Chapter 3

Online Friend...?

YOUR POV

   

    "What happened to stay home Saturday?" Ilhoon asked.

 

You and Ilhoon are currently walking down the streets of Gangnam. The zooming cars next to you and the ever bustling street is brought to life by shopaholics, tourists and many more. This place had been the ideal shopping spot for you and Ilhoon. Even though you are raised in a rich family, you still believed that fashion comes in at all prices. Clothes may be cheap but if you can rock or mix and match it, why not? Besides, in class, no one knows that you and Ilhoon comes from a rich family respectively. It had been a secret for the both of you since middle school. Both of you hid it because when everyone knows you are rich, they will put on a mask to satisfy and take advantage of your so-called title. That leads to a lot of fake friendships. That is why you and Ilhoon decide to hide your respective real selves.

 

    "Omma and Appa flew to Busan and won't be back until Monday. So, might as well go shopping," you answered and looked around.

    "Well, at least I get to do some shopping as well," he answered and tucked his hands in his pockets.

    "What do you intend to get?" you asked and looked at him.

   

He shrugged, "Not sure. See what I can get." 

 

You nodded and looked around the street. It's been awhile since you went shopping here. Your mum would always bring you to go and attend some fashion shows which results you to have some pricey clothes in your wardrobe. But luckily, your mum doesn't mind you shopping at the streets. You decided to take out your phone and update your Instagram with the outfit of the day picture you forced Ilhoon to take for you. You are basically wearing a lacy top and a mini black flare skirt. You top it off with a blue leather jacket and a pair of black sandals. Well, to you, fashion is essential.

 

#ootd - Updated

 

   "Yah, let's go there. I need an outerwear for a new shirt Mum gave me," Ilhoon said and lead the way.

 

You hummed and followed. Ilhoon's family runs two businesses - hotel management and restaurant management. His mum is Park Hyeri, the famous chef in South Korea who ran a few businesses all over the country. His dad, Jung Changsun, is the founder of Royal Gala Hotel. However, their marriage is a bit shaky now since his dad is having an affair. Ilhoon did told you that if they were to divorce, he will stay with his mum but meets his dad occasionally because he believed that his parents are better as friends than husband and wife. Your family on the other hand, runs two businesses as well. Your dad, Kim Hyungshik, is an artist. Some of his paintings are in the national arts museum. Your mum, Son Yejin, is a fashion designer. You would wear her designs once in a while to promote her new wears. Sometimes, she would also give Ilhoon some of the new wears. Well, at least she does not stop you from wearing anything you want as long as it is fashionable. Both of you enter the shop. You two begin to look through the clothes, taking out clothes and asking each other whether it look good or not.  And this went on for five more shops.

 

 

 

 

    "I think this will good on you," you nodded, placing the paperbags aside.

    "Really?" he asked and place the outerwear in front of him, for you to judge again.

 

You nodded in return. He looked at the clothing once again when his phone rang. He took it out and answered it, "Geumsaeyo? Omma?" As soon as he answered, you heard a news report and begin to scan for the TV. And that is when both you and Ilhoon spotted the TV and watched the news report.

 

     "The founder of Royal Gala Hotel, Jung Changsun, was caught by Dispatch earlier this morning. Though this time, it was not with his wife - but with what we can guess is his secretary. They were both seen boarding a yacht together with no one else aboard. We have yet to confirm who the lady is, where they are going and are trying to contact Park Hyeri. We were told that Park Hyeri and Jung Changsun had raised a son together but we have yet to know who he is or what his name. Dispatch will continue on investigating this issue."

 

You immediately froze upon that report and looked at Ilhoon. His jaw was clenched as he spoke to his mum. Even his fist was clenched. Luckily, both of you are hidden behind some clothing racks. As soon as he hang up, he immediately soften and turn to you. "Mianhaeyo, Hana. I need to go and meet my mum and grandfather now. Do you want me to send you home?" he asked. You smiled and shook your head, "It's okay. I will go on my own. Are you okay?" He heaved out a sigh and placed the outerwear back on the rack, "I'm fine. I need to meet my mum and grandfather now. Mum had sent my driver here. I will call you later." You nodded and watched him leave.

 

Are you really okay, Jung Ilhoon?

 

You took the outerwear which Ilhoon placed back earlier. If it comforts him, you wouldn't mind buying for him. You grabbed the outerwear and went to the cashier to make the payment when your dad suddenly called.

 

Perks of being a chaebol.

 

You took out your phone and answered the call, "Geumsaeyo? Appa?"

 

      "Where are you now? Have you seen the news?" his voice sounded panicky on the other side of the line.

      "I am at Gangnam now. Nae, I saw," you answered briefly while taking out your credit card.

      "Be careful of Dispatch, my daughter. Once they found the connection, they won't let go of your tail," he told you.

      "I understand, Appa. I'm big enough to take care of myself," you told him as you signed on the receipt.

      "Okay, take good care of yourself. Appa and Omma won't stop you," he told you.

      "I knowwww," you answered as you took the credit card and receipt, keeping it in your wallet.

      "Really?" he asked.

      "Kamshamnida," you thanked the shopkeeper and took the paperbag. "Really, appa. Don't worry." 

      "Arrasseoyeo. Appa loves you," he told you.

      "Omma loves you too!" you heard your mum's voice in the background.

      "Nae, I love Appa and Omma," you giggled as you walked out of the store. "Have fun at Busan~" 

      "Nae, take care," he told you.

      "Mmmm, take care too. Annyeong, Appa," you answered as you walked down the street.

      "Nae, annyeong," he wished you.

 

You hanged up the phonecall and walked around. Appa has a point though. When there's a connection, the media won't let go of the tail. Mental note: Check on Ilhoon once you are done with shopping.

 

You heaved out a sigh and walked around when your phone buzzed. It was an Instagram notification from Jiyong.

 

Eodiga neol?

 

You blinked and looked at your phone. Am I seeing it right? Is G-Dragon asking me where am I now? You quickly typed a reply while walking around.

 

Ummm… Somewhere at Gangnam?

 

Well, let's just take it as he saw my picture and got curious on where I am at now. Let's think it that way. He travels a lot too so he might missed out the streets of South Korea.

 

You put that thought in your head as you walked around. As you walked, you saw Rare Market Boutique. You had always wanted to get some clothes from this boutique because the designs are really nice and since your chance is here, why not? You walked to the direction of the boutique when your phone buzzed again. You immediately entered the Instagram app and read his reply.

 

Ahhh… Shopping?

 

Naeyo.

 

You entered the boutique and was greeted by the staffs. You smiled and bowed in return. There were three staffs, two females and one male. Apparently, the male was sitting on a chair and using his phone. You immediately went to the racks and placed all your paperbags aside to look through the clothes when your phone in hand buzzed once again. You looked at his reply.

 

Send me a selca.

 

SERIOUSLY?!

 

Not now. I'm picking out clothes.

 

It's the fact though. Your shopping instinct had been unleashed and there is nothing to stop you except fatigue. You continue to look through the clothes and picking out the sizes and designs of your choice, placing it on an arm. Your phone buzzed once again.

 

Then, pick the clothes of your choice and try it out. Send me a mirror selfie.

 

What do I get in return?

 

Legit. It's a fair game, right?

 

A selca from me.

 

Deal. Hold on.

 

     "Mianhaeyo, where is the fitting room?" you asked the staff as you held the clothes in your left arm.

     "Do you want to try it on?" she asked as she lead the way.

     "Nae…" you smiled as you followed, carrying the other paperbags on the other hand.

 

I will have to take a cab later if this goes on.

 

       "It's over here, Miss. I will be outside if you need assistance," she told you.

       "Nae…" you smiled and bowed before closing the door shut.

 

 

 

GD's POV

 

I waited for her reply while looking around the store. Well, it's been a long time since I last visited Noona's boutique. Rare Market is expanding now and it's a good sign. Besides, there's nothing much for me to do today since I am having a break. So, helping a sister will do good.

 

      "Noona, is there any customers?" I asked and looked at Dami.

      "There is one," she answered me. "She just entered the fitting room."

      "Ah, jjinja?" I asked.

 

Noona hummed and nudged her head at Jessica, her best friend, who is standing outside. I nodded and looked at my phone. Still no reply. Aish, don't tell me she takes a long time to pick her clothes too… I decided to scroll down my homepage, looking at the pictures. As I scrolled down, my phone buzzed and I received a picture from Hana. I went to the DM and look at her picture. She is in a dressing room and she looks really good in the clothes she picked out. I immediately replied her.

 

You looked good! Nice style~

 

But why does the clothes looked familiar? Like I had seen it before. I scanned around the boutique from where I'm seated. Those clothes really looked familiar. As I scanned, my phone buzzed. I looked down and read her reply.

 

Jjinja?! Honestly, I had always wanted these clothes. Rare Market has really nice design.

 

How interesting… She's wearing Noona's clothing line… Wait… SHE'S AT RARE MARKET NOW?!!

 

I begin recalling. Noona did said that it's a she in the fitting room. And Hana is wearing Rare Market's clothing. It has to be Kim Hana. I was about to reply when Jessica noona went to the cashier with the lady. I lifted my head.

 

It is really Kim Hana.

 

She looks different in person. In fact, she looks better in person. She was fumbling through her bag while holding six paperbags as she walked to the cashier. I immediately went to hide behind the racks of clothes.

 

I'M NOT READY TO MEET KIM HANA, DAMN IT.

 

At this rate, I could pass for a ninja. I squatted behind the shoes section since it gives me a good view and the perfect hideout. I peeked over the slit of the racks to watch her making her payment. Oh yes, I forgot to reply her.

 

Rare Market has a lot of nice designs. I have to admit.

 

   "Nae, the slippers are over- Jiyong, what are you doing?"

 

I looked up and saw Dami noona looking at me with her jaws dropped. Kim Hana is behind her too. Her eyes were big - the look of shock and surprised. 

 

 


LOL. KWON JIYONG. Anyways, here is Chapter 3~~ Don't forget to comment down your thoughts and subscribe, nae? :) ;) Nyeheheheh~ xD 

No spoilers intended but look forward to Chapter 4!!! xDDDDD