Not Now

COLOR RING

[TAEHYUN]

I am driving my car because I heard that Seunghoon is in the hospital, for a brief second I have no idea what really happened to that poor fellow of mine –I twisted to the corner and notice a familiar face; his wife –Yuri. I stopped by and let her in.

Where are we going, Taehyun? –she asked me, as if she is really hinting less.

To the hospital, urgent matter – it’s Seunghoon. –I told her.

What?! Why?! When?! –Yuri asked me with all of what ifs.

Look, I do not know either but I got a call from Mino. For some reason somebody informed him and disseminated it to all of us. –I replied, focusing on the highway.

Yuri became silent, she seems to be electrocuted.

[YURI]

Hyun told me that Seunghoon’s in the hospital –what happened to him?! Together with Hyun, I reached the said section and was entertained by a doctor. While Hyun is inside, I am being informed about Seunghoon’s state.

Mrs. Lee, your husband is in oblivion. He drowned himself, good thing his body was found by selected surfers and was brought here immediately. If not, he could’ve been much more severe. I believe these things belong to him, here take it. I will be monitoring his vitals for a couple of weeks –if he wakens, it is a miracle and if not, we have no other choice but to cut off the mechanism. –said the doctor as continued his rounds.

I became speechless. Am I still praiseworthy to be called his wife after what I did to him? I am the one who is to blame here! My bases are stuck on the ground - I could not bear this, certainly, I might dislike him but I did not wished for his early departure. I am such a fender bender! Jin already left – I am all alone. My mouth seems to tremble each time I look at him; my husband. I already accepted reality- he is my spouse. Jae fooled me; I put Seunghoon into this state while I safely played the playoffs.

I place the belongings nearby the table –I can see the rings we used to wear.

Seunghoon… no, it’s honey. Why did you do this? Please do not leave me, please… Jae was a bummer. You were right, I was misguided. Sorry if I did not believed you the moment you told me about everything. Honey, please wake up now… I miss you… Seunghoon! I beseech you, I know you are there –find the path for you to wake up! I am begging you; I express regret for all the pain I caused you. – I told him what is really the genuine content of my life sustaining organ; my heart.

I blubbered until there were no more tears to let out. The last thing I did before I drifted is that I put the wedding ring on his finger –so did I on my part.

[MR. HAN]

Alright, I will be there. –I told the doctor.

I got a call from the hospital where Seunghoon is restrained; I did not know what exactly happened but it dated three months ago where Yuri stayed with me –was there a bout with them? I swiftly rush my way into the hospice and found the said room.

Yuri is there, deskbound lifelessly. I escorted her out for a talk.

What happened? –I queried.

This is utterly my fault… -Yuri told me.

And that means? –I said at her.

Dad, you see… I made Seunghoon do this. I was responsible for his sinking; I did not like the day you told me I am getting married by this man. I envied him, hated him until I lost my roots, I deserted him… all this discomfort he is in was my doings. You see, he drowned himself because I found Jae; the one I love but then again the truth floated above the surface –Jae was just frolicking with me. Now that I learned my lesson, I … I do not want to lose Seunghoon! –Yuri told me those virulent things she has been keeping.

You… did… this to your own… husband?! –I was in rage.

But trust me; I did not want any of this. Dad, I don’t want to lose my husband. I am confused if I love him or what... but I don’t want him to die! –Yuri is now leaning her back on the wall, desperate.

Quiet now… you love Seunghoon alright, be confident! Seunghoon will live on. – I comforted her.