That Sinking Feeling

COLOR RING

[SEUNGHOON]

I am here in a secluded resort; not of my friends’ property, for the preceding three months now I am drained.

Missing her is all that I have been feeling, I already called Mr. Kim; Yuri’s dad. He told me that his daughter is doing fine –while I continued my play-acting as if I am really on a business meeting, yet no.

Tonight, it will end here – I drink another bottle and throw it at the depths. Why can’t Yuri give me a notice even the proof that Jae is feigning out?! I am at forfeiture; this battle is my total liability.  I cannot take another step, I must end my life… in that way, and she won’t cry and be troubled.

I continued to step into the gloomy sea whose waves are churning –ready to consume me; I went deeper and deeper; until I sank myself –not thoughtful about the future.

[YURI]

Three months passed by –moreover I am officially backed at the house. I opened the door, went in unloaded my stuffs then a folder fell on the floor. I remember this! Dad wants me to deliver this to the office –I am such a forgetful fellow. I hurriedly changed my clothing –to the office.

Good day! May I help you? –said the receptionist.

Wow! I’ve never been to the company building of the Lee.

Hi, I am Mrs. Lee –wife of Mr. Lee, I got this folder to be delivered by Mr. Han. –I politely explained.

Oh Mrs. Lee, my apologies for not recognizing you –please proceed to the fourth floor. Someone will get this folder for you, thanks. –added the receptionist.

Thanks –I replied.

Anyway, I am still awed by its design –sleek and chic. I immediately go to the fourth floor after I signed the documents, I go back to the outside area then a cutie met my eyes –it is none other than Jinwoo himself.

Jinu! –I cheerfully yelped.

My, Yuri! Glad to see you here, want to grab something to eat? –he said.

I simply nod –he and I gathered some stuffs to eat, we talk about few things especially the case between me and Seunghoon which is hard to escape. He cheered me up, sometimes I wondered what would have been my life without these amazing people –Jinwoo’s one of them for the record.

We bade goodbye I am now on my way back to the house. Suddenly, a man in leather jacket approaches me as I went off the taxi.

Are you Mrs. Lee? –he said.

Yeah, come to think of it –I am still Mrs. Lee and Seunghoon did not even give me a plea.

Yes, what is it? – I said.

This is for your husband; tell him the job is done. Thanks. –he said as he went away.

He gave me a folder. Seems intriguing, I wonder what it is. I sat at the stairs and opened it –to my surprise, the contents are photos of Jae dating another woman. Smooching, tongue-in-cheek, flirting and all!

What kind prank is this?! – I said, throwing up the proofs.

I kept the photos and got changed. Seunghoon is not around for the mean time but I know what he is up to. I went to the address that Jae sent to me while we were in good terms back at the resort. I followed my instincts, unknowingly trusting both parties.

I knock on the door and a woman welcomed me –she is about my age, I kept my profile in discreet as well. I can see Jae sitting down and I confronted him… he took me outside the house and there we chat.

What is the meaning of this?! – I told him, handling some photos.

Oh, that? Aren’t you a bit delayed Yuri? –Jae replied.

What do you mean?! –I indignantly said.

I was just playing with you… do you think that I would want you to be my girl? Look, you already have that rich lad; I do not love you any longer, I was doing this game to hurt you… like you did to me. –Jae said.

I cannot believe it! He is on the lookout for vengeance… Seunghoon was accurate.

You know that I had no choice, Jae. – I replied.

No! You had a choice –but your mind chose him. Now, tell me how hurting is it to play with a heart? On the brighter side, you are losing him and so am I –where will you go now, huh?! –Jae said, as he went back in.

He left me outside like a strayed dog.

I was shut for a moment –Seunghoon was correct, I made a mistake. I injured him, no, I abandoned my husband. My strength eventually diminished as I continued to walk this empty street –due to my fear, I cried out sitting down on the concrete pavement. I cried in pain.