Chapter 17: Only One

Impatients

Hyesung found himself staring at those same fading waves of coral pink, magenta and tangerine clouds across the sky. What used to be a great comfort was now reduced to haunting repetition. A reminder that this escape was a lie. He was always in the same mental place sitting in front of the same window over the last year. Except now he was actually aware of it. He was starting to miss denial.

I'll figure something out.”

Yeah. That's what he said but who was he trying to fool? He lost his job. His father disowned him and kicked him out. His savings were low. He pushed his only friends away. He let out an exhausted sigh and hung his head back

Genius. ing genius.

The door to his room suddenly swung open. Startled by the intrusion he almost choked while hanging. Lifting his head he gasped while the door slammed shut. Hearing footsteps marching towards him he whirled around to see Jun-jin breathlessly coming towards him.

Jin-ah!” he exclaimed as he watched his friend's briefcase drop to the floor.

I couldn't wait. I really tried but I couldn't.” insisted the irrational man.

Upon reaching him Jun-jin bent down and clasped Hyesung's face. Before getting the chance to speak Hyesung's lips were claimed. Wide-eyed Hyesung's pale cheeks faded from pale to pink as he received all the passion and intensity Jin could muster. After his initial surprise he closed his eyes and gave the same back to him. A satisfied groan escaped Jin as he parted their lips, slipping in his tongue to claim the other's. Jin's hands slipped down the frail man's body circling his back as he leaned over moving his head to deepen the kiss. Hyesung slid his hands around Jin's neck and twisted his fingers into his hair making him tremble. He drew away and gasped.

Wow. That was...intense.” Hyesung blurted out thoughtlessly. Hearing his own words his cheeks reddened even more. “I-I mean...uhm....ya!”

Ah, too cute.” Jin laughed placing a peck on his forehead.

Ya!” Hyesung scowled with actual anger behind it that time.

Hyesung-ssi...” Jin kneeled down and clasped his hands, bringing them to his lips. Hyesung stared at him bashfully as he placed a tender kiss on his knuckles

What...all of a sudden?” he managed to ask.

Don't play coy.” Jin insisted. “I know now. Minwoo told me.”

He did?” he asked recalling their small tryst and averting his eyes. “What did he tell you exactly?”

All I need to know.” he smiled happily. Noticing the aversion his smile dropped. “Was there more?”

...Ne...” he confessed now feeling vulnerable and guilty. “Actually we..made out a little. But I don't want that. I don't want him. I want...”

Jun-jin stood up silently.

I want to start off honestly.” Hyesung continued. The blush faded from his face and he looked down at the floor. He swallowed hard before talking again. “I'm sorry. If you don't want to be involved because of this, I understand.”

Wow.” smirked Jun-jin. “You've become so bold. Color me surprised.”

Surprised and confused by his response Hyesung glanced up at Jin, who had a perplexing grin spread across his face. He grabbed his hand and pulled him from his seat. Leading him to his bed he sat him down and pushed him down on his back. Hitting the mattress with a hard thud he cried out.

What the fu-”

His mouth was claimed quickly as Jin descended leading him into a kiss he couldn't help but surrender to. Slow,. Soft. Feverish. Possessive. Jin curled and arched his back while bringing his hips in-between Hyesung's thighs and pressing against him. Hyesung moaned and gripped at the sheets beside him. Breaking the kiss, Jin lifted his head, surveying the man beneath him. Hyesung stared up drearily, panting.

I'll help you forget it,” Jun-jin said in a daze, his eyes mystified with lust. He lifted Hyesung's hand to his neck and trembled while gliding it down to his chest. To his heart. “When we get home, I'll make sure that your body knows only me. Every bit of me belongs to you.”

Hyesung could feel his heart pounding just as aggressively as his own. His hand burned like the rest of his body. He wanted to be possessed by him, to set himself free in his embrace. He needed this man beside him. Suddenly a word struck him.

Wait...” Hyesung said snapping out of their fantasy. “...home?”

Yeah.” Jun-jin beamed with pride. “I worked my way up to a promotion. You didn't think iI would let you go homeless did you?”

Hyesung blinked, dumbfounded. It made sense that he knew about his situation even more than anyone else, but for another person to go so far for him....He was touched and speechless.

I already moved.” he informed him. “That's why I wasn't here for a while. It's the same price as the place I was renting but a 2 bedroom. Before anything else you're my friend. Even if you didn't choose me...even if I would have to bear seeing you with another man, I...”

Jin hesitated, feeling the pain of that distant possibility. The thought was unbearable. After the feeling subsided he smiled and gently caressed Hyesung's cheek.

I would have done it for you. I'd do anything for you.”

Hyesung looked away.

Well, you don't have to worry about that.” he reassured him shyly.

Jun-jin leaned down and kissed his exposed neck sending chills down his spine.

I know.” he whispered against his skin. “My princess...”

Princess?!” Hyesung exclaimed angrily pushing him away.

It's an inside joke.” he chuckled.

Inside? With who?”

Jin laughed hysterically protecting his secret, trying to kiss his angered lover more as he fought to push him off spouting every curse word in his arsenal. They were too loud to notice the knocking at the door.

Hyesung-ssi...” came the voice of Andy who cautiously opened the door and was surprised by what he saw. They stopped their playing when they noticed his presence. Jin fell over as Hyesung sprung up and bowed towards him.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.” he apologized frantically. “Please forget-”

It's fine.” Andy waved. He walked over to the bedside and sat a small clear cup of pills down and flashed them a smile. Jun-jin grinned, laying comfortably on the bed while looking over to Hyesung who was still standing awkwardly.

Like a deer in headlights. He thought. It was hard not to chuckle. Hearing his failed attempt Hyesung made a fist and glared. It only made him laugh harder.

So.” coughed Andy. “Just came to give you your meds. Didn't mean to interrupt but I'll be in trouble if you don't take them. I know you will so I'm not gonna stick around. Later.”

Not looking back as promised he scurried out of the room and pulled the door shut behind him. Of course after that Hyesung was too embarrassed and pissed to tolerate any form of affection. The mood was completely ruined. Jun-jin complied with Hyesung's whims despite his disappointment. They sat together at the table and instead spent their time discussing plans for the near future.