Chapter 6: Busy days

It's Love Story

Ah Young POV:

Two weeks later, we have final exam. I stir up myself to join variety of tutor class, but I don’t leave manga course, it’s still important to me. Lately, because I don’t have free day I can’t meet Jonghyun. We stayed away if we meet in school, because Bo Ram always by his side. If school done, we don’t have time to meet. Because we both busy with our own schedule. Beside final exam preparation, Jonghyun in preparation for his last basketball competition in his high school day. That competition will be held a week after the exam, so that competition is really important to him. Mr. school president, ah..two weeks ago he gave over his posision to the new Mr. school president, so I can’t call him Mr.school president. When we meet three days ago, I call him Mr. school president and he protested,

“You don’t know? from ten days ago, that title isn’t mine. So, call me by my name comfortably. You can right, Ah Young-ah?.” He must think that we already close, because in this busy days, we meet often in tutor class and extension class in school. He often says that he’ll take me home, but I refused it. But, it seems that he is not guy who will give up when you say no to him, he always follow me in my back if I walk home.

Early morning,  I go to my school rooftop for relaxation before busy day start. When I get there, there is someone who reading a manga with headphone that close his ears. “Why he came in early morning?,” I said it while walk closer to him, “Yah..this is my place, you know?,” he doesn’t know that I already by his side, I put down his headphone and turning his head to me.

“Yah..what are you doing,” he doesn’t realise it’s me who put down his head phone, “Ahh..mian..I don’t know it’s you. ”

“Why you come to school early morning?, there is something you wanna do?,” I ask him.

“Hmm..I want to talk with my friend, because lately I don’t have time to talk with my friend..in school we can’t talk because some promise, outside school we can’t met because our busy schedules. So, I think we can meet if I came to school early in the morning and come to her place,” he naturally put his hand aroud my shoulder, “and now we can talk.”

“So, it’s me?. Your friend who you want to talk with,” I’m pretending that I don’t know who he’s talking about, “I’m so touched.”

Aigoo..our Young-ie...,” he huging me tightly, it’s feel different from Jin So’s hug, “why I feel that we don’t see each other in a long time?.”

“What?, we see each other everyday in class,” I’m huging him too.

“Ahh..but we can’t talk, that’s why I feel that we don’t see each other in a long time,”  he letting go of my body and sit on the chair.

“What are you reading?, what kind of manga is that?, ” I take his manga, “Ah..romance, ” I sit beside him, I looking up the early morning sky, the sun rised one hours ago. We still silent, I want to talk to him badly, but when he’s by my side, why I can’t talk, but just feel happy.

“You get closer with Jin So, right?,” he broke the silent, but why that name came from your mouth all of sudden.

“No, not that close. I’m more closer to you than him,” he’s smriking.

“Your answer is like..’don’t be jealous to him,’ right?,” his response make me shocked, why is he thinking like that, “I’m happy. You can close with the other, beside me. Our Young-ie communication skill got better. You can make friend by yourself,” he said that while looking at the sky with a cute voice, and that time I looking at him, deeply. My communication skill?, I can communicate well. To me, I don’t know why..but in this school I feel uncomfortable when I close to anyone, except you.

He back to the class before the other come, and I stay in rooftop until the bell ring, doing my sketch for weekend manga class, yah, I finally mastered it, drawing manga and make manga story, this time I’m learning to make a manga character with computer program.

 

When this busy days end, will we comeback to our places?, when Jonghyun, my friend who always there when I call him, and I who always there when Jonghyun calls me. Or, we will stay like this, we close but we a part.             

Busy days finaly passed. Yeah, today it’s last day of final exam. Ah Young have her own farewell party with her rooftop, she sits on the chair and put her head on the desk. Then she walk to the wall and write something with red permanent marker, she draw a cute girl like manga character beside it,

“I will miss this place. Ah, is my new place have this kind of rooftop?,” she back to the chair and go up on the chair flinging out her hands and say, “it’s my last day seeing you, don’t miss me, okay?. From this day, I will have another busy days, so I can’t come,” she talk with the rooftop like a crazy person, “Eit, I must look like a crazy person.”

“Is it done?,” that voice, although they become closer, but Ah Young still uncomfortable with his sudden come like this time,  so Ah Young doesn’t give him a response, “if it’s done, can you came with me?. I have something to you,” he come closer to Ah Young.

“Don’t come closer,” Ah Young stop him before he see what she wrote on the wall, she get down from chair and come closer to Jin So, “you know that I’m still uncomfortable with your sudden come. Since when you are here?.”

“You will become more comfortable. Just now, when you talk by yourself like a crazy person.”

“Something for me?, what is that?,” he grabed Ah Young hand and pull her so she walk by his side, “let go of my hand before I bite your hand,” Ah Young still feel uncomfortable to whatever he does to her.

“Are you dog or what?, alright I will let it go. Follow me,” she follow him.

 

Ah Young writing on the rooftop wall:

Thank you for being my friend in my tired school days.

When he wont hear my stories, you replace him.

When I’m angry with some crazy people, you become

the ears who hear my anger. Although you don’t

responsed at all, but I’m still happy. You will keep

my secret right?. There are many secrets that I share with

you. About my feeling to my friend, about my jealousy to

his girlfriend and about my sketch that you saw.

I will come again if I decided to reveal my true

feeling to my friend, you will hear my story again right?.

If it’s happy ending, smile with me, but if it’s sad ending, cry with me...(K.A.Y)