Two

Under His Wing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

“Chanyeol!”, Baekhyun groans as loud as he can, irritated, and throws a pillow over his ears, “Turn off the damn alarm!”

 

A giant shadow looms over Baekhyun, and he basks in it for a few seconds since the morning sun was too bright to bear. The second the shadow is out of his eyes and the alarm is silenced, Baekhyun gets back to being annoyed at the world.

 

“Dude,” Chanyeol says, “It’s the first day of school. 30 minutes til class starts.”

 

“Your point?” Baekhyun scrunches his face together without opening his eyes. “5 more minutes.”

 

“Then you’d be late to meet your apprentice.” Chanyeol laughs, whilst buttoning up his shirt. He then reaches for his backpack, which is loaded with his utensils, laptop, and a few of his favorite books. Chanyeol loved the hilarity and fun that came with parties, but it didn’t consume his entire life. He maintained high grades while juggling a job, and he partied when he had time to.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun could care less about his grades and defined college by his own terms: the wildest four years of your ing life.

 

“Oh , you’re right!” Baekhyun jolts out of bed, completely . “Thanks for reminding me!” He runs to the bathroom, brushes his teeth in record time, and lightly splashes his face with water--and that’s what he considered a shower.

 

“Uh, you know I was just kidding, right? You’re serious about this?”

 

“Of course I am! Vulnerable, little freshman under my wing--Party Lord Baekhyun’s wing! It’s a perfect plan.” Baekhyun clasps his hands together as if he’s some little kid and squeals in his own excitement.

 

“Party Lord Baekhyun? Are you ing 7?” Chanyeol mocks his friend. “Anyways, I’m heading out to meet with the guys. Don’t do anything dangerous, man.”

 

“Gotcha!” Baekhyun cooes, and gets dressed right when he hears Chanyeol close the door behind him. Baekhyun sprays cologne about 6 times around his body, hastily puts on some strong man-smelling deodorant, and tucks away the laces in his shoes (instead of actually tying them).

 

“Now… let’s see..” Baekhyun practically dives in his closet’s dirty clothes pile, searching for the pair of jeans he wore yesterday. When he sees a familiar gold stamp peeking out from a certain pair of pants, he lets out a victorious “aha!” and immediately reaches for it.

 

“Song Aerin… room 154.” Baekhyun says out loud to himself and crumbles the letter into a ball, fit enough for the small pocket in his t-shirt. With that, Baekhyun leaves his room, a bit too excited for his grand plan.

 

--

 

“Did you remember to have some writing utensils? All your notebooks for every class? Pantiliners? You know it’s approaching that time of the month, dear.”

 

“Yes, yes, yes, Mom. I remember!” Aerin was so close to pressing the End Call button. “I need to walk to my classes now or I’ll be late. Alright? Okay bye, I love you~” Aerin rushed to say and immediately ended the call.

 

She let out a soft 'phew' before jumping on her couch. Looking around her flat, Aerin realized she needed to do a little decorating; the school provided the basic furniture, but her whole living room as a tacky and lifeless color scheme of indigo and grey.

 

“So a couch there… maybe a crystal clear coffee table in the middle?” Aerin says to herself, before she hears three firm knocks on her door.

 

Aerin jolted in her position and stealthily placed her mug of coffee back down on the glass table. She wondered who would be knocking on her door, especially so early in the morning. She hadn’t made any friends yet, so it couldn’t be anyone she possibly knew.

 

Oh god, is it my mom?, Aerin thought to herself. Slowly, she approached the door and jiggled the rusted door knob. Her eyes widened at once and a faint gasp escaped her lips.

 

Baekhyun.

 

It was the same guy from the postal office last night. His hair was almost an exact replica of Goku’s, his tie was messily done, and his scent-- his scent was just awful. Aerin could sense the smell even in her dreams-- it scarred her that much.

 

“Uh, I’m Byun Baekhyun. I was assigned to be your guide around school.” He said and held out the crumpled letter he received yesterday. “Song Aerin, right?” The girl nodded.

 

“Alright, so I’m thinking that since my class is starting a few, I could tour you around the important spots here.” Baekhyun gives her a smile that she thinks is so similar to the Joker’s. “Which is like the best vending machines, best dining halls. , the best places to hide and make out.”

 

“Excuse me?” Aerin says, baffled at the person in front of her. “I’ve toured this school already, thanks.” Aerin blantantly lies, but she'd say anything to get out of going around with him. 

 

Baekhyun realizes he probably is starting off too quick. “Sorry, sorry! It was a joke. I know what you’re thinking, I look like . There was just this party last night that I got really ed up at--the last party of summer vacation.”

 

Aerin reasons that such a party should’ve been spent well. Today marked the beginning of a busy and stressful semester, so she could understand why he had to make it a memorable night.

 

“I still have to tour you around, though. Dean’s orders.” Baekhyun bites his lip.

 

“Okay,” Aerin hesitantly says and steps outside her flat. “I was serious when I said I knew every inch of this school, though. I guess you could just walk me to class?”

 

“What’s your first class?” Baekhyun nodded and started walking.

 

“Korean Literature II.”

 

“You mean Lit I?”

 

“Nope. I kinda advanced up a class in some subjects.” Aerin stated proudly and followed after Baekhyun as he took a left. Majority of her classes were higher than the typical freshman; it was the result of Aerin having a nonexistant social life for her entire high school career.

 

“Oh, so you’re that kind of stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter