An Unexpected Invitation

COLOR RING

[SEUNGHOON]

I got an invitation from an orphanage –I was told to give this to Yuri. I did not mind reading it because it was not for me in the prior state. I waited for Yuri to come back, I am so bored. Minutes later, she came back yet her face is flustered –as if something happened, yet she already got cue of the paper I am holding.

Is that… -she said, in a saddened noted

Yes, it is... –I said.

No, please don’t let me sign it! –Yuri shouted.

What is she thinking?!

It’s an invitation from an orphanage, why would I let you sign it? –I said.

Oh! It must be from Miss Choi. –Yuri reclaimed.

Her expressions are now stable, she grabs the paper and reads it –a wide smile is now plastered on her face.

What does it say? –I curiously asked.

Pack up, we’re joining a program. –Yuri ordered me as she ascended.

[YURI]

Seunghoon is with me now, we were invited by Miss Choi –the orphanage is holding its annual program for the less fortunate kids. This said event is made possible through the people’s warmth and grace for admiring the little orphanage.

Mrs. Lee! –Miss Choi called me.

Hi, this is my husband; Seunghoon. –I told her.

What a fine looking lad, now let’s go inside. –she escorted us.

My husband’s eyes are fixated, I do not know if have been into an orphanage or what. As for me, I am here to help out and enjoy –I must also make Seunghoon enjoy this day. We are being escorted inside the hall, the event will start in less than an hour –we made it on time.

I told Seunghoon to tour first because I might be a bit busy. He agreed and off he went –somewhere.

[SEUNGHOON]

I did not know that my wife used to be here, until Miss Choi told me every bit and pieces. I am fond of kids –I used to be a jolly lad long ago, now I am a fully matured man.

Mr. Lee, do you by chance would want to adopt a child? –Miss Choi asked me, as we continued to walk.

Come to think of it, what if Yuri and I are happily married, having our own kids?

Ah, good call Miss Choi. Yet, I think Yuri is not yet ready for that kind of matters, on my side –I am all open, I like kids. Somehow, I imagine a complete family –me, Yuri and our future kids. –I told Miss Choi.

There is a time for everything, be patient. Now, I have to prepare. –Miss Choi said as I was left out.

What if Yuri and I did not have to be like this?

I am now in the garden, where minority of the orphans are –I am quite pleased because some of them are practicing to dance, come to think of it, I haven’t put my skills to the test.

I know how to dance, let me teach you. –I told them.

Really mister, can you do that? –a boy asked me.

I nodded, I told them the basics and then I showed them some moves. We practiced for a short time then we were asked to go back now because the program will start soon. True to their words, the orphanage showcased the best talents of the kids; I cannot help but smile because the dance moves I taught to the kids turned out to be amazing!

I sensed something… -Yuri said at me.

What? –I replied, smiling.

Did you by chance teach them those moves? –Yuri.

Of course, I am fond of having kids. –I said smirking.

Ah, the event went like a bullet train due to the fact that we are now at the ends –meaning, the show is about to close, after that a buffet was held. We are now dining in the garden; I am sitting down on the luscious evergreens while Yuri is with the other staffs. Unexpectedly, a young boy approached me and talk to me.

Thank you today mister, you made us happy. –he said.

No, thank you little boy, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be contented. –I replied.

Don’t you have any children, sir? –he asked.

You see, I want to have one. –I retorted.

Yuri got sight of us then she treaded near us.

I think you two are going well. –she said.

Right Miss. Oh! Thanks again, and mister, can I call you daddy if you come back? –said the little boy.

I looked at him, then to Yuri…

Yes, you can call him daddy. –Yuri said as she taps the boy’s cheek.

The little boy got away and I was left with Yuri.

[YURI]

What’s with Seunghoon today? He became sad after that boy left or does he want to have a child?

Why so blue, honey? – I blurted.

Nothing, so how’s Miss Choi? –he added.

I know… you wanted to have a little Seunghoon as well, right? –I tempted him.

Eh? No! It’s not that… I … -Seunghoon is stuttering, how cute.

Don’t worry, we’ll get there soon, daddy. –I told him as I went away, grinning.