Chapter 18: Sharing Forever

Impatients

Hyesung's clothes and things were all packed and one by one the suitcases were placed into the trunk of Jun-Jin's car. It was time to leave the rehab finally. He could feel a tremendous weight lifting from his shoulders, but at the same time he was plagued with sadness. He faced a lot of pain during his stay, but thanks to those who cared for him and thoughtful staff who carried out their duties with sincerity he felt twice as much love.

He watched lovingly as Dongwan and Andy put his luggage into the back of the car while Jin instructed them where and how. Everyone came out to see him off. Dongwan and Andy waited around after their shifts. Eric avoided his shift. Shin-yeong came out to give him a thoughtful care package and her email. Of course she couldn't resist teasing him about his new lover before saying goodbye to start her shift. Even Minwoo on his day off, despite any bitterness that could remain, came out to see him.

Heading to the new castle huh.” hinted Minwoo standing beside Jin.

Whatever.” he spat. “I'll be sure to invite you someday.”

Ah, might wanna be careful with that.” Minwoo dared boldly. “Your resolve seemed too weak so I decided to stick around and challenge it.”

Is that a threat?” Jin inquired with a fire in his eyes.

Did I say that?” Minwoo responded innocently. “I wouldn't dream of it. But then again it's gonna be pretty hard to resist. He's such a great kisser after all.”

Eish!”

Hyesung ignored the two rivals who actually seemed to be having fun while play fighting. He didn't understand this business about a castle but felt that somehow he didn't wanna know, as long as those two were getting along. Andy slammed the trunk door shut after Dongwan put the last bag in the car. He approached them smiling.

Thanks guys...for everything.”

Not a problem.” replied Andy gleefully. “Let's hang out sometime in the future. Jin is great and all but I feel like you need people to take care of you. I am a nurse after all.”

Right?” agreed Dongwan laughing. “And you need a partner when you start your taekwondo training again. Plus you owe me a match.”

Nonsense!” Eric cut in planting himself in-between Dongwan and Andy while hanging off their shoulders. “You've got the great Dr. Mun looking out for you. These guys aren't nearly as fun either. Ne, Hyesungie-ya?”

That's one way to put it.” Hyesung remarked sarcastically.

See? He agrees.”

I don't think he was agreeing with you.” Dongwan suggested.

Definitely not.” chuckled Andy.

Ya!” The two laughed joking among themselves as the childish doctor pestered Hyesung for a satisfactory answer.

When was the last time he laughed so hard? Did he ever experience being completely relaxed being surrounded by a group of people? The people in his life now filled him with so much unchained joy that his cheeks hurt from smiling so much. He would never let them go, never hurt them or let them be hurt. He could truly be himself now. Looking at them, he would never forget it.

As the day came to a close he said his goodbyes to each of them. Hyesung felt overjoyed and excited going home with his lover and friend at his side. He peered up at the sky from the window as they rode through the busy streets of Seoul.

Are you alright Hyesung?” asked Jun-jin noticing his longing stare. Hyesung turned and leaned over planting a kiss on his cheek then held his hand.

Maybe i'm just feeling a little impatient.” he replied mischevously.

Oh really?” Jun-jin grinned squeezing his hand tightly. “Don't worry. We'll be home soon.”

I know.” he smiled.

Jin turned his eyes back to focus on his driving. Hyesung sighed deeply, relaxing in his seat. It had been a long day. His body felt heavy as he continued to watch the colors fade in the sky. The sunset was truly beautiful. He remembered how much now as he slipped into unconsciousness.

The colors in their many changing hues, all blended throughout soft clouds undefined by lines or borders. They eventually fade into that endless deep blue, disappearing together into the distance. But the sun rises again, and those colors are reborn in new tones and shades more radiant than before. It will always rise again, to start a new day and bring light to a new future. Painting the skies in a mirage of colors once again......

END

NOTE: I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it. Feel free to leave any final thoughts and criticisms in the comments. Thanks for reading ^o^ <3