Encounters

Different Worlds

"But dad, why ?!"

 
"Jongin ah, no discussing. I told you I'd let you become an idol but only if you keep on studying." Dad said. I thought I was going to die, for real.
 
"So let me sum this up. You want to throw me in a school filled with hungry fan girls ?! They'll eat me up !" I said gesturing. But come on already !
 
"No, the president is my good friend and he guaranteed a sturdy guard for you." He said.
 
"Dad you can't do that we have too much work at the company, I can't miss it." I said.
 
"Jongin ah, Sooman confirmed me you were on a hiatus until February to let time to people to discover your new album. We're in November, which means 4 months." He said. Screw you Sooman Hyung.
 
"Oh come on just hire a private teacher !" I said.
 
"They all ended up leaving or being seduced by you." He said.
 
"Right. But Dad, come on..." I said giving up.
 
"Jongin, go and take your uniform. You're starting tomorrow." He said. Uniform ?!
 
"Aiish !" I said throwing myself on the couch. I can't believe he wants me to do this ! 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"WHAT ?! But dad !"
 
"Don't even try to discuss Sehun ah, you're going to do it." Dad said. I was bewildered.
 
"How can you do that ?! Everyone but her !" I said.
 
"Joanna is a nice girl and she's the heiress of the Yoo group, her father and I are good friends. It's only right." He said.
 
"Dad, I'm an idol, I can't date !" I said.
 
"Baekhyun is dating." He said.
 
"Well... I can't get married !" I said.
 
"Sungmin got married." He said.
 
"How do you even... Anyway, anyway. Sungmin hyung got married after almost 11 years of fame, it's only our second year ! Come on dad, don't do this." I whined.
 
"I told you no need to discuss with me Sehun ah, you're going to meet her today. And plus you don't have to marry her now, you can start dating then get married in a few years." He said.
 
"I already know her, we went to kindergarten together. Ever since then she was a fan." I said falling flat on the couch. I couldn't believe it, what a nightmare !
 
"See ? Plus, she's rather pretty." He said.
 
"Pretty ? Pretty my... anyway. No wait pretty ?! Dad just look at her ! She doesn't have any curves ! She's a 'milky skin' monster !" I said. Dad laughed.
 
"I don't think there's anything funny." 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
I was walking to the cafeteria, earphones plugged into my ears, as always. I didn't want any kind of interaction of any sort with anyone here. I stopped by my locker to put my books in and then suddenly, I stumbled and fell on the ground. I looked at my left and saw a group of students running past me. Aiish, careful ! But... it's lunch time. Are they THAT hungry ? No. That's wasn't the thing. The thing was the president standing on a platform along with a young, dark skinned guy. Wow, his eyes are no joke. I guess he's a transfer. But... why does he seem so familiar ? All the students stood in front of them, jumping around like happy rabbits. That's... despicable. Anyway, that's none of my business. After putting my bags into my locker, I went to the cafeteria and ate alone, as always. 
 
"Thanks unnie, it was very good." I said handing the plate to the cafeteria lady.
 
"You're welcome Nari, come back later for the yogurts !" She said.
 
"I will !" I said, waved and went out. The cafeteria ladies liked me the most because I was the only student in the whole school that greeted them, returned the plates to them and even discussed with them. The others just order them around and leave. I wasn't raised this way. They like me so much they give me the untouched yogurts of the day and sometimes bread to take home. As I was walking to my next class, I spotted the new guy. He was circled by Joanna and her clique. He looked like he was about to die. Meh, that's none of my business. I just kept on walking. And I wasn't ready for what was about to happen.
 
"Hey !" I heard. I froze on spot then pretended I didn't hear a thing and kept on walking fast but I felt a hand grabbing my backpack by the handle and pulling me. I turned and was now facing the new guy.
 
"I'll give you 1000$ if you play along." He said. 1000$ ?! Then he started making weird gestures and smiles.
 
"W-What are you..."
 
"Act along." He gritted between his teeth. I had no choice but to act along. We seemed like two close friends that just reunited.
 
"Girls, I'll see you later !" He put his arm around my shoulder and waved to them. I could feel them raging. Once we were out of their sight, he took off his arm and sighed in relief. I stood in front of him.
 
"What ?" He said.
 
"I'm waiting." I said.
 
"If you want an autograph, I'll give you one later." He said. What the...
 
"What are you talking about ? I'm waiting for my money." I said. He took out a check from his pocket. he signed it and handed it to me.
 
"Thanks." I said grabbing it. I then walked away without even looking back. But wait... 1000$ ?! Yaaaaay !
 
JONGIN's POV
 
She's so blunt... And how come she didn't squeal or even hugged me or tried to me ? Wow... She has an amazing self control.
 
NARI's POV
 
"Thanks, come back soon !" I said then wiped the table. I took the dirty plates and the glasses to the kitchen. As I was putting them into the sink,
 
"What the... !" She said and grabbed the check from my pocket.
 
"Naeun, don't play with that !" I said trying to get it back.
 
"1000$ ?! Where did you get that ?! Are you a e ?" She said.
 
"Naeun I'm not a e, give this back to me !" I said trying to get it. Damn she's stubborn !
 
"Not until you explain !" She said.
 
"Okay, okay. Fine, I'll explain." I said. We both sat at a table and I told her the whole story.
 
"So there's a new student that walks out of nowhere and gives you 1000$ ?" She said.
 
"I told you he's rich. And I helped him." I said.
 
"I don't think even if I was rich, I'd pay 1000$ for that... Maybe he wants to marry you !" She said.
 
"Naeun !" I said pulling my check from her hand.
 
"What ? I saw in a documentary that in some countries, giving a lot of money was sign of proposal." She said.
 
"Not in Korea." I said. She shrugged.
 
"And plus I'm not going to spend it." I said, put it in my pocket and stood up.
 
"Why ?! I saw some very nice jeans yesterday at only 200$ !" She said following me into the kitchen.
 
"No, I have to save it." I said.
 
"What for ? You have enough in your bank account !" She said.
 
"Still not enough for what I plan to do." I said.
 
"What do you plan to do, buy a jet ?!" She said.
 
"Very funny." I said.
 
"No but Nari, I'm serious. You should start thinking about yourself a little." She said, patted my shoulder then went out of the kitchen... It made me wonder... Is she right ?
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Come on Diamond, let's go home. You did well today." I said, Diamond and picked him up. I was on my way back to Joanna's house when I saw a limousine passing past me. It stopped just in front of Joanna's house. Guess it's her father. I walked to the house and was waiting for the people in the limousine to get in when a tall guy with blonde hair with a slim body came down of the car. Hm. Handsome. I wonder what he's doing at Joanna's house... Plus, he didn't seem so glad about it... Anyway. That's none of my business. I gave Diamond to the butler, took my pay and walked back home.
 
SEHUN's POV
 
What kind of house is this ? Gosh, that's not a house it's a museum ! First thing revealing how superficial this family is... 
 
"Mr. Oh." The butler said leading me to the entry.
 
"Miss Joanna shall be here in a minute." He said, bowed and walked out. I looked around. Thousand of pictures of her, everywhere... Doing ski, horse riding, playing piano, playing flute... So she's an only child... oh God make this end.
 
"Oh, you came !" I heard an annoying voice. I looked up and saw Joanna walking down the stairs wearing a pink one-piece. Is she kidding me ? Full make up at 4;pm ? And what's with the curls and the heels ? Aiish, this girl is so fake.
 
"It's so nice to see you again !" She said and threw herself into my arms. I didn't even hug her back. When she realized it took too long, she pulled off and dusted me.
 
"Hey... Joanna." I bluntly said.
 
"I missed you so much... I can't believe it. Can you ? We were kids last time we saw each other and now we're both grown successful adults." She said putting her hands on her hips.
 
"Yeah. I guess." I said. My goal : annoy the crap out of her.
 
"I'm so excited ! Let's sit and have a talk !" She said, grabbed my arm and pulled me on the couch. God, this is definitely not going to be an easy task...
 
"So, how should the world know we're dating ? We can get S.M to do an official statement or you can tell it on SNS or we can leak pictures or you can take me to a S.M party or we can get photographied kissing or-"
 
"Joanna. Stop. We're not dating." I said.
 
"We are, honey. You can take the time you want to get used to it. Look, it took me the whole day !" She said and stood up. As she was walking, I though this was a real nightmare. No , like at all ! Nothing to check out ! Aiish... She came back with an envelope and handed them to me. 
 
"What's that ?" I said.
 
"Come on, open it." She said. I sighed and took it. I opened it and took out tons of pictures... apparently from a photo shoot. I thought my eyes would drop at every picture.
 
"Why are you showing me that ?!" I said.
 
"I took them yesterday, we can just add the S.M logo under or behind and-"
 
"Wait, wait, wait. What ? The S.M. logo ?" I said.
 
"Yeah, to show I'm a part of it !" She said gesturing.
 
"Ummmm... a part of what ?" I said.
 
"S.M ! I'm going to join as a model so that we can be the hottest S.M couple ever, hotter than BaekYeon." She said. I burst in laughter.
 
"What's so funny ?" She said laughing.
 
"Woah, you're more stupid than I thought, gosh. Listen, to be a model in S.M, you need the looks. Which... you don't have. And... this whole idea of I'm in S.M so you're in S.M too, get that out of your head, now. And to warn you, I don't want to see you at the building. Okay ? See ya." I said, threw the envelope at her and walked out.
 
"S-See you later my prince !" She shouted. Oh my God... dumber than dumb... I went in the car and told the driver to take me to the building. On our way there, I spotted a shop selling ice cream sandwiches. My favorites.
 
"Driver, stop here." I said.
 
"But Mr. Oh, your father..."
 
"I said, stop here." I said. He sighed and parked the limousine right in front of the shop. Thank God there was no one out at that time. I ran into the shop.
 
NARI's POV
 
"Nari ah, replace me for a second, I'm going to take the sodas out." Mom said.
 
"Alright." I said and went to the cashier. The door opened and a guy walked in. As he walked to me... I recognized his face. He's the guy I saw at Joanna's house ! What is he doing here ?
 
"Hey, ummmm... An ice cream sandwich." He said. I raised an eyebrow.
 
"Look, if you're waiting for an autograph, you'll have it later. Please hurry." He said. What's with those guys thinking I want autographs ?!
 
"Ummm... You're at a supermarket, that's not a restaurant. You're supposed to go and get the thing you want then pay for it." I said.
 
"Oh... right." He said. Is he really that dumb ?
 
"The freezer is right at your left." I said. 
 
"Yeah, okay." He said. 5 minutes later, he came back with an ice cream sandwich. 
 
"5$." I said. He threw me a 100$ bill. I put the sandwich in a bag and gave him his change. 
 
"Thanks." He said and walked to the door.
 
"Anytime." I said. I was about to close the box when I noticed a wallet on the rolling carpet. I opened it and saw a picture of the guy.
 
"Oh, he forgot his wallet !" I said and ran out. I looked around but saw nothing. Aiish how is he going to do ?! I just put it in my pocket, hoping he'll come to claim it. After mom was done, she closed the market and we both went back home.