Chapter 3: Hey, Dude!

Impatients

 

“Hyesung.....Shin Hyesung....Hyesungie-ya...” a deep voice sang in different forms of his name. What time was it? When did Jin leave? Who the hell was rude enough to wake him in such an aggravating way? He opened his eyes and glared.

“You.”

There stood a tall handsome man with short spiked black hair, a very mature look despite his childish behavior. Oozing charisma with a strong aura that demanded respect, Dr. Eric Mun had a reputation for being an excellent young doctor with a very unpredictable personality. Not the type of man to easily witness the suffering of others despite his job, he always did his best to make his patients feel familiar and comfortable around him. Even going so far as to allow the choosing of formalities in speech, people can't easily guess that he's a doctor. You could go as far as saying that some still think that he's just a long-term patient who owns a lab coat. Hyesung still wonders to this day how the man got his job.

“Ah, you always greet me with such a pleasant face.” he smiled standing at his bedside with three other doctors from his team. Seeing this, Hyesung his back and sat up, rubbing his eyes and smoothing his hair down. He bowed his head to each of them and they did the same.

“Good morning Dr.” he winced.

Calling me such an embarrassing nickname in front of his colleagues. This guy has no sense of decency. He rambled angrily in his mind while glaring at Eric from the corner of his eye. Eric chuckled while looking over the papers attached to a clipboard in his hands.

So cute. He laughed to himself as if knowing what he was thinking. Hyesung mumbled something under his breath. Hardly containing his laughter Eric cleared his throat.

“Well, how is your leg doing these days Hyesung-ssi? How was it over the weekend?” he asked putting on a serious face as if changing personalities the moment he began to focus on the task at hand.

“Okay I guess.” sighed Hyesung. “It still feels heavy but it's slowly getting easier to move.”

“Do you feel that you want to try a bit more physical therapy today? Gotta be better than hanging out in here all day.”

“I can try.” he said rolling his eyes.

“Good to hear.” he smiled. “It should be even easier to move once you lose a bit more fluid off of it You lost a liter over the last two days and we're considering upping your dose of the water pills slightly.”

“Have you experienced any nausea, fever, dryness of the mouth, shortness of breath...?” asked a female doctor to which he shook his head no. “All your vitals are fine and you seem well. Then it seems we can risk it, just a small increase for now. We want to see you get better and I think with this you can. It shouldn't hinder your therapy any further.”

“You hear that?” remarked Eric happily as if the news was meant for him. “Keep this up and you'll be running pass us all in no time!” Bursting out in a hardy laugh the others laughed awkwardly with him. Hyesung smirked thinking of how embarrassed that must have been despite their admiration.

“Yes, maybe.” he smiled.

“That's the spirit.” Eric grinned. “We'll be going then. Be sure to try your best but don't push yourself too much and eat a good breakfast that will get you goin'.”

Hyesung nodded. “I will. Thank you doctor.”

Eric smiled at Hyesung once more before leaving the room and gestured his team to follow, leaving without another word. Hyesung peered over at the table where he and Jin sat and saw nothing but the food Andy had prepared. Getting up he noticed a note attached. Half the food was gone and the note signed by Jin read:

There are people who care this much about you.

He truly made this with care so enjoy it and thank him for us both.

Tell him it was delicious!

Good luck with therapy today.

I'll call you later.

Hyesungie Hwaiting ^^!

-Jinnie-ya <3-

Quietly he stood staring at the note, contemplating the message. After a few moments, he smiled and gently grazed over the covered food with his hand, truly admiring it.

Yeah. I'll try.