Chapter 5

Online Friend...?

Your POV

 

Ilhoon is in California now. Jung Ilhoon is in California. And he will only be back once his parent's drama is done. You heaved out a sigh and looked out of the window. Ilhoon told you that the only ones taking care of his house is the butlers and maids. That also explains why the house is still lighted. Though there is no media outside his house because this whole estate is somewhat guarded at the entrance. In fact, he had withdrew from taking the Degree. You got no one with you in school now. You dragged your body to the walk in wardrobe and grabbed whichever to change. You couldn't sleep well last night because you can't help but to worry about him.

 

 

              "Baby, Mum had cooked breakfast for you," Mum told you as you walked down the stairs.

        

You nodded and walked to the dinner table. Indeed she had cooked some Korean pancakes for you and Dad. You sat next to your father, and placed your bag on the floor. Mum served you the pancakes and you looked at the pancakes.

 

            "What's wrong, baby? You seem so gloomy today," Mum looked at you.

            "Nothing, Mum," you smiled at her and dig in your food.

 

Mum, what does honour play in this society? Why does Ilhoon have to suffer even though his parents are at fault? I don't understand. Is honour really a big issue?

 

            "Are you sure?" Dad looked at you.

 

You hummed in return as you stuffed a piece of pancake into your mouth.

 

          "If you feel lonely without Ilhoon, you can withdraw," Mum uttered under her breath.

          "Study week is in a week's time. Two weeks of studying before my finals and I see no point why I should withdraw," you told her.

          "Then, after getting Masters, where will you go?" Dad asked.

          "I'm big enough to know what I want, Dad," you answered immediately.

 

Even you don't know what you want. To say the truth, you are feeling this way because you dread school without Ilhoon. You finished one pancake, hugged your Mum and then left for school. Dad is always sending you to school since he knows that you and Ilhoon kept a secret from the students in university. The ride was awfully quiet and dead. And you absolutely hate quiet environments. It makes you feel anxious - as though the other party is irritated at you for some unknown reason.

 

        "Did I pissed you off?" you looked at Dad.

        "Ani," he answered with his calm demeanor. "I just know what is going on in your little head and I'm asking myself too."

        "What is going on in my head?" you can't help but to ask.

 

Between Mum and Dad, Dad is more closer to you as he able to read your moves and mind like an open book. Ilhoon saw it as a talent as he and Mum can't read you and your moves. To them, you're unpredictable but Dad can foresee your moves even before you make them. In fact, if you were to rage in anger, only Dad is capable of calming you down. He is able to get on your last nerve and press the correct button, if he have to. But at this rate, seeing how smart Jiyong is, you know he is capable of getting on your last nerve too.

 

        "What role does honour play in this society?" he replied.

 

Ah, yes. That question.

 

        "Do you have an answer?" you asked him.

        "As of now, I don't. But I see your point," he told you.

        "Will it get answered one day?" you turned your head and looked outside.

        "If you want an answer, you will seek for it," he replied. "And we are here."

 

You nodded, "Thanks for ride, Dad." He hugged you in return before you left and go for class. Well, this university is always bustling with humans but you don't communicate much with the people because you want it to get done and over with. As soon as you entered the class, you immediately sat at the back of class and took out your phone. Your phone's notification light was blinking. You pulled down the notification bar and looked at which soul decide to seek trouble with you early in the morning.

 

An unknown number…?

 

You read the text message.

 

Is it possible to lie without saying anything?

 

….Kwon Jiyong….

 

You immediately replied that text message.

 

Are you Jiyong?

 

And you received a quick and immediate reply. He must have been really bored.

 

You missed out a honorific though.

 

Well, it's you then.

 

Yes, yes, it's me. But can't you call me "Oppa" at least?

 

It is possible to lie without saying anything. Because by keeping quiet and not saying anything is not avoiding, especially if you know the truth. It is considered lying to me, even though dictionaries only said otherwise - which both of you and I know how they describe lying. As long as you know the truth, whatever is going on, and you're not speaking up for some unknown reason, it is considered lying. I'd rather get stabbed by the painful truth than to be pampered with a lie.

 

Seriously? Fine, one day I will make you call me "Oppa". And as for your question… No one ever liked getting pampered by a lie. Lying come in any forms - be it speaking, keeping quiet or avoiding.

 

Then, let me ask you question in return. Is it okay to tell white lies?

 

A lie is still a lie to me. Be it a white lie or not. Even if the truth can cripple me, I am not going to entertain to any lies.

 

I see…

 

Where are you now? Class?

 

Yeah. I only have a class today.

 

What time your class ends? Want to meet up?

 

Why?

 

Spending time with you allows me to think and we can share each other's views. And we are better at thinking broader and out-of-box.

 

So, you want to spend time with me?

 

Why not? You free?

 

Yeah, I am. Where do you want to meet?

 

Can't I just fetch you instead?

 

I don't need any instant popularity. These kids doesn't know that I'm a chaebol and I would like to keep it that way.

 

Then, I will come with a YG Van. Which university was it again?

 

Where are you taking me?

 

For me to know, for you to find out. :)

 

….. I will tell you which entrance to get me….

 

Yes, yes. Thank you, Kim Hana.

 

You're welcome.

 

 

 

You looked around the interior of the YG Van. It feels comfortable yet weird. Jiyong is already comfortably seated next to you as the driver drove to whichever destination Jiyong had in mind.

 

          "Where are we going?" you asked.

          "My house," he answered.

 

You frowned, "What for?" He turned his head and looked at you, "We are going to spend some time together." You heaved out a sigh and looked out of the car window. With Jiyong living his title as G-Dragon, you know you shouldn't be surprised with what type of apartment he has. Well, you're just going to assume it's an apartment anyway. And… Apparently, you're correct.

 

         

        "So, what can I get for you, Hana?" Jiyong asked as he walked to the kitchen.

        "I'm fine with anything…" you uttered as you looked around the living room after putting your bag on the sofa.

 

You walked to a framed portrait of a lion and a lioness in black and white. The lioness was sitting and glaring at the camera, probably ready to pounce on the photographer. Meanwhile, the lion is behind the lioness' head; his eyes only visible and is also glaring at the camera. It is just a picture but you could feel the tension the photographer had while snapping this picture. But at the same time, you can't help to adore the fierceness of the picture itself.

 

        "I see you have found my favourite portrait," Jiyong said as he walked to you, handing a cup to you and holding one for himself.

 

You hummed in return and uttered a thank you while taking the cup. You took a sip of the drink - it's an orange fizzy drink while looking at the picture.

 

        "What can you decipher from the picture?" he asked as he took a sip as well.

        "If you mess with the lioness, you will also mess with the lion. It's the same thing as if you mess with my girlfriend, you are messing with me which is the same as husband and wife," you answered.

        "Nice~," he praised you.

        "What's your reason for getting this portrait?" you asked him.

        "First, my horoscope is Leo, the lions. Second, I happen to like this picture. Third, the same reason as yours," he answered.

        "I see…" you nodded before walking off and sitting on the sofa.

        "What's your horoscope?" Jiyong asked as he followed you.

        "What's your guess?" you looked at him.

        "I don't know," he shrugged. "Give me a hint."

        "The twins," you answered and looked at him.

        "Gemini?" he asked.

        "You do know about horoscopes…" you raised your eyebrows and took another sip of your drink.

        "Nah, we have dancers who are twins so we refer them as Gemini in general," he answered.

 

I see… The Kwon twins…

 

You hummed in return. He sat on the sofa, next to you. "So, how should we start the conversation?" he asked. You placed the cup on the table and looked at him before looking around the living room.

 

         "Nightmares lights the way to your dream," you uttered. "Counter this."

         "Nightmares indeed lights the way to your dream. Without nightmares, you won't know the differences between pain and pleasure," he answered.

        

True… You need pain in order to learn… You need to understand pain and live in a nightmare before you understand a dream… But nightmares are haunting; scary creatures. We seek refuge in beautiful dreams but when there is a nightmare which pulls us into the dark, our soul are badly consumed and we seek nothing but trying to wake ourselves up because we couldn't handle the fear. Fear is a trap - if you fall into it, you are basically eaten up by those monsters in you. But if you stands up against it, that is when you learn what is the actual identities of those horrific monsters.

 

          "What happened?"

 

Jiyong's voice pulled you out of your train of thoughts and you immediately looked at him. His eyes was filled with concern and worry, eyebrows frowning - as though something huge just happened to you. You heaved out a sigh and diverted your attention somewhere else.

 

          "Nothing… Just got caught up in my thoughts…" you uttered.

          "You want to know something?" you heard him asked you.

 

You turned your head towards him, his body was leaned  forward and his arms were rested on his thighs respectively. He smiled at you, "No one knew about this side of me. No one, except you."

 

What????

 

         "The thing is that, I am myself whenever I'm with my family and BIGBANG but I hide this side of me from them. They only know that I am a genius in song composing, being a fashionista and anything that G-Dragon is capable of. The Jiyong they saw is a vulnerable, scared and hiding in the shadows boy. Every now and then, G-Dragon will take over Jiyong subconsciously. But this Jiyong with you, he's different. It is a side of him which no one knew existed. No one except him - and you."

 

You looked at him, speechless. Isn't this too much to know from the beginning?

 

          "Why are you telling me this?" you asked him.

 

He heaved out a sigh, "Kim Hana, I can go two ways if I am being Jiyong. A psycho or a broken boy. I am telling you this first because I want you to know that when I snap, I can scare you for real. There will be a day where I just got triggered and you have to decide whether to stay or walk away. I know it's stupid for me to actually tell you all these when I was the one initiating it in the first place but I need someone whom I can show this side of me. Even Youngbae or Dami noona does not know the existence of this side. If you ever to tell them, I doubt they will believe you."

 

Your mouth immediately went dry. You yourself are not sure how to reply him. You just keep quiet and took in the words he just said.

 

         "If you're hardworking, you can try to solve this puzzle," he uttered before walking off to the kitchen.

 

You sat there, unsure what to do a you were left stunned by his words. Just because he told you all those, that doesn't mean you will walk away… Right? You took your cup and walked to the kitchen. He was already taking out some ingredients.

 

        "Oh, Hana! I will make a burger for you. You can wait at the dining table," he said as he nudged his head towards the dining table.

 

You walked to the dining table and place your cup next to his. "Are you being yourself when you're with me?" you asked with your back facing him. "Yeah, I'm fully myself when I'm with you. But I'm not sure how long our friendship will last. In this world, there are only two outsiders who knows this side of me. One is you and another is a girl in high school which I met but she died because of a road accident. So, as of now, only you and me know this side of me," he answered. You nodded before walking to the sink to wash the vegetables in order to help him as he made a patty from scratch. He seemed not to mind either.

 

       "I see…" you breathed out as you washed the vegetables.

       "I'm sorry if it's a little too overwhelming for you to take in but it's best for you to know first," he said.

       "It's okay…" you replied. "As long as you're yourself with me, I will accept you for who you are."

 

You were bothered by the slightly longer silence from him and turned your head towards him. He froze - as though your words hold a greater meaning than anything. He then turned his head towards you - eyes was soft and a smile was carved beautifully on his lips.

 

Acceptance… That was what he needed all along… That was what Kwon Jiyong needed all along...

 


Sorry for not updating a long time. I somewhat faced a writer's block on how to continue from previous chapter and it took me like about 3 days to come up with this chapter. >.< I apologize if it's not good but I tried my best. I will try to update this story whenever I can because writing this story itself is somewhat even more challenging than I expected. Though I can't deny that I enjoy taking up challenges but I will continue this story and make it as interesting as possible. xD Don't forget to subscribe and comment down, nae? :) And don't forget to look forward to the upcoming chapters~ :D As of now, I can guarantee that Jiyong and Hana will be spending more time together - Oops! Did I just gave a spoiler? ;P Hahahaha, just look forward to the upcoming chapters and be sure to comment and subscribe as I proceed to write another chapter~ :)