Chapter 5: Part time job

It's Love Story

Today it’s Saturday, Ah Young have a weekend work for her ‘part time job’. Yesterday, Jjong messege her to came to the basketball’s team party, but because of request from someone to stay away from him, so she can’t come to that party.

“Saturday night we have party, you can join us.

You can make a lot of friends here”

“Sorry. I have job tomorrow. So I can’t join."

“Teacher, I’m so sorry. You must come to the course today, you can’t have a date with your girlfriend, right?.” She apologize to her teacher because sudden call from her. Yesterday night, she call him and beg him to have a class tonight, so he come tonight because Ah Young force him. Although only two months Ah Young take this class, but she already get along with her teacher,

“Firstly, your teacher doesn’t have a girlfriend. Your teacher had a wife. And, it’s okay. If there is extension course, so there are extension wage for me, right?,” he is teasing Ah Young. “So, can I see your manga drawing. Because start from today is your second months in here, so you must mastered it. ”

“I start to like drawing manga, but my drawing not that good. So...,” she open her new sketchbook and give it to her teacher.

“It’s better from before. So, he is the male character you want to make in your first manga?. He is handsome, you got inspiration to draw this face from who?, your boyfriend?,” he likes teasing Ah Young.

“Who is my boyfriend?, he is just...so, when I start to learn new thing about manga?, teacher said my drawing is better than before, right?,” Ah Young look around the class.

“Just draw another character, and I will teach you how to write a story in manga. For today, just fill this paper,” he give her a paper for drawing the character and make a story.

Ah Young finished her class today in 2 hours, when she pack her things, her teacher ask her,

“I’m getting curious, why you hide this from your friend?. Three days ago, I unintentionaly heard your phone call with your friend. You still in this place, but you said that you have a part time job?. Are you ashamed to join us in manga class?.”

“No, it’s not like that. It’s just, because I want give him a surprise gift for his 20 birthday. He really likes reading manga, so I want to write manga for him. So, I can’t say that I take manga class. He will suspicious to me,” she give her teacher the reason why she hide it.

“Ah..he is someone who will become you boyfriend in his 20 birthday?,” he teasing her again.

“Stop it, teacher. Don’t tease me again.”

“If you consider him as a friend, I think you will not do something like this. But, if you consider him as a friend who you love, it’s different right?,” her teacher doesn’t stop teasing her again and again.

“He has a girlfriend,” she said that with soft voice.

  •  

Jonghyun look to someone who sit on coach seat, he drag his friend and ask him  a question,

“Why Jin So sit on coach seat?, he keep an eye in our practice.”

“He said that because our coach can come today, so our course request him to come to our practice and report to him leter,” he know that because before he asked Jin So about that.

“What was that..?. That’s okay. But he wont join our party, right?, he must go home after this practice end,” Jonghyun come close to Jin So, “Yah..Oh Jin So, you can leave now. Our practice finished,” Jonghyun warned Jin So.

“After this, you all have party, right?. The coach told me to keep an eye on you all until  come home, ” he explain what the coach told to him before. Jonghyun look angry, it’s nonsense. He know that the competiton is closer, but it’s too much.

“Jonghyun-ah...,” Bo Ram call him and want him to join the other, Oh Jin So stand up and follow Jonghyun, “why you invite him to our party,” Bo Ram ask Jonghyun softly when she see Jin So come to their side.

“I don’t invite him, coach...why he do this to us?,” he take his bag and walk with the other, Bo Ram grab his hand and walk side by side.

The basketbal’s team and cheerleader’s team on their way to gogi jib to have a small party, Jin So follow them on their back. While Ah Young come out from convenience store nearby with banana milk in her right hand and plastic bag in her left hand, Jonghyun and Jin So see her,

“Young-ah..”Jonghyun call her. “Ah Young-ah,” and then Jin So, he come closer to Ah Young. Ah Young almost throw up her banana milk that she drank. What is this?, why Jonghyun and Jin So together? she thought.

“You said you have part time job tonight.” She look at Bo Ram who held Jonghyun’s hand.

“You can came join their party, you can accompany me, so I’m not alone again,” Jin So invite Ah Young without ask to the one who arrange the party.

“So, why are you there?. You join basketball team?,” Ah Young ask Jin So, “I wont come. My part time job just finished, and my mom wait for me in house, so I must go home,” she excuse herself and then left them, but suddenly Jin So follow her,

“Everyone, I wont join your party, so you can be free. I will report to Mr. Coach that you all go home safely after party,” he runs to Ah Young, “Ah Young-ah I’ll take you home,” Ah Young look back and push Jin So away.

“We are really lucky. Unexpected that Ah Young bring fortune to us, let’s go gogi jib is waiting for us,” the member of basketball said that.

Jonghyun still look to AhYoung’ s direction, his face look uneasy. Bo Ram look at him and rub his back, so he come to his sense.

“Jonghyun-ah, I’m here,” she remind him her request before, and Jonghyun come to his sense.

  •  

“So, you have part time job?, I don’t know about that,” Jin So talk to Ah Young on their way to bus station.

“And, I think, you don’t have to know about my part time job, right?. I will ride the bus from this station, so you can go home now, Mr. School president.” Ah Young order him to leave her.

“Nope, I’ll take you home. So, I’ll ride the bus with you,” he said that with wide smile in his face, and Ah Young really hate that smile. Ah Young hate whatever he do to her, she really don’t understand, “you must be happy, Mr. school president is in your side right now, ” he said cheesy thing.

“You really strange. Just go, I can go home by myself, I do that all alone everyday. So, you don’t have to take me home,” she ride the bus that will bring her home, Jin So follow her, “Yah...I already said to you right?,” Ah Young look angry.

“It’s same direction to my house, don’t think I follow you.” Ah Young calm herself. He just sit in her back, “wah, it’s your red sketchbook, your secret keeper. Ah Young-ah, can my face become one of filler for your sketchbook. Don’t draw only one person,” Ah-Young doesn’t give him response.

When Ah Young go down from the bus, Jin So stay in the bus, so Ah Young walk calmly to her home.

When Ah Young close the window, she saw Jonghyun in front of her house..

“Jjong-ah, why are you here?. It’s already 10 a.m,” she called him. Jonghyun call her and wave his hand, Ah Young close the window and go down to meet Jonghyun, “It’s late and it’s really cold outside. Wanna come in?,” she offer to him but he grab her hand and pull her body to get close with him,

“I want to eat ttokbuki with you, near here there is ttokbuki´stand, right?. Lets go, ” without her approval, he just pull her body.

In silent, they eat ttokbuki. Ah Young feel strange with Jonghyun’s behavior, what’s with him,

“So, Jin So already know your house?,” he break the silent with that question.

“Nope, he just see me until bus station, so he doesn’t know my house, why asked about that?,” Ah Young look at Jonghyun’s face.

“Nothing, just eat it. It’s delicious right?. So, what kind of part time job you do?, if you receive your first wage, you must treat me,” he smiled to her.

“I will treat you with my first wage, someday. Hehe,” Ah young smile awkwardly.

Ah Young chit chat with Jonghyun until late, but they don’t aware until Ah Young’s phone rang, her parent call her and want her to go home quickly.