An eye for an eye.

Different Worlds
"Ummmm... Wht are you asking me this ?" I said.
 
"Just to know." He shrugged.
 
JONGIN's POV
 
"Honestly... I don't know. I don't think so... Nah. We can't date. He's already dating Joanna." She said. I sighed in relief.
 
"Do you find him attractive in any way ?" I said.
 
"Well... I have to admit he's a jerk but he can also be a real sweetheart when he wants to. You HAVE to meet him !" She clapped. Oh no.
 
"M-Meet him ? You know, I'm very busy these days..." I said.
 
"Come on, it'll be fun !" She said whining. Ah, she's so cute...
 
"No Nari, I can't." I said.
 
"But why not ?" She said.
 
"What is he even to you that you want me to meet him ?" I said.
 
"He's my friend. And I want him to meet the reason why I still come to school everyday." She said. ...Me ?
 
"You're coming to school because of me ?" I said.
 
"Yeah well also because of my studies but I can say you're the main reason." She said. Why is my heart fluttering ?
 
NARI's POV
 
 
I was walking to the grid when
 
"Kim-poo." I heard. I rolled my eyes, faked a smile and turned so tee Joanna in a rather pretentious pose. Arms crossed, head slightly tilted to the left.
 
"Yes, Joanna ?" I said.
 
"I'm gonna say this ONCE more. ONCE. Stay far away from Sehun." She said. I scoffed.
 
"Is there anything funny ?" She said.
 
"If you don't want Sehun to see me, tell him and then when he'll clearly tell me 'Nari, let's stop seeing each other', I'll stop. Stop acting like you own him." I said with a serious tone. She needs to back off and let the guy chill. 
 
"You don't know what's going on between us so don't talk. Look, that isn't the question. Just stay far away from him." She said. I clenched my fists.
 
"I won't." I said.
 
"What ?" She said.
 
"I said. I won't stay away from him, Joanna. Ever since my first day into this school, you did all you could to turn my life into a living hell. I just let everything flow and never complained but I had enough. I won't let you disrespect me anymore." I said. Her eyes widened.
 
"You're fired." She said.
 
"You can shove your money where I think. I don't give a damn. Money can't buy real things." I said and walked away. I could hear her curse me 'till I reached the grid. I feel so much better now... God. This is the birth of a new Kim Nari. Feeling much better, I walked back home confidently. But I was taken aback when I saw our home getting completely crushed by heavy machines. I ran to mom and Jaebum whom were hugging each other, staring at the scene.
 
"What's going on ?! What are they doing ?!" I said.
 
"It's Yoo group who did this. They found out we didn't pay the taxes and gave us out to the police." Jaebum said with steamy eyes. Mom was so shocked she couldn't even talk. I just stood there, blankly looking at the home where I was born and grew up getting crushed down to small pieces and all the memories with it. I blinked. And that's when I lost control... When tears started pouring like the rain... I had enough. I had enough of this life. Enough of fighting for nothing. But I looked at my mom and my brother and then realized how selfish I was to be thinking this way. I need to be strong for them. I need to be here for them. Just then, my phone rang. I opened my bag, wiped my tears away and picked up.
 
"Sehun, you're calling at the worst moment, please call me back later." I said.
 
"W-Why, what's happening ?" He said.
 
"Joanna." I said. I heard him sighing through the phone. And that's when I started crying again.
 
"What did she do this time ?" He said.
 
"Our house. She... Oh my God. Her father gave the order to destroy our house." I said.
 
"WHAT ?!" He said. 
 
"I don't know what to do... Where am I going to get the money to buy a new house !?" I said.
 
"Stay where you are, I'll be there in a minute." He said and hung up. I put the phone back in my bag and hugged mom and Jaebum tightly.
 
30 MINUTES LATER
 
"Nari !" I saw Sehun running to us. Without even thinking, I ran to him and threw myself into his arms. His shirt was drained with my tears.
 
"Shhhh... It's okay... I'm here..." He said hugging me back. I pulled off and wiped my tears.
 
"Let's go and see your mom." He said. I took him to my mom and Jaebum.
 
"Oh my..." Jaebum said when he saw him. Did I forget to mention he was a fanboy ?
 
"Omo, Mr. Oh !" Mom said wiping her tears away and fixing her hair. What, her too ?!
 
"Nice to meet you. I'm Nari's..." He said and looked at me then wore a mischievous smile.
 
"Boyfriend." He said putting his arm around my waist. My eyes widened as I looked at him. WHAT ?!
 
"Play along." He gritted between his teeth. I just let out a bitter smile. Mom was happy as a rabbit and Jaebum was... Still shocked to see him.
 
"Can we discuss at my place ? I'd like to know my lovely mother-in-law better." He said with a smile. That's it. I'm going insane.
 
"Oh, sure ! Let's go !" She said. Sehun motioned them to get in his car. We didn't go to the EXO dorm this time but to Sehun's place. A luxurious house in Gangnam. Dang it. This kid is rich. The butler led us to an enormous living room where Sehun invited us to sit. He sat beside me as mom and Jaebum sat across us.
 
"I'm very sorry about what happened with your house but do you mind telling me what happened ?" He said.
 
"Well... To be honest, son... It's okay if I call you son right ?" She said.
 
"Sure, mother." Sehun said with a smile. I almost puked.
 
"Son... You know we come from a difficult area and things aren't quite easy. Jaebum and Nari's dad is in jail and I don't have any family member to rely on. My jobs don't pay well, without their help I wouldn't even be able to buy food for us. So 3 years ago, we didn't have the money to pay the taxes. We noticed no one ever claimed it so we didn't pay the year after nor this year. And that's when Yoo group, for I don't know what reason, told everything to the police. They didn't even let us a week to at least find where to live. I don't know what to do now... I don't want my kids to live on the streets..." She said and started crying. My throat tightened. It was a sight I hated. Jaebum softly pat her back. Sehun sighed, leaned forward and held her hands.
 
"Mother, I swear that you won't ever have to live on the streets. This is a promise I make to you. You don't have to worry." He said wiping her tears. Aww...
 
"Thank you son... You're a very good person... You will get rewarded later..." She said holding tightly into his hands.
 
"Mother, I'm already rewarded with Nari. She's the best thing that ever happened to me." He said putting his arm around me. I froze on spot. How can he be so natural at lying ? Damn.
 
"Let me propose you something. I have a few houses in Gangnam.
I'll place you and your son in one of my houses and give you a monthly sum of money for the household. Nari can live with me. And if you're worry anything will happen, she'll stay at the dorm with the other members." Sehun said. Mom and Jaebum started laughing, thanking him and clapping like crazy.
 
"Sehun, don't. You don't have to do that, we'll be okay." I said.
 
"For once that I have the chance to do something for someone else in my miserable spoiled life please let me get a glimpse of happiness." He whispered. I just remained silent. I never knew he felt that way...
 
"Can I talk to you for a second ? In private ? We won't be long." I said.
 
"Sure honey. Excuse us." He said and followed me outside the living room.
 
"What was that ?" I said.
 
"What ?" He said.
 
"The whole 'we're dating' thing. Did I ever agree to date you ?!" I said.
 
"Oh, come on..." He said.
 
"No, Sehun ! What makes you think you can play with my feelings like that ?! I'm not a puppet !" I said.
 
"I know you're not, but-"
 
"No, no 'but's' ! You don't get it ! I don't need anything to-"
 
And my sentence was interrupted when he brutally leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. I thought I was dreaming, for real.
 
"Anything more to say ?" He said when we both pulled off. I couldn't even talk.
 
"That's what I thought." He said with a smile, pulling me back to the living room. We stayed at his house for an hour more, the time to talk to mom about the 3 days trip. Honestly, I couldn't even hear what they were saying. I was just thinking about that kiss. What was it's purpose ? Making me shut up ? Telling me something ? Just to relieve some kind of urge ? I don't know. And I can't ask him. It was time to go home. Jaebum and mom already moved into the house Sehun arranged for them. They didn't have a lot of stuff anyway, the house already had furniture and when Sehun asks something, he gets it. The house got cleaned in a mere 45 minutes and I bet they were already peacefully sleeping in quality bed sheets. I'm happy for them... They deserve it. On my side, Sehun dropped me to Naeun's house. I didn't get a lot of time to see her this week and I missed her so I decided to sleep at her house.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Naeun ?"
 
"..."
 
"Naeeeeeun ?"
 
"..."
 
"Naeuuuuun aaaaaah ?"
 
"..."
 
"...Kai's wife ?"
 
"..."
 
"Okay for how long are you planning to stay mad at me ?" I said giving up.
 
"I don't know. Maybe the time you took to tell me you were dating an idol and more precisely an EXO member, EXO which you're supposed to hate !" She said.
 
"I'm not dating him ! And I hated him... At first." I said.
 
"See ?!" She said.
 
"The only reason why I didn't tell you is because I never planned on becoming friends with him, at all. I thought we were just going to talk then he'd forget about me and things would become normal again but he won't leave me alone. And he brought a big help to us you know..." I said.
 
"I know." She said rolled her eyes. I pouted.
 
"I'll forgive you under ONE condition." She said. I raised an eyebrow. I'm already scared.
 
"Tell him to introduce Kai to me." She said with glitter in her eyes.
 
"Naeun ! Come on ! I can't ask him that ! You know what ? I'll just ask him if you can come with me next time I go to their dorm." I said.
 
"Tomorrow." She said.
 
"Tomorrow is not possible... We're going on a trip..." I said.
 
"And they're even going on trips... Alright, alright... I forgive you." She crossed her arms. I laughed and jumped on her.
 
"I love you so much my little squirrel." I said hugging her.
 
"I love you too but get off me !" She yelled. I kissed her cheek and sat up.
 
"What are you going to do about Joanna, though ? She'll show no mercy." She said.
 
"Well that's her problem. She knows she can't forbid Sehun from seeing me so unless he doesn't want us to see each other, we'll keep on seeing each other." I said.
 
"Hmm. I don't think that's going to happen Nari, the guy is head over heels for you !" She said.
 
"Oh stop." I said.
 
"But seriously ! Look all he's doing for you !" She said.
 
"This kind of guy spends a lot for nothing." I said. She rolled her eyes.
 
"Anyways. Good night squirrel." I said turning the lights off.
 
"Good night Miss. Oh." She said. If I wasn't that tired I would've turn on the lights and beat the crap out of her but oh well.
 
THE NEXT DAY
 
I packed my small things into my rotten suitcase and waited outside Naeun's house as Sehun told me. I saw his car arriving 10 minutes later.
 
"You're so on-time." I said getting in the passenger seat.
 
"Good morning." He sarcastically smiled. I rolled my eyes. But...
 
"You're driving ? Where's your chauffeur ?" I said.
 
"I didn't call him today. Why ? Is there a problem ?" He said.
 
"Nah. I'm just not used to see you driving." I said. He shook his head and we set off.
 
"Where are your suitcases though ?" I said.
 
"They're already in the jet." He said.
 
"Jet ?!" My eyes widened.
 
"Don't tell me you thought we were traveling in a ty Air Korea plane. Come on. We're taking my jet." He said.
 
"I see... Who else is coming ?" I said.
 
"Ummm... D.O hyung, Kris hyung, Lay hyung, Xiumin hyung, Suho hyung, Chanyeol, Tao and Baekhyun." He said.
 
"Wow... All them ?" I said. He nodded.
 
"Tell me, is Kai around ?" I said.
 
"Why you wanna know ?" He shot a glare at me.
 
"My best friend Naeun is head over heels for him." I said.
 
"No wonder. He's an awesome beast." He said. I laughed.
 
"I pity him so much. His dad enrolled him into a ty school filled with fangirls. Hey ! The same as you !" He said.
 
"I don't think so... You must be wrong. If he really came we'd hear it everywhere and everyday." I said.
 
"Really ? Then maybe I'm wrong... But I'm sure he said Daeguk, though... Anyways. So you wanna hook them up ?" He said.
 
"Well I don't know, maybe if he's interested in her." I said.
 
"Wait, let's organize a double date when we'll be back." He said.
 
"With who ?" I said.
 
"You, me, Kai and her, dummy." He said.
 
"Yeah but we're not a couple, dummy." I said.
 
"Who cares, dummy." He said.
 
"Okay can we stop the whole dummy thing ?" I said.
 
"If you want, dummy." He said then laughed. What am I even doing with this kid.
 
"Just for you to know, Kris hyung is coming with his little sister Whitney. So if Jaebum is single, it can be it." He said.
 
"Jaebum ? He's coming ?" I said.
 
"Of course. He's dope, I love him." He said.
 
"Then you guys should totally date." I said. He laughed. We reached the airport in a blink of an eye. There, Sehun parked his car... In the landing area. This guy has so much privileges, gosh... As soon as we arrived there, Sehun grabbed my hand. We walked to the members who were standing in line in front of the plane. They all looked so stylish... 
 
"Hey, is your couple fashion theme 'James Bond' or are you just feeling yourselves ?" The giant with big ears said. Hey... He's kinda right. Sehun is wearing a leather black jacket with black jeans, a black t-shirt and black nike's and I'm wearing a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans and black boots. We're total match.
 
"Let's say we're just feeling ourselves." Sehun said. After greeting them, I ran to who I thought was my little brother. A blonde haired pretty boy wearing sunglasses, an ear pierced, wearing a white shirt with black pants and white nike's. My jaw dropped.
 
"Jaebum ?" I said.
 
"It's JB now, noona." He said.
 
"Alright, JB. What happened to you ?" I said.
 
"We just thought he needed a little... Makeover." The eyeliner doll put his arm around him. (That's how Naeun calls him). I laughed and shook my head.
 
"Alright, boarding !" Sehun clapped. We all boarded into the sumptuous luxurious Oh private jet. God damn... He's so rich... 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
I noticed Whitney was sitting alone behind Kris. I unfastened my seatbelt.
 
"Where are you going ?" Sehun asked.
 
"To talk with Whitney, she seems to be bored." I said. He pulled me back to my seat.
 
"What the-"
 
"Shhhh... Just let JB work it. Hey JB !" He shouted. Jaebum or JB or whatever who was sitting across us, next to Suho, shot his head up and looked at Sehun. Sehun wiggled his eyebrows towards Whitney. JB wore a cheeky smile, fixed his shirt, stood up and took a seat next to her.
 
"See ?" He said.
 
"You guys are terrible. Don't influence my baby brother." I said.
 
"We're not, he's doing it on his own. You have to accept the fact that he's a man now and that he's growing up." He said.
 
"I don't want him to have a girlfriend. He's not ready." I pouted.
 
"Are you telling me he never dated ?" He said.
 
"Never. He told me." I said.
 
"Oh that's what he told you ? Then there are 100 percent chances he lied to you. Come on, what kind of 17 years old never dated ?" He said.
 
"That's different, you started at the cradle." I said.
 
"And I'll stop at the coffin." He said. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Where are we going by the way ?" I said.
 
"Thailand." He said.
 
"For real ?! I've always wanted to go there !" I said.
 
"Your wish is coming true. I have a favor to ask you, if you refuse, I'll open the safety exit and kick you out." He said. This guy only thinks about 1000 ways to murder me.
 
"What kind of favor ?" I said.
 
"I want you to show the guys your dance skills." He said.
 
"Not in hell." I said.
 
"Come onnnnn~" He whined.
 
"Sehun I dance for myself, not other people." I said.
 
"I know but just show them ! You dance so well. It's a loss..." He said.
 
"Maybe. We'll see. If you behave well." I said.
 
"Then I don't think you'll ever show them." He said. I rolled my eyes. After a tiring 5 hours flight, we safely landed in Thailand. It's beautiful. I thought I was dreaming, for real. Just like I pictured it. After we took our luggage, we rode cars for another hour to Pattaya. It's so beautiful. Just like an island. We were split into floors in an enormous house. 1st floor is the outside pool, the garden, the barbecue and the outside bar. 2nd floor, Xiumin and Suho's floor along with the billiard cue. 3rd floor, Tao and Baekhyun's floor and the inner bar. 4th floor, Kris and Lay and the inner poop. 5th floor, Chanyeol and D.O and the bowling. 6th floor, the home cinema. 7th floor, Whitney and Song, Tao's girlfriend. Surprisingly... My key read '6'. 6... Isn't that Sehun's floor ? I pushed the door and saw Sehun's luggage on the floor. Maybe he gave me Sehun's double instead of giving me my key. I should go and check.
 
"You got it right." I heard Sehun's voice. I frowned.
 
"What ?" I said.
 
"It's your floor." He came up to me, smiling.
 
"Then what are you doing at my floor ?" I said.
 
"It's also mine." He said. I scoffed.
 
"If you think we're going to sleep on the same floor, you can go to hell." I said turning on my heels before he grabbed my arm.
 
"We won't. There are 2 rooms. Come on." He said grabbing my arm, smiling. Why is he acting so weird ? But... Where is he taking me ?
 
"Come !" He said pulling me into a room. Honestly, I was creeped out. He smiled and slowly walked up to me. I gulped.
 
"Nari... I have something to tell you."