The Wedding

COLOR RING

[SEUNGHOON]

Do you take Mr. Lee as you dearly loved husband to be cherished in sickness and in health, forever? –held the priest.

Today is my wedding day and my wife-to-be named Han Yuri; I am so thrilled because I am this close to be with the woman whom I love. The entire sundry is here –family, friends and other confreres. I am uneasy for I cannot clearly narrate what I feel. At the moment I still wanted to hear those words that a lady would say in front of her groom.

I do –Yuri said.

Affirmative! I am the cheeriest fella alive at length. This woman finally spoke those verses in front of the people who are here today, I am contented.

Now, it is my turn to say the vow.

Mr. Lee, do you take this woman who will become part of your life as your lawfully dearly loved wife to be… -said the priest, but the excitement upsurge within me.

I do. –I replied eagerly.

Let me finish first, okay? –said the priest.

Oh, right. I am sorry. –I apologetically acted.

A chap in love is oozing with feels.

Now, do you take this woman to be your lawfully beloved wife whom you will cherish in sickness and in health, forever? –countered the priest.

I do and I will abide with these laws. –I added after he countered back.

Then ladies and gentlemen, let me phonate that these two are now husband and wife. You may now seal it with a kiss. –replied the priest, smiling.

Applauses can be heard throughout the whole church but as a replacement for giving her a kiss –I simply hug her firmly, hearing these words from her…

If you will kiss me I will make sure you will be lamented later. –Yuri lightly whispered at me.

I get it. I won’t even dare to touch you. –I added.

Ugh! Let us get this over; can’t you see that I am worn-out already? –she said softly.

I put a counterfeit smile in front of the entire crowd; certainly I am now officially married to the lady that I love. Hitherto, this woman I am talking about does not love me at all –not a square foot nor an inch. Well it is a convoluted love story to postulate.

For the period of reception, people are busy doing their own business –I decided not to meddle with it, both Yuri and I are sitting in front of the whole crowd; laying an act also faking smiles as shared. Until one man gathered his own guts to ask us a question.

Seunghoon, how come you did not kiss your wife back there? –he asked.

I did not know what to riposte –should I tell him that she is going to slaughter me if I did or whatsoever?

We are saving it for the honeymoon, aren’t we honey? –Yuri said looking at me plus playacting so I could go with the flow.

Yes… it is the most passionate date ever for us, so leave it that way. – I supplemented to divert the guest’s attention.

I simply smiled even if Yuri said it in order to dissuade that man’s cue. After the reception, we directly go back to our house. Uh-huh, we also have our own house now; sad to say we only have one bedroom, a guest room and my office on the second level –that means Yuri and I will be sharing it until the period’s decision.

Inside the house they are in the living room so far.

Thanks for that one. –I said.

All that jazz Seunghoon! Look, I may be carrying your surname from now on ‘til I don’t know. But then again, let me express this to you… there will be no touching get it? We may be husband-and-wife however it only applies on the paper we signed earlier, aside from that –there is nothing we have in common. Understand? –Yuri said it; she has been in rage even before we got married.

I know you do not have to slap it over and over again in my face Yuri. You know why I am doing this to you, right? I do not give a damn if you won’t love me or if you’ll dislike me for doing this to you, just hear me out… it sounds so cliché but I like you! Please, I do hope by the time’s end you will be able to value these things too. –I responded in a lifeless manner.

Like that I care about and it will not happen! I won’t love somebody who only thinks about himself to satisfy his own greediness as well as vanity. I am going to bed now. –Yuri noted at me.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the renowned husband-and-wife brawl.

[YURI]

My name is Han Yuri, tonight is the most unpleasant nighttime of my existence. First off, I got wedded to this guy –Lee Seunghoon whom I do not by an inch love with my entire core. Secondly, I am part-taking this room with him, although it is quite huge for both of us but it only have one bed. Third, I regretted calling him “honey” at the reception! It makes me spew to dredge up and fourth –will I ever survive this type of life?

Falsifying up is not my mechanism –nor so incessantly. Then o’er all of this is for the sake of my family plus to my dad that I really treasure with my entire life. You see, the solitary reason why I married this arrogant punk is because of a settlement which was the zaniest supposition ever transpired to me.

I will turn off the lights now, good night. –Seunghoon.

Why should I be compassionate at him anyway? Questions filled my brain like jigsaw puzzle. I did not respond, let him be. Also I turned my back against him; so he cannot communicate with me. I closed my weary-some eyes, then I opened them again –I contemplated about the brief background of my monster husband or Seunghoon alone. He is a great man then again little about him is that Seunghoon is the heir of a prominent corporation; L Corp., surely –he is a rich kid, spoiled as well as irritating.

The story sandwiched between me and he started on the first year of my university life. His popularity for being a dancer filled the campus’ domain like a perfect storm. I did not mind him for the reason that I hate people who are so full of their own self. Thus we were classmates back then for one subject, then our teacher observed our actions –because Seunghoon was so determined in showing off. Our teacher even told me that Seunghoon will be the man whom I will be marrying in due time. Eventually, Seunghoon persuaded me to be his mademoiselle. I denied at first but he became persistent in sending me love notes, plus he even went to my house to ask for my parents’ authorization.

I became engrossed, sick of his antics. Actually, it was not only Seunghoon who became my suitor during those days there is also one guy whom I really like the most. His name is Jae dead-on. He is the aggregate opposite of this punk beside me; I kept Jae under my radar while I kept on ignoring Seunghoon. Days went by then I told Jae that he is the one I love, basically Seunghoon was thrown out.

That wraps my short background about this guy –Seunghoon.

The next day, the sunshine is creeping inside the room. Wow, it is morning already I turned at the other side of the bed yet to my surprise Seunghoon is not there! Where could he be? Did he realize that I do not like him? Ha! I hastily went downstairs after I changed my clothing to consume breakfast –but my excitement went down like the stock market. Seunghoon’s irksome smile is there on his face; the table is also set for someone to eat.

Who mad all of these? It is hard to believe if it is going to be him –Seunghoon, alright. I took my place facing him at the other end so that there will be distance between both of us.

Good morning, honey. –Seunghoon.

Earnestly, I am in doubt of sheeting down this searing coffee at his back or anything?

Do not start with that at this level Seunghoon, I am not in the frame of mind to converse with you. – I said.

Did you sleep well last night? –he asked.

When will ever learn?!

It is none of your business, now if you cannot shut that tongue of yours –better leave the table. –I answered mordantly.

Silence filled the house; I continued to eat as he is also eating. Guessed he did prepare this breakfast.  After few minutes, Seunghoon looks at his wrist watch then he stands up, grabs the case nearby the other table then walks to the door.

Where are you going? –I asked him.

It is none of your business, Yuri. –he said.

The door closes then I am left alone. It was my first time being talked back like that I was not offended but a little bit unwilling to hear it from him… by some means of not knowing why.