Jae

COLOR RING

[JAE]

Why, thank you for that figures. Naturally, I’ll get back on that woman –of course, I will take back what’s mine. –I said to the person over the phone.

I just overheard that Yuri is now married to a man –good news is she doesn’t like the guy at all. Wow, would you look at that –I wonder what Yuri is up to now; inordinate playing with emotions. If she does not love him, why settle down for less? I will take her back, I need her. After I heard her engagement I was in ache –I want Yuri to be only mine.

At the moment, let me contemplate of a better disposition first, I will drive her towards me –like afore. Stealing somebody else’s wife is fairly a game for me to be tangled with. Let me predict, what magic did this young bachelor used to seduce my Yuri?

[YURI]

My support system called me over, they craved to hang out with me –scrupulously I like to be with them because I can air out anything I have in my heart. All my abhorrence for Seunghoon has gotten worse than before –it is just that he acts like a genuine lovey-dovey to me that pisses me off –plainly. Ugh, he is very poles apart from Jae–my love. Jae, speaking of him –where is he? Ever since I got tied up all I immersed was that he fled someplace abroad and by no means returned. How is he? Does he still desire for me? Because I want him so badly by my side until both of us can be blissful.

Unaccompanied in the house also Seunghoon is being busy; on second thought –I have to be available now. World-weariness filled me I cannot time lag for another minute so I outfitted myself as I was about to turn the front door’s knob, the imp entered.

Going anywhere? - Seunghoon.

Sure, why? – I replied.

Want me to come? You know, I can take you there. –Seunghoon.

 I can save money though.

No thanks, I’ll be going now and do not wait for me. –I said stepping up then an additional obstruction cracked.

Seunghoon is taking a call….

Yes, we’ll be there. Dead-on okay, I will parcel up. Bye-bye! –he said.

What’s that? He is also leaving? I took a huge guzzle on my gullet as I watch him walk up, is there a problem? Before he fully went up –he gazes at me and said…

Pack up, we’re leaving. –he said demandingly.

On the road to where? –I questioned.

Resort, Jinwoo summoned us. Now, start stuffing. –he replied.

You mean that friend of his, who is he and why is he so arduous? I exhaled in defeat, if I won’t go with him I know his associates will rear a suspicion if I am truthfully his wife or not. I conducted a message to my friends via text that I cannot come for the reason that I have alternative plans at the moment. I packed my essential bits and pieces then off we go to the car – away from the city however. I truly don’t know where we are going; all I know is that he articulated me about a resort.

[JAE]

I am on holiday as of the moment, good thing I heard about this new resort which is owned by a man named Jinwoo. Personally I do not distinguish him, I was not asked –I just accidentally read their pamphlet so I went here for amendment. Now that’s what I call realism.

It is a beach resort though, enjoyable scenery and quality of place. A good spot to unwind, take a break from the baffling work and a quixotic spot for honeymoon. Hold up, am I publicizing? Ha! Ha! Anyhow, going back to where I am –currently rambling the wayside while humming some tunes. I saw an automobile entering the gateways; must be a couple. I hassled back not of my inquisitiveness but of my eager to catnap –I’ve been walking for a long time now I want to repose some more.

Inside the resort, I went straight up to my cottage though.

[JINWOO]

Welcome! Welcome! –I said to my friend named Seunghoon and to his wife, Yuri.

Winner! This place is remarkable, Jinu. - Yuri wittily said.

Nothing but the best for my friend and to his wife; I summoned you two since…. –I said in a rousing manner.

Because? –Yuri asked.

Since you two have not set your honeymoon, as a considerate friend –I want you to devote your nights here. Also, all expenditures are free; you can use up whatever thing. –I favorably said.

Yuri by coincidence choked her self while Seunghoon sneered extensively.

Ah, I get it… you sought to be a godfather Jin. Ha! Ha! Ha! –Seunghoon said at me.

You got that right! Now off you go to your small house. I have to deal with some commerce, so long now! Plus, the group’s going to do a gig. –I said, leaving them.

[SEUGNHOON]

Jinwoo is a joker he made-up this just because we have not set our honeymoon. Ha! Ha! Good one, but this woman does not like the idea. I placed the bags on top of the closet –while Yuri is still wonderstruck with concerns to Jinwoo’s proposal.

How long are we going to be here? –she asked.

Long enough to start a family, hon. –I said, teasingly.

It is so attractive when she is fuming; actually she becomes rosy –like flushed.

You’re not going to be lured with that idea aren’t you? –she said.

No, I won’t be. In fact, we’ll only be here for a week. – I said.

Plus we’re sharing the bedstead again? –Yuri.

Uh-huh, that’s what pairs do. –I said, getting close to the bed.

I lay on the bed, and close my eyes for a bit –ah, she and I are gradually getting well. I hope this advance booking will bring us closer or so. The mid-afternoon took its throne while Yuri is still walking back and forth to the coast. I am of course is concocting for tonight –Jinwoo said there will be a presentation and a live posse plus other stuffs to smoothen the wind.

[YURI]

I’ll just walk around, okay? –I instructed Seunghoon.

He only nodded as a sign of reply. Wow! This resort is something you don’t see every day. As I reach the farthest area of this resort –I can see a hammock being tied up, nobody is using it so I will get a good nap.

Yuri, is it really you? –a man’s voice awakened me.

I opened my eyes… then…

Jae? –I replied.

Yes, it is him all right –alive and well. Yet why is he here? What does he want? Wait, this is it! The timing I have been waiting for –all my life.

I just happened to have some time of my own when I saw you, I got this hunch to be with you. –Jae added.

I miss you so much! –I said, giving him a hug.

We talked a lot –but I did not tell him about my marriage with Seunghoon. I know I must inform Jae the sooner the better. He asked for my number, I delightfully gave to him –I will see him again. For now, I have to get back or Seunghoon will raise suspicions of me.

[SEUNGHOON]

It is already night time, yeah –time for feast. Yuri and I joined the grand buffet feast nearby the beach; we’re here for a recreation alright. Okay, music to my ears –the live band is really setting the disposition for a very warm night. Yuri is sitting, while I am in at a distant –spotting her, there it is the ring I presented to her during our nuptial. It’s been a protracted time since she kept it. I did not take mine away from me because it is exceptional.

Hey Seunghoon! –Yuri yelled.

What? –I countered.

I am going now, it is getting late at night. –she said as she treads back into the cottage.

Without a word, I followed her back in the cottage to sleep. I can see her lying on the bed already –so I went to my other side to slumber. Hours passed by and I can sense that the lights are not off; the temperature’s getting warmer as well. Having no inklings I stood up opened the frames and set my eyes on the person sleeping –Yuri, why do you distaste me this much? I sigh in a prolong state; I could not take it anymore, I took off my top and tossed it on the chair at the junction. I just strained my whole body, I sat down then I stood up –walking and walking inside the room.

After few seconds, I went back to bed and laid –Yuri’s temple is sweating, must be the temperature. I gently wiped off the sweat which is deliberately dripping on her face –afterwards I dozed off.

 

7: JINWOO’S RESORT

[YURI]

I woke up with a sweet aroma engulfing my nose –what’s that eau de toilette? Ah, must be in a reverie. I turned at the other side; this is my day-to-day customary, before I go up I must turn to the other side where I did not sleep. As I turned, a work of art stunned my innocent judgments –it’s Seunghoon who is dead to the world, partially stripped. He is shirtless though; I can clearly see his physique –well sculpted and suitably built.

Okay, he is half . What?! Since when is he shirtless? Oh no! Don’t tell me while I was…

Ah! –I screamed.

Huh… morning. –Seunghoon said, half-roused still.

I shove him while I ran to the other place of the room.

What’s that for? –he inquired.

Ha! What did you do to me, huh?! Why are you half –where is your top? Did you tad me yester night or anything? –I asked.

Calm down, okay… last night was so hot… and then I began to sweat and you were also perspiring; so I took off my shirt. –he said.

Warm? Wetness and what is the implication?

Spit it out! –I said, covering my entire body.

The temperature’s hot got it? I cannot flutter an eyelid because it was so warm. So I removed off my shirt, contented now? –he replied.

So he did not touch me, a good relief.

On the other hand… it would have been so much better if I did. –he added, while chuckling.

Oh definitely not… you! – I said tossing the shirt on the chair beside me.

And that is how you start your sunup with your arch nemesis…

The identical scheme continued for the fading days, I thought this break is actually enjoyable until one case ensued. It is already near to close the week or should I say, Saturday is the diurnal and I am walking by myself at the shoreline –I sat down nearby the sand. Seunghoon is with the other people so I pardoned myself.

Lately, I have been marveling the only object that accords Seunghoon to me is this ring. I cannot fail to recall the day he gave this to me –because it is crammed with memoirs of revulsion, agony, unexplainable outlooks and oaths. I am just jesting. My reverie was taken aback when a hand taps my shoulder –it’s Seunghoon.

Yuri, shall we dance to the beat of the song? Some of my friends are going to perform. –he suggested.

Sure! I’d like to see how you’re peers jam too! –I replied.