonight.

 

Baekhyun eventually makes it to Aerin’s dorm after an extremely quiet car ride, and his instructions are short and direct.

 

“Go inside.” He practically spits at her, and she does as told. “And get changed.”

 

Aerin eyes her outfit; she had tried hard, and spent a lot of money, on this outfit, but truly--what for? Aerin makes a mental note to return this tomorrow; there would be no way in hell that she’d ever make herself wear this again.

 

When Aerin returns, Baekhyun is sitting on her living room couch with his head in his hands. She doesn’t want to be the first to speak, so she sits across from him in silence.

 

“What has gotten into you?” He distorts his face. “Was this because of me? What I did?”

 

“No,” Aerin replies. “It was me that got myself in this situation. I’m sorry--I don’t know what I was doing.”

 

“No the hell you don’t. Do you realize the amount of danger you put yourself into?!” Baekhyun practically screams at this point, but he contains himself by pursing his lips together. “You could’ve gotten hurt.”

 

“It didn’t seem bad in the moment! People have one night stands all the time.” Aerin reasons by saying, “Don’t tell me you haven’t picked up one in a bar before.”

 

Baekhyun almost loses his mind but stops himself. “Don’t ever say that again. A bunch of people may do, but that is not you. And that’s not me anymore either.”

 

“That’s not you anymore,” Aerin repeats, pathetically. “Do you understand that’s all that everyone thinks of you? And now, I’m exactly like you.”

 

“No, you’re not. You don't get into trouble, and this is not you to behave like this.”

 

“No, it isn’t,” Aerin says to herself. It wasn’t--what was she thinking when she entered that bar with the sole mission of getting laid? She hadn’t even gotten to that step with Chanyeol, let alone a complete stranger.

 

“Aerin, if this was because of that kiss, I promise--”

 

“Yeah, it was.” Aerin starts shouting manically. “It was you, 100%. You kissed me, and it reminded me that nothing has changed about you--you’re still that same guy that doesn’t give a about a girl and her feelings!”

 

“Aerin. Stop talking.”

 

“It’s true! You only care about getting between a girls’ legs, and that’s disgusting!”

 

“Aerin, sto--”

 

“And I only acted this way because I thought, for a moment, that I was just the same way. People already started labeling me as a , so I believed them! But yes, you’re right about one thing--that it really isn’t me.”

 

“Who called you that?”

 

“It doesn’t even matter--”

 

“Who called you that?!” Baekhyun yelps.

 

“People who knew that we kissed!” Aerin shouts back. “And that’s exactly why I want nothing to do with you. I want nothing to do with your reputation and this image of your’s.”

 

“You don’t mean what you’re saying--”

 

“And you have no right to talk to me like that!”

 

“Listen, I’ve changed. I’m not the same, careless guy that you met a few months ago.”

 

“Yeah? Jisoo and Min would tell me otherwise.” Aerin snaps, and Baekhyun is reminded of those two girls that were a part of his past. It did not help at all that Aerin has met the both of them within days. “You haven’t changed.”

 

Baekhyun scoffs. “What can I do to show you that I have? That I’ve changed?”

 

“Nothing,” Aerin almost breaks into a cry. “Nothing.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. He looks at her, hopeless, knowing nothing he will say will be of help. “Tell me, once more, that you want nothing to do with me and I’ll walk out that door right now.”

 

Aerin’s adamant with her words. “I want nothing to do with you.”

 

Baekhyun gets up and starts heading out the door. Before he leaves, he turns back around and says, “I’m not giving up. I will do anything to prove you wrong.”

 

 

A few days pass. Aerin sticks to a routine within those days: wake up, go to school, do homework, go to sleep. She hasn’t had too much communication with anyone, opting to be alone. To let them know she hasn't died though, she’s texted the boys and Soojin from time to time. For the most part, they all talk about normal things, but the boys have messaged frequently to please check on Baekhyun.

 

According to their messages, Baekhyun has been cooped up in his room ever since Aerin last saw him. The boy has not left, except in the middle of the night to use the restroom. For food, he’s been ordering take out, and has been bold enough to instruct the delivery person to give to him in his room. Aerin has te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter