Prologue

Lay My Healing Angel

August 1, 1998 

Krystal POV 

My name is Jung Soojung. I am four years old. I was hospitalized after I fainted while just walking to the bathroom. I didn't know what it was but apparently my mother and sister knew. 

My mom didn't look that worried but she still looked a little bit. She had her hand rested on my forhead. My sister though was the opposite of looking calm. She was on her knees and was crying on my left hand. 

"I'm sorry, I am so so sorry." She continued saying until Mother pulled her up and dragged her out the room. The doctor came inside and he had a very serious look on his face.  

"I have diagnosed you with having a rare case of anemia." He said. 

"What is anemia." I asked upset. 

"Well after drawing some of your blood and looking through a microscope there was not that much blood cell in it. Also some froze into tiny little crystals.." My eyes widened and my mouth turned into a smile. The doctor shook his head. 

"You only have 21 years left to live.Your sister has anemia but it is not as bad as yours." After hearing that, I didn't cry but my happy face turned into an angry face. I screamed. I screamed at how ish my body was. I threw a tantrum for everyone to see. 

I pounded my fists on the bed. I was upset with God. Why did he want me to die so soon. When I grew up I wanted to get married and have alot of kids and skydive and all of those things.  

"Soojung ah!" My mother said trying to restrain me from almost hitting my head on the table next to me. 

Yixing POV 

I was in Heaven being taught and trained to be a guardian angel by my friend Suho. We were both eight years old. He taught me how to land without falling, how to find me real power and strength and tips for not getting caught. 

Suddenly bells rang and everyone knew that something was wrong. We ran to the North cloud and met up with the head guardian angel at the time Onew hyung. He showed us on a screen what had happened. 

"Jung Soojung age four has been diagnosed with a rare case of anemia. Now you guys shall watch and see what any of you should do if you were the head guardian angel. He went through a portal and entered the human world. We all watched anxiously. 

He was invisible but only the girl could see him. She stared at him while he put a finger to his lip and she nodded her head. He put his hands on top of her head and closed his eyes. He was trying to heal her sadness but it wouldn't work. He tried again but it still wouldn't work. He teleported back to us. 

"My healing power is gone." He said. We all gasped and discussed the matter. 

"One of you have it." The ten year old leader said. He put down a dead flower as everyone circled around it. It was such a pretty flower that I just had to touch it despite its death because somehow I was able to see how it looked before it died. 

After touching it, the flower turned into how it looked alive. Everyone stared at me. Onew dragged me to the human world and I saw the girl up close. She was very pretty and I touched her just like how I touched the flower. Her sadness was gone and she stared at me.  

September 12 2006 

Krystal POV

I was 11 years old. I was in middle school 6th grade. Some kids would bully me for being in a wheelchair. I couldn't walk because then I would faint. One day I got to peek at the eighth graders. There was a girl who was dressed up lile a boy. She was still very pretty. 

She glanced at me and smiled. When the bell wrang she came out and touched my hair. "Hello Krystal, my name is Amber." She greeted me with a geeky smile. I was very shy but shook her hand. She felt very warm. 

I stood up and hugged her to feel her warmth and heat come on me. She shivered at my touch. "Your hands are as cold as ice." She told me amazed. I whispered to her my secret. Suddenly I fainted. 

My mother realized that I was being bullied and was upset with me for not telling her. So that was when she wanted me and my sister to move to South Korea. I wasn't so sure since I loved California. It would be weird going to my mom and dad's country when I barely knew anything about it. 

My sister Jessica was going to take care of me until I was ready to leave her. Once I entered Korea, everyone and everything looked different. I saw symbols that I didn't understand nor knew how to say. Everyone spoke a different language. I smelled something that I wanted to try. I wheeled over to the place in the airport. 

It looked like rice cakes with some sauce on it. 

"Would you like to try some spicy rice cakes?" The guy asked in Korean. I nodded. So it was call dukkbokki. It tasted nice.

​Lay POV 

I entered South Korea and looked around the airport. There were many foods I wanted to try. I came along with my angel co workers, Luhan,Tao,Chen,Xiumin and Kris. We were in China at the time. I saw a sign saying dukkbokki so I ran towards it. 

On my way towards the stand, I bumped into a familiar looking girl. She looked very pretty. I stared at her for quite sometime until her sister came and yelled at me. 

"How dare you look at a little girl like that you e." She grabbed the wheelchair and rolled her away. I saw the girl turn her head to stare at me as if I was familiar to her too. I didn't understand what the problem was since I was only 15 years old. I was turning 16 in October. 

Luhan ran up to me and tugged my sweater wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"That girl, looks like Soojung. Her angel is Woohyun, the new leader." Tao said catching up to us. I shrugged not caring. I despised Woohyun and his friend Myungsoo. They annoyed me.