Opening up

Different Worlds
"Aiish, coming !" She said walking towards the door. I can't let him see me ! She'll find out ! I quickly ran to the kitchen and luckily there was a door there leading to the back of the house. I climbed the wall and landed on the sidewalk. Phew... That was close... But I still wonder what on earth he's planning to do with that girl... 
 
NARI's POV
 
I opened the door, revealing the blonde dummy.
 
"I heard voices. Are you with someone ?" He said raising an eyebrow.
 
"Just a friend who came to see me, Jongin this..." I turned and saw no one. Absolutely no one. 
 
"Jongin ?!" I yelled across the house. No answer. That's weird...
 
"I guess he's gone." I shrugged.
 
"So that's where you live." He said looking around.
 
"Is there a problem ?" I said.
 
"No, not at all. Why didn't you come to see me ? I was waiting." He crossed his arms.
 
"Because I don't think I should be involved in anything with you... What do you want from me ?" I said. He burst in laughter.
 
"Really ? Is that why you didn't come ?" He said. I frowned.
 
"You're so tactless. Follow me." He said grabbing my hand.
 
"Where ?! No ! That's called abducting !" I said trying to escape his grip.
 
"Are you some kind of lawyer ? Just shut up and come with me." He said pulling me.
 
"Aiish, okay, okay ! Just let me get ready." I said. He let go of my wrist. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, got changed and went out.
 
"Let's go now." I said. He motioned me to get out first. We both went to his car.
 
"Driver, to the dorm." He said. DORM ?!
 
"Wait, wait, wait, am I going to see other EXO members ?!" I said.
 
"Yes ma'am." He said.
 
"Aiish !" I yelled in frustration. I hate my life... Sehun was just there smirking on his own. This guy's the devil ! After 10 minutes, we arrived at a very luxurious building. Dayum... How rich are they ? 
 
"Miss." The driver said opening the door for me.
 
"Oh, thank you." I said getting down.
 
"Let's go. They're probably waiting." Sehun said. We both walked into the enormous building, to the last floor. The penthouse. He typed the code and the door opened. We both walked in the noisy but incredibly beautiful EXO penthouse.
 
"Hyungs, we're here." Sehun said. No response.
 
"They're probably out." He said.
 
"Sehun ?" I said. He looked at me.
 
"Can I ask you something ?" I said.
 
"Sure." He said.
 
"Are you dating Joanna ?" I said. He sighed and took my hand.
 
"Come." He said pulling me to the couch where we both sat.
 
"My dad and Joanna's dad are long time friends. My dad forced me to date her and... I have to admit I can't disobey but I'm just playing, I don't even have feelings for her or something. I'm not dating her for real, just taking her to the restaurant and stuff but because I have to. I hate this girl." He said. Wow... That's pretty tough...
 
"I'm sorry, I didn't know about that..." I said.
 
"It's okay. How would you know ?" He said. It's weird to hear him talking without being sarcastic or mean.
 
"Tell me something about you." He said.
 
"Me ? What do you want me to tell you ?" I said.
 
"Anything." He said. I gulped. Is there even anything to say ? Oh... There is...
 
"I... Don't know if I should tell you this." I said.
 
"Go ahead." He said.
 
"Only if you promise not to tell anyone." I said.
 
"I promise I won't." He said. I took a deep breath.
 
"My passion is... Dancing." I said.
 
"For real ?! No joke ?!" He said. I nodded.
 
"Show me something, I'd love to see your skills." He said.
 
"Now ? I can't, I'm not even prepared..." I said.
 
"You don't need to. You're not dancing in front of a judge. Come on, do it. What song do you want ?" He said grabbing a remote. I stood up.
 
"Sorry, sorry, answer." I said.
 
"Nice." He said putting it.
 
"Heeey... I will love you do tonight, yeah yeeaaaaah yeah..."
 
I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and let the emotion rule my mind and fill my body. My movements and the rhythm of the song were one. It was a perfect harmony.
 
SEHUN's POV
 
I'm astonished. For real ! She's a... God, she's even better than Hyoyeon noona... How can she be so in sync with the music ? Just like if she knew every single note. I'm speechless. She HAS a hell of a talent and it would be a waste not using it right ? Heh. I think I have a brilliant idea.
 
NARI's POV
 
"La la la la la, la la la la..."
 
I opened my eyes and saw Sehun looking at me in awe. He clapped. I laughed and sat next to him.
 
"You're something, Nari ! You're so talented !" He said.
 
"Thanks..." I said.
 
"So which company are you planning to join, later ?" He said.
 
"Company ?" I said.
 
"Yeah. You're going to be a dancer right ?" He said.
 
"I never thought about it but... No, no, I can't be a dancer." I said. 
 
"Why not ?!" He said.
 
"Sehun I can't even endure it when people stare at me at school, how do you want me to stay calm when a billion people will be watching me ?" I said.
 
"I was nervous at first, too... But when you realize you should enjoy it instead of being nervous, it all goes away." He said.
 
"Maybe... Let's not talk about that right now." I said. Just then, the door opened. A short and kinda cute guy showed up dressed all in black.
 
"Sehun ah, you're home ? Who's this ? Hello." He said.
 
"Hyung, this is Nari. Nari, this is EXO's main singer, D.O." Sehun said.
 
"Nice to meet you Nari." He said.
 
"Nice to meet you too, T.O..."
 
"It's D.O." Sehun cut me off.
 
"I mean, D.O !" I said and laughed awkwardly. Oh... Jesus...
 
"Nari, did you eat ?" D.O said hanging his coat.
 
"Not yet, why ?" I said.
 
"Sehun ah did you eat ?" He said.
 
"Not yet hyung." Sehun said.
 
"Good, let me cook you something." He said walking to the kitchen. He's nice... Guess all the EXO members aren't bastards.
 
"D.O hyung's a real chef, your tastebuds are gonna go on a trip with his cuisine. Right hyung ?" Sehun said.
 
"Let's just say I'm not that bad." He modestly replied. After we ate a delicious pizza made by D.O, Sehun sent me home.
 
"Be careful. I'll see you tomorrow." He said.
 
"Sehun..." I said looking away.
 
"What ?" He frowned.
 
"I don't think we should be doing this... You're Joanna's boyfriend. That's bad." I said.
 
"What are we even doing ? We're just seeing each other, nothing less, nothing more. And I'm NOT Joanna's boyfriend. Alright, see you." He said and drove off. I sighed. I should stop thinking so much and start enjoying the moment... Oh, I almost forgot about Jongin. This jerk left without even saying goodbye. I'm gonna kick his .
 
THE NEXT DAY
 
"By the way, why did you leave like a thief yesterday ?" I said. I definitely wanted some explanation. 
 
"Ummm... I... Was late for a meeting... With my parents." He said. Hm.
 
"But why did you go out by the backdoor ? You could've greeted Sehun then go." I said.
 
"Nah, I was way too hurried. Next time." He smiled. Why is he acting so weirdly ? I checked my watch. Oh my God, it's almost 3 !
 
"Oh my God, I gotta go." I said standing up.
 
"Where ?!" Jongin stood up.
 
"I have to meet Sehun, I'll see you tonight !" I ran to the bus stop. I took the bus to the EXO dorm. There, I was stopped by a sturdy bodyguard.
 
"May I know your purpose of being here ?" He said.
 
"Hello, I came to see Sehun." I said. He started laughing. I raised an eyebrow.
 
"What's so funny ?" I said.
 
"I can't believe how you fangirls are so natural aat lying... I almost believed you were telling the truth." He said. My eyes widened.
 
"Oh so you think I'm... Oh hell no ! I'm not a fan girl ! I really came to see Sehun." I said.
 
"Okay then do you mind if I call him ?" He said taking out a talkie-walkie.
 
"Go ahead, please. Tell him Nari's here." I said. 
 
"EXO dorm, EXO dorm, Hyunjoon. I repeat, Hyunjoon. Oh, Suho ya, put on Sehunie. Sehun ah a girl named Nari claims you invited her. Oh... Okay. Alright." He said and hung up.
 
"My bad miss, come in." He said opening the door. I took the elevator to the last floor and knocked at the door. 
 
"Hey, you must be Nari ? Come in. I'm Chen." A short guy opened the door for me. Wow, his cheekbones are no jokes.
 
"Hello." I shyly said and walked it. He closed the door and we both went to the living room where 5 guys were sitting, including Sehun.
 
"Hey, you're here." Sehun said coming to me.
 
"Yeah." I said with an awkward smile. Dang it this is SO awkward.
 
"Hyungs, this is Nari. The girl I talked to you about. Nari, meet EXO. This baozi hyung over here is Xiumin, this old man is Suho hyung, this tall elf is Chanyeol and you already know D.O." He said. Oh, the guy with big ears !
 
"Nice to meet you." I slightly bowed.
 
"Come on, take a seat." Suho pat the spot next to him. 
 
"Nah hyung, we're not staying." Sehun said taking my hand.
 
"Where are you going ? I was going to cook !" D.O angrily said.
 
"Sorry hyung, another time. You ready ?" He said looking at me.
 
"For what ?" I said.
 
"You'll see when we'll be there." He said. Why is this guy so full of surprises ? After we both bid the EXO members goodbye, we walked out of the building and went to his car.
 
"What do you think of them ?" He said.
 
"Who ?" I said.
 
"The members." He said.
 
"Oh... They seem nice." I said.
 
"That's all ?" He said.
 
"What do you want me to say ? I barely know them." I said. He laughed.
 
"Do you often take people to your penthouse ?" I said.
 
"Never. Even when I date girls, I don't bring them to the dorm." He said.
 
"Then why are you doing it with me ? What makes you think I'm not going to leak pictures and create a scandal ?" I said.
 
"Only Daeguk High girls are capable of such a thing. You wouldn't do that. You're not like them. And I trust you." He said. I slightly smiled. I have to admit that to hear that I wasn't like this bunch of brainless dolls was very refreshing. Wait, wait, wait, did he say he trusted me ?!
 
"And what makes you think you can trust me ?" I said. He smirked.
 
"You're not lethal Kim Nari." He said.
 
"Never claimed I was." I muttered.
 
"We're here." He said. Wow, already ? He parked his car then went down of it and opened the door for me. I have to admit he's a complete jerk and a total gentleman at the same time. 
 
"Wait. Are we going to this classy restaurant ?" I said pointing at the restaurant.
 
"Yep. Why ? Had other plans ?" He said.
 
"I didn't dress up..." I said. As I said that, he started checking me out.
 
"What are you doing ?!" I said covering my body. He scoffed.
 
"It's okay, who cares anyway ? Let's get in." He said and grabbed my arm. Am I some kind of doll to him ? He walked straight to a table in a private box.
 
"Why aren't we eating down there ?" I said sitting on the bench.
 
"Because there's more privacy here. Our status doesn't allow us to eat wherever we want." He said taking off his coat. Wow, being an idol must be so hard...
 
"Tell me about your past relationships." He said resting his head on his fist.
 
"I never dated..." I said looking away. I felt my cheeks burning a bit. Aiish, what's happening to me !
 
"Never ?!" He said, bewildered. I nodded.
 
"That's cute." He said taking a sip of the lemon tea the waiter just brought. I rolled my eyes then looked at him.
 
"What about you ?" I said.
 
"20." He said.
 
"Days ?" I said.
 
"Girls." He said. My eyes widened. 20 ?! 
 
"Dang it ! 20 ?! How ?!" I said. I can't believe this...
 
"Actually I only had 2 serious relationships. The others were just fooling around out of boredom or to annoy my father." He said.
 
"And what happened ?" I said. He took a deep breath.
 
"My first love was a girl named Haryeon. We dated for 6 months, I was madly in love. Then one day her father arranged a forced wedding for her." He said.
 
"That's how it ended ?" I said. He nodded.
 
"That's such a horrible thing to do..." I said.
 
"Well it's kinda common in our circle but the real reason why we broke up is because she didn't fight for me. She just agreed with the wedding." He said.
 
"Maybe she had no other choice. You know, the pressure." I said.
 
"Haryeon was the type of girl to flip the table over when the waiter got her order wrong or just when she wasn't in the mood." He said.
 
"Oh... That's tough..." I said.
 
"Yeah. And the second one, Gina. We lasted 8 months." He said.
 
"What happened ?" I said.
 
"She always complained I wasn't proud of her and wanted us to go public." He said.
 
"Why didn't you go public like Baekhyun ?" I said.
 
"And you say you're not a fan... At that time we just debuted, I couldn't be in a relationship ! It makes no sense." He said. He's kinda right...
 
"Never mind. I have something for you." He said.
 
"What is it ?" I said. He took out a small black box and handed it to me. I frowned and took it. I opened it and took out an... No, this can't be...
 
"An IPhone 5. Pretty right ?" He said. I flipped it.
 
"Yeah amazing since you sticked your face all over it." I said. He's so selfish...
 
"Anyway. The only calls allowed to be made on this phone are mine's. ABSOLUTELY no one else. Don't even try, it won't work. A friend of mine fixed it, as long as it's not my number you're dialing, it won't work." He said. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Okay Sehun. This is crazy... Just take this phone back." I said putting back the phone in the box.
 
"I'm not taking it back. Taking back a gift is robbery." He arrogantly said crossing his arms.
 
"But WHY would you offer me such a thing ?! I'm not your pet our your daughter !" I said.
 
"I also wish you could turn into a cute silent little puppy. You're walking on my nerves with your non-stop feedback." He joked. 
 
"No but for real, Sehun. I can't accept this." I said.
 
"I'm giving it to you ! Why can't you keep it ?!" He said.
 
"Because it's too much ! It costs a fortune ! And I'm not even a member of your family !" I said.
 
"You will be, soon." He said. I thought I was going to die. He doesn't get it, doesn't he ?!
 
"Nari, you can't be more stubborn that I am. Just take this phone and shut up or else I'll ask my bodyguards to put a tracking device in your brain." He said. My eyes widened.
 
"You wouldn't do that..." I said.
 
"Only if you knew all money could do." He said. I gasped. Is he even human ?!
 
"Fine, I'll take it. Thanks." I mumbled, putting it in my bag. He smiled. Just then, the door opened revealing none other than Joanna.
 
"Well. Well. Well. Being a commoner ain't enough to you, you even have to steal my man. Nothing is stopping you right ?" She said. My eyes widened.
 
"Joanna, you can't talk to her like that. Apologize, now." Sehun said.
 
"Apologize ?! She's the one that stole my boyfriend !" She said.
 
"I'm not your boyfriend and she didn't steal anything. I'm not yours." Sehun said. I stood up and took my stuff.
 
"Look, don't argue just because of me. I'm okay." I said.
 
"No, she disrespected you, she-"
 
"Sehun, don't ruin everything. Things are okay the way they are. You can't help it. Thank you for the ride, I'll see you sometime-"
 
"Never." Joanna cut me off. I smiled.
 
"Goodbye Joanna." I said and walked out of the box. I pretended not to feel a thing but I was so hurt... Here, Kim Wall. You did your job very well once again. I'm so good at acting and lying I can't even trust myself... This is not a life.
 
SEHUN's POV
 
I watched her getting out of the box. I literally burst. I was so angry I flipped the table over. I looked at this alien that was standing in front of me. She wasn't even feeling sorry and there wasn't even a glint of remorse in her eyes. Absolutely nothing. No emotion at all. 
 
"How can you be so... Senseless ?" I said. I was astonished.
 
"Babe, that's what happens when someone gets in my way." She said.
 
"DONT CALL ME BABE !" I said. GOSH ! She doesn't understand a thing !
 
"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, what were you doing with her ?" She said.
 
"I invited her, why do you care ?" I said.
 
"Sehun, you can't take this commoner to places where you take me. We're dating, don't forget that." She said.
 
"I did. And see ? Nothing happened. Oh wait, nothing happened except the fact that you made her leave !" I said.
 
"She doesn't belong here. She belongs in the streets next to the trash. Get used to it." She boldly said. Chills ran down my spine. For a moment, I was scared. Is it possible to be so... Mean ? At this point, I really had enough. I took my coat and was about to leave when she grabbed my arm. 
 
"Do you really not love me ?" She sobbed.
 
"I don't have any feelings towards you." I boldly said.
 
"Well I do... And I need you Sehun, you can't just hang out with this commoner, please..." She said clinging onto my shirt, sobbing. I grabbed her hands and threw them away.
 
"Joanna, I'll hang out with whoever I want to. Don't even try to stop me or call your father or mine. Things will end up going against you." I warned her. I knew she was stupid enough to tell her father about Nari. I walked out of the restaurant and went in my car. What a mess... What is Nari probably thinking right now ? 
 
NARI's POV
 
I was walking when I heard some kind of music in my bag.
 
"I lost my mind, when I first saw you, except you, everything goes in slow motion... Please tell me if it's love..."
 
What the... I opened it and took out the phone Sehun gave me. I checked the called ID.
 
"My King Sehunie."
 
Tsk. King my . After skipping 3 of his calls just to annoy the crap out of him, I picked up.
 
"Hello ?" I said.
 
"Why weren't you picking up ?! I called three times ! Do you know how worried I was ?!" He said.
 
"Chill. I didn't hear it..." I said.
 
"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, where are you ?" He said.
 
"Going back home." I said.
 
"Nari I'm very sorry about what happened earlier... I really wanted us to spend an enjoyable night but this thing ruined everything." He said. I smiled. Was he always this cute ? Suddenly, I felt sympathy towards him. I shouldn't act with pride towards him... He's really trying for us to be good friends.
 
"It's okay... It wasn't your fault. Let's just do it again sometime soon." I said.
 
"Alright, I'll pick you up." He hung up and I felt his hopes getting up. I laughed and bit my lip. This is weird... Why am I looking forward to see him ?
 
-------------------------------------------
 
THE NEXT DAY
 
I was eating with Jongin at the cafeteria when my phone rang. I took it and picked up.
 
"Hello ?" I said.
 
"Hey Kim-poo." He said laughing his off. Yup. Back to the childish Sehun.
 
"Very funny." I rolled my eyes.
 
"Yeah I know. If you're doing anything the next 3 days, cancel it. We're going on a trip." He said.
 
"A trip ?! What trip ?! Where ?!" I said.
 
"You'll see. Just pack your bags and be ready, I'll come to pick you up at 12;am." He said and hung up. Aiish ! This guy ! Always ordering me around !
 
"You... Ummmm... What's up with the phone case ?" Jongin said a little creeped out.
 
"It's not a phone case, actually, it's painted on the phone. It wasn't my idea, Sehun gave it to me yesterday." I said.
 
"You took it ?" He said.
 
"Do you even know how stubborn this guy is ? He threatened to get my brain opened and insert a tracking device in it !" I said.
 
"Better keep that." He said. I laughed.
 
"Can I ask you something ?" He said with a serious tone.
 
"Sure." I said.
 
"Do you think, by any chance... You guys can end up dating ?"