Let me be your friend.

Different Worlds

It was another normal day in my poor life. I woke up at 5;am, took a shower, ironed my uniform and Jaebum's and brushed my hair. I don't wear make up to go to school. I heated some rice with fish and soup and put everything on the table.

 
"Jaebum, come to eat !" I yelled. He rushed to the table and started eating like a beast. When we were both done eating, we took our bags, wore our shoes and went out of the house. I locked it and have the key to our neighbor in case mom would arrive before us.
 
"See you after school." I said and ruffled Jaebum's hair.
 
"See you noona !" He said and started walking. I didn't do straight to school, I didn't have any class. If I went there I would find myself sitting on a bench hating on everyone. I decided to go to see dad in jail. When I arrived there, the guard took all my stuff and called dad. There we were, at both sides of the glass. He picked up the phone, so did I.
 
"Nari ah." He said with a tired smile.
 
"Dad... are you okay ?" I said. He nodded.
 
"I brought you some food." I said and took out the lunchbox I made for him.
 
"You're so kind, my daughter. You're a blessing to me." He said. I smiled.
 
"What about your brother ?" He said.
 
"He's... fine." I said.
 
"Did you tell him I love him like I told you ?" I said.
 
"Yes, I told him." I said.
 
"And what did he say ?" He said. I gulped. I couldn't lie.
 
"He said he hated me right ? I'm the worst father ever." He said.
 
"You're not, you just made a mistake." I said.
 
"I don't know if he'll be able to forgive me..." He said.
 
"He will, just give him some time." I said. He sighed.
 
"What about your mom ? I think about her everyday." He said.
 
"She does too." I said.
 
"Your time's up." The guardian said.
 
"See you my Nari, I love you." He said.
 
"See you dad." I said and hung up. I stood up, walked to the door, gave the guardian the lunchbox and started walking to school. Poor man... Jaebum is his only son and he hates him so much... Jaebum started feeling hatred towards my father the first time he got arrested for illegal gambling. The third time, they put him to jail. Jaebum was so mad at him he never went to see him in jail. He never answered the letters he sent us, nothing. He even refused to talk about him. To Jaebum, a loving father and husband couldn't do this knowing it would harm people that counted on him. It breaks my heart to see this but I can't force him to love our dad... Anyway, I wanted to start this day well so I shook my head a couple times to get rid of these thoughts. As I reached the school entrance, I already forgot about it all. I was walking to my class when I heard a familiar voice.
 
"Hey !" I heard. I turned and saw the new kid, again.
 
"Look, this time it'll be 2000$." I said.
 
"What ? Haha, no. They're not here, thank God." He said. I frowned.
 
"Then why did you call me ?" I said.
 
"I wanted to thank you for helping me yesterday." He said.
 
"You already did, with a big check." I said.
 
"Well I thought I still needed to thank you." He said. Hm. Weird.
 
"Okay. You did, you can go now." I said.
 
"Seriously ? Why are you so blunt ?" He said. I sighed. He's right... Why am I acting like this ?
 
"Sorry... I just... have a lot on my mind. Don't mind." I said.
 
"Mind telling me about it ?" He said. I raised an eyebrow.
 
"Do you have the intention to sell my organs ?" I said.
 
"What ?" He said laughing.
 
"Okay why are you befriending me ?!" I said.
 
"Why wouldn't I ?!" He said.
 
"Because nobody even wants to be seen talking to me ! I'm a commoner !" I said.
 
"So what ?" He said. I was bewildered. He laughed.
 
"Please. Let me be your friend." He said with this irresistible smile filled with honesty and kindness.
 
"Fine. Do what you want." I said giving up.
 
"I should know your name first if we're going to be friends." He said.
 
"My name is Kim Nari." I said.
 
"Nice to meet you Nari ah, I'm Jongin." He said and gave me a handshake. I smiled. I can't believe someone actually wanted to be my friend... wow... After spending some time with Jongin, I went to my classes. When I was done with school, I went to the restaurant. As I was cleaning the spoons, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened today with Jongin. Why exactly did he want to be my friend ? I know he told me he had no motive but... that's strange... Just then, I felt an object whack the back of my head.
 
"Ouch !" I winced in pain. I turned and saw Naeun standing behind me, a tissue box in her hand.
 
"What was that for ?!" I said.
 
"It's been 10 minutes since I'm talking to the wall !" She said.
 
"Oh.. sorry. I didn't hear you." I said.
 
"And why is that ? What's going on in your pretty head ?" She said.
 
"Tsk. Pretty my ... You know, the new kid Jongin ? Today he came to me." I said.
 
"To give you the ring ?" She smirked.
 
"Can you shut up ? I'm trying to talk. Anyway, he came to me and thanked me for the help I brought him yesterday, I thought it would be it but then he... asked me if he could be my friend." I said.
 
"Aww, Nari ! Those are amazing news !" She said hugging me.
 
"But... why ? People barely notice me at school." I said.
 
"In this sea of fake tunas, he recognize the real salmon." She said. I looked at her.
 
"Okay maybe my example wasn't quite adequate but you know what I meant. No money or no Gucci bag can buy this steel mental of yours." She said with a smile. I smiled and hugged her.
 
"Thanks Naeun ah." I said.
 
"No problem. By the way, when am I meeting him ?" She said
 
"I knew it ! I knew you wanted to meet him ! Gosh !" I said.
 
"What ? You can understand ! He's rich, kind, he likes commoners and from what you told me he's pretty handsome." She said. I shook my head. This girl is helpless. After work, I went to Joanna's house to take Diamond for another walk. At the biggest surprise of my life, the guy from yesterday showed up at the exact same time.
 
"Oh, excuse me !" I said. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me.
 
"Hi, you came to the store yesterday and forgot your wallet there, here." I said handing him his wallet.
 
"Oh, I thought I lost it. Thanks." He said.
 
"No problem." I said. For a moment, he looked into my eyes. Wow, those brown eyes are no joke. The connexion was broke when we heard the door opening. I saw Joanna coming out wearing a very revealing white dress with tons of make up.
 
"Kim-poo ? What are you doing here ?" She said.
 
"I came to drop Diamond." I said. She opened her bag and took out 400$ that she handed me. I frowned. Why is she giving me so much ?
 
"Please keep him until we return, I don't want him to be alone. The butler will take you to my room. Let's go Sehun ah." She said, gripped his arm and went in the limousine. So that's his name, Sehun ? I just watched them go until the car was out of my sight. Maybe he's her boyfriend, who knows. But... why does he seem so familiar ? I definitely think I saw him somewhere. Maybe at the restaurant... Ah, that's none of my business anyway. I'm getting way too curious these days.
 
"Come on Diamond, let's go."
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Who's that girl ?" I said.
 
"Her ? Kim-poo, no one important." She shrugged applying some lip gloss.
 
"Kim-poo ? I don't think that's her name you-"
 
"Okay why do we give a damn about her name ? This is our first night out baby, let's think about us." She said.
 
"Joanna, I already told you. I'm not your baby." I said and rolled my eyes.
 
"Everything you want baby." She said putting some perfume. This girl is walking on my nerves with 15 centimeters pumps.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
I was playing with Diamond in Joanna's room. This room is no joke. Frills, ribbons, pink and white everything. Just like if a Barbie doll threw up on the walls. Sigh. The entire house is filled with Joanna's pictures, her parents must be very proud of her... I wonder what it is to live in such a big house where you don't have to do anything... it must be nice. You don't have to worry about other people, only yourself. Ei... I won't ever experience that so why bother ?
 
AN HOUR LATER
 
As I was feeding Diamond his biscuits, Joanna barged into the room. I stood up.
 
"I'm here now. You can go." She said putting her bag on the bed.
 
"Bye Diamond, see you tomorrow !" I said. He barked. I went out of the room, put my shoes and walked out of the enormous house. Sigh. Guess I have to walk. Aiish couldn't she let me go home with him then come to get him ? I hate walking at night. Since I had no choice, I gathered my courage and started walking. I've been walking for 5 minutes when a limousine stopped next to me. The window lowered and the Sehun guy's head popped up.
 
"Want a ride ?" He said.
 
"Ummmm... no, thanks." I said with a smile.
 
"Don't force me to use violence." He said. I raised my eyebrow.
 
"Excuse me ? You're certainly not going to use violence on me." I said and kept walking like a boss. I heard him sigh then say
 
"Guys. Get her." 
 
Get who ?! I turned and saw two sturdy guys as big as fridges come
down of the limousine. One of them grabbed my legs and the other my upper body. IS THIS EVEN LEGAL ?!
 
"STOP ! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ! PUT ME DOWN !" I was hitting them. It actually made them laugh. Bastards. And so, they threw me into the limousine and went in then drove off. I swore to death as I sat up and looked at him. He looked so calm, dang it !
 
"What was that ?!" I said.
 
"I warned you." He said.
 
"But what if I don't want you to drop me ?!" I said.
 
"My mom always told me to help a lady that needed help. You're a lady, you needed help. Can't disobey." He said. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Where are you going ?" He said.
 
"At the Sejong center." I said.
 
"What ?! Is that where you live ??" His eyes widened.
 
"I live in front." I said.
 
"Are there even houses in front ?" He said.
 
"There ARE, since I live there." I said.
 
"That's weird." He said. I shrugged. After a long awkward silence,
 
"I'm Sehun. I know you might already know me but I wanted to introduce myself properly and tell you I admire your self control in presence of a Greek God." He said. I burst in laughter. He raised an eyebrow.
 
"Okay yeah that was very funny, Greek God you say ? And since yiu're famous for mistaking restaurants for supermarkets, yup, I know you." I said and gave him thumbs up. He frowned and got closer to me.
 
"Wait. Do you really don't recognize me ?" He said.
 
"I do. You're the guy from the market." I said.
 
"No, not that. Don't you know me ? When was the first time you saw
me ?" He said, bewildered. What the...
 
"Ummm... I guess yesterday when I came to drop Diamond." I said. His eyes widened.
 
"What, did we already meet somewhere else ?" I said.
 
"No, no. We didn't. So you say you don't know me huh ? You will. Once you go home, go on YouTube and search EXO's Wolf. Then watch it." He said.
 
"Don't tell me you're also a fan. Oh God." I said doing a face palm. When will this stop ?
 
"Yeah, the biggest fanboy alive." He said with a smirk. He's creeping me out. 
 
"...Are you gay ?" 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Is it THAT important for you to barge in my house at night ?" Naeun said sitting on her bed, next to me.
 
"It is. You know internet doesn't work at home and I need to check something." I said.
 
"Let's go." She said taking her computer on her knees.
 
"Can you search for EXO's Wolf ?" I said.
 
"You're finally a fan ?!" She said with a big smile.
 
"Not at all. I just wanted to check something." I said.
 
"No need, I already downloaded it." She said  with a proud smile.
 
"You're helpless." I said. She pressed the 'play' button and a weird MV started playing. Wow, there are so many of them. And what's up with the whole Wolf concept ? They're so weird... oh, this guy with large ears is kinda cute. But then... what on earth...
 
"Hey jeongshin charyeo, eojjoda inki naega maeumeun baekyeo boryeo na"
 
"Ummmm... Naeun, can you put this part again please ?" I said. She frowned and rewind it.
 
"Here, stop !" I said. She stopped as I told.
 
"Who's this guy ?" I said.
 
"Sehun, why ?" She said. I swear I thought my heart dropped to my bladder.
 
"This guy's name is Sehun ?" I said.
 
"Are you alright ?" She said.
 
"Ummmm, yeah. Thanks. I'm going back home." I said and stood up then went out of her house. As I arrived home, I didnt say a word to mom or Jaebum. I just went in my room and fell flat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It took me about 10 minutes to regain my senses and once I did, I let out an enormous scream of frustration.
 
"AIISH ! SCREW YOU EXO !"